Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
Andy Dalton is a Quitter
(04-30-2020, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What are you talking about?  Dalton 100% honored his contract.

Nobody here knows if he tried to re-negotiate his contract to facilitate a trade, but nothing like that is in his contract.

So he played out his final year of his contract with the Bengals for the 2020 season?

No.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Everything we know indicates he wouldn’t.

Wrong.  Everything we know indicates he would.

Last year when he was benched for Finley he still said he would help Ryan anyway he could.

https://www.bengals.com/video/bengalsweekly
Reply/Quote
So if the Bengals released him, without him asking, would you be on here bashing the Bengals for betraying him? Or is that just business?
Reply/Quote
Not even remotely comparable to Palmer.

Good luck to Dalton. I genuinely wish him all the best.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So he played out his final year of his contract with the Bengals for the 2020 season?

No.

He is only required to play for the Bengals UNTIL THEY TERMINATE HIS CONTRACT.

He 100% fulfilled everything required of him in his contract.  The only reason he is not with the team is because THEY released him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:34 PM)Destro Wrote: So if the Bengals released him, without him asking, would you be on here bashing the Bengals for betraying him? Or is that just business?

Some people are bashing Andy for not playing for the Bengals even after they terminated his contract.

LOL
Reply/Quote
Trolls must have no life.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some people are bashing Andy for not playing for the Bengals even after they terminated his contract.

LOL

Yeah, it's amazing people would type something like that for the entire internet to see.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Since when does Mike grant players their release on request? If Mike had any intentions of keeping Andy, he'd still be on the roster.

He was going to be cut at some point. Andy probably just requested it sooner, or they just said it was Andy's request, so he could save some face. Which isn't unheard of in pro sports.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.  Everything we know indicates he would.

Last year when he was benched for Finley he still said he would help Ryan anyway he could.

https://www.bengals.com/video/bengalsweekly

He also immediately went on record asking to be traded, trying to work a trade, and expressing his displeasure at the Bengals for not giving him time to do so. He stated he wanted to go somewherewhere where he would be the starter and play.

This fairytale idea that he went Mayberry and "golly shucks gee wizzed" it and gladly helped Finley belongs on a Fan fiction board.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That doesn't add up though. If he wasn't mentally tough enough to compete for a job, why would he be wanting to hit the open market looking for an opportunity to 'compete' for a job. It would be much easier for him to just stay put, cash the checks and not have to compete at all. Sorry brother, I just don't get your logic on this one.

He had the opportunity of competing for the starting spot with Joe Burrow. Did he try to take advantage of that opportunity? No.

Were the Bengals going to trade him someplace he didn’t want to go? No.

Do you think he would have approved of a trade to a team where he would be a back up after publicly stating he wanted a trade to a team to be a starter? I don’t.

Now he gets to pick and choose the opportunity for the least amount of competition to become a starter.

Carson wasn’t traded until right before the trade deadline in October, so the Bengals still had about 5 months to still work out a trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is only required to play for the Bengals UNTIL THEY TERMINATE HIS CONTRACT.

He 100% fulfilled everything required of him in his contract.  The only reason he is not with the team is because THEY released him.

(04-30-2020, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some people are bashing Andy for not playing for the Bengals even after they terminated his contract.

LOL

Just like Carson, which is the whole point. Andy is thought of as a good guy, when Carson is considered a quitter. Both asked to leave.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If this was not from Pdub I would say it was more trolling, but he really is this clueless.

Dalton "REQUESTED" a release.  He never said he would not play for the Bengals if they did not release him.

Palmer "DEMANDED" a release.  He said he would never play for the Bengals again.  He then quit the team and went home.

Only someone with PDub's IQ would think these were the same thing.

Ironic you take this route, right? I'll give you a taste of your own medicine: How do know he didn't say that? Were you there? NO
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:41 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He also immediately went on record asking to be traded, trying to work a trade, and expressing his displeasure at the Bengals for not giving him time to do so. He stated he wanted to go somewherewhere where he would be the starter and play.

This fairytale idea that he went Mayberry and "golly shucks gee wizzed" it and gladly helped Finley belongs on a Fan fiction board.

It is possible to be upset, request a trade, and still do everything he could to help Finley or mentor Burrow.

People tell a lot about themselves when they start talking about stuff they make up in their heads.  I can clearly see a situation where is person is not happy at his job, yet he keeps working and doing as good of a job as he can.  You, on the other hand, can not even see that it is possible for someone to do anything except pitch a fit and quit. 
Reply/Quote
I mean some of you are just acting like your significant other, while in the throws of passion, screamed out Andy, Andy, Andy...… give it a rest.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:47 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ironic you take this route, right? I'll give you a taste of your own medicine: How do know he didn't say that? Were you there? NO

I work with the facts that we are given.  I don't add pretend stuff to try and make my point.

We were told that Andy requested a release.  

We were told that Palmer said he would never play for the Bengals and then he left the team.

That is all we have to go on.  Can you make your argument with out adding stuff you just made up?
Reply/Quote
This is absurd.

Palmer Quit. He was Never going to dawn Bengals uniform again and in fact retired. Just because the Bengals owned his rights does not make him apart of the team. From Carson’s perspective, he was no longer a Bengal long before Andy was drafted.

Andy doesn’t care about making this team better because he isn’t going to be part of it. You wouldn’t either- so that’s a lame ass argument. He got his chance with Zac and couldn’t capitalize. So his replacement(s) were on the horizon. That’s what happens when you’re a vet and go 0-8 with a new coach. The Bengals have all but said they’d release him if they couldn’t find a deal. Andy simply expedited the process To get a jump on the next chapter- as any of us would.

Only fans have loyalty. Players are loyal to the game. That’s all we can expect.

I think the OP subscribes to the Mandela effect.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Just like Carson, which is the whole point. Andy is thought of as a good guy, when Carson is considered a quitter. Both asked to leave.

Carson is considered a quitter because he still had 4 years left on his contract when he threw his tantrum and refused to play. Andy never did that.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Name one instance where a team kept an $18 million dollar backup when he could've been released with 0 dead cap.

Dalton was going to be cut. Period. It was a matter of when, not if.

I'd also point out that it's incredibly rare that a longtime starter would take a massive paycut to stay on the team as a clear backup.

These are things that just don't happen. It's not reality.

If this is true the team massively misplayed this entire situation. They should have released at the start of free agency and applied the cap savings to free agency.

But, if Andy is the great guy and team player people say he is why wouldn’t he do the home town discount deal?

Also, you’re claiming he would be the clear back up? My question is why? Why is he the clear back up? His experience in the system and with the roster giving him an advantage combined with his talent, why is he clearly the back up? And why isn’t he willing to bet on himself in Cincinnati?

I gotta go for now. Later.
Reply/Quote
This is how I feel about Dalton's departure.

I'm not ecstatic, but I'm not bumming either. I think it was time for a change. I'm eager to see what Burrow can do.

As far as how Dalton does in the future, it is what it is. I'll treat AD like any other former Bengal. I'm a Bengal fanatic. If you aren't wearing stripes, I've got nothing for you. No animosity, no hate.

That's why I can't play Fantasy Football. Not in stripes, don't care...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote