Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
Jerry Jones is a good businessman. He got insurance on the Prescott deal. Nothing more to it. Dalton will be a good backup or starter.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’d have to get over them primetime/big stage woes real quick...

Yeah.  It's not like they're never in prime time. Plus the scrutiny would be a *****.  Bu they do have two of the worst teams in the league in their division.  Dak did not come up big when they needed him to.

No way Dak is worth 35 mil.   Jeryy will use Dalton as leverage against Dak.  And for peanuts.  Even if AD gets the full 7 mil, it's still a bargain.

Your move, Dak. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Wait... Can we get Dak Prescott to back up Burrow now?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:29 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I don't know.  I think the man wants like 40 million a year.  I can't imagine a 4th round pick not signing already.  Jesus how much money does a man need? 

I have been getting by on $500 the last month waiting for my damn stimulus check which has yet to come and I still can't re open my business.  Can't get unemployment to go through.  Yet this guy needs more than $30 million per....

F*** Dak

Keep in mind these guys have their agents in their ear telling them what they’re worth. In a world where Cousins makes 33 million a year, I’m not surprised Dak wants what he wants. You have to overpay QB’s. That’s what makes having one on a rookie contract so valuable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Good for him and his family...
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:40 AM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  It's not like they're never in prime time. Plus the scrutiny would be a *****.  Bu they do have two of the worst teams in the league in their division.  Dak did not come up big when they needed him to.

No way Dak is worth 35 mil.   Jeryy will use Dalton as leverage against Dak.  And for peanuts.  Even if AD gets the full 7 mil, it's still a bargain.

Your move, Dak. 

Romo never came up big either though, and he was a hell of a QB. A lot of the blame seems to be placed squarely on Jason Garrett, and Jerry for sticking with him way too long.

Sounds familiar...

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:40 AM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  It's not like they're never in prime time. Plus the scrutiny would be a *****.  Bu they do have two of the worst teams in the league in their division.  Dak did not come up big when they needed him to.

Your move, Dak. 

I see this as, Jerry Jones putting pressure on Prescott to sign.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I see this as, Jerry Jones putting pressure on Prescott to sign.

Yep. And if Dak doesn’t Dallas has a decent QB, and won’t have to roll with Cooper Rush...

Reply/Quote
I'm happy he got signed so quickly.

Last season many fans thought the Bengals should go after Mike McCarthy for the head coaching job. Now Dalton has him as his HC.

I haven't read through the thread to see if this was mentioned, but we get the Cowboys in Cinci this year.

Reply/Quote
Dak in a way reflected the whole team last season. He fattened up big time on some truly awful opponents (like the Giants and Skins) but also looked terrible against the Eagles, Packers, Bears and some others. It doesn't mean he is not the starter but the Cowboys last season were fantasy football gold but not so much in terms of real winning in football. That is part of why they have new coaches this season.

With Andy they get a huge upgrade both in backup QB terms and in terms of the QB room overall.
Reply/Quote
3 million. Dirt cheap. Thought he was worth 25 million according to Fred.
Reply/Quote
If you're a Texas kid and find yourself playing QB for the Cowboys, you have arrived at the Pearly Gates.

Andy's best is very good. His bad can be painfully bad. If he could always be at his best, he'd be a top QB in the league.

Through all the coaching and personnel changes and the many rashes of injuries around him, be more aggressive, be less aggressive, do it this way, now do it that way, he never said a peep. He was a very good soldier.

It will be very weird seeing him in another uniform.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Good luck Andy! You have another curmudgeon owner on your hands. j/k
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:23 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Damn, why wouldn't he backup here for 3 million?  That's a steal

The Bengals screwed AD by not cutting him 1st day of FA. AD has too much class to be a Palmer, but why would he ever work for MB again?

My hope for AD is he gets a starting gig in the AFC next year, hopefully Steelers or Pats. He deserves chance to start for a great fan base.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't know, ex-bengals don't do too well in Dallas, he should have worked it out with the patriots.

Burkhead, Cory Dillon got their rings there, Im sure I'm missing someone else too.

ah yes, loser Hill.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals screwed AD by not cutting him 1st day of FA. AD has too much class to be a Palmer, but why would he ever work for MB again?

My hope for AD is he gets a starting gig the AFC next year, hopefully Steelers or Pats. He deserves chance to start for a great fan base.

[Image: source.gif]

Reply/Quote
He didn't go to the ratberds, squeelers or stains. That is good I guess.
Reply/Quote
I wish I could lose 85% of my salary and be rich
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys will trade Andy to the Pats for a 4th rounder, the patriots will cut some of their players, $3 million will be easy to accommodate.
Reply/Quote
whoever said dak prescott was top 5 qbs last year is a joke. He was ranked 13th. Hell even baker mayfly was ranked higher!. NO WAY is he worth 35 million per year!! NO WAY IN HELL!!!

Reply/Quote