Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
Andy Dalton is a Quitter
(04-30-2020, 02:13 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Facts:

1. Andy Dalton asked for his release, https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1255849003712995338?s=21
2. He's exactly like Carson and a quitter.
3. Just like Carson he demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, what a baby
4. At least with Carson we got a few draft picks
5. Carson was a real team player and stuck around into the season deep enough until there was a QB injury so the Bengals could maximize his value, what a selfless high character move.

Dalton = worse than Carson. I better see folks burning Dalton jersey's all over the place cause this is some shameful stuff going down.  

#Quitter2.0

Don't even want to give you the satisfaction of a response, but had to.

Completely different situations and very non classy by you.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, if Andy is the great guy and team player people say he is why wouldn’t he do the home town discount deal?

Because he was never offered that option?

Reply/Quote
Some days this board is the best. Not all days.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
I hope a mod locks this.

It's unbelievable that this much activity can take place regarding such a tasteless and unwarranted attack on what has to be one of most genuinely kind and generous Bengals ever.

It's embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: I hope a mod locks this.

It's unbelievable that this much activity can take place regarding such a tasteless and unwarranted attack on what has to be one of most genuinely kind and generous Bengals ever.

It's embarrassing.

No. It’s nice to see a hot topic from time to time.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:13 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Some days this board is the best. Not all days.

Lets not let the OP's shitty post bring us down eh?

(04-30-2020, 05:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: I hope a mod locks this.

It's embarrassing.

True. I think it would be better to just let this thing die.
Reply/Quote
This thread is garbage.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Andy was mentally weak as you said earlier, wouldn't he be more content to just stay here and get paid millions of dollars to hold a clipboard and have zero pressure on him at all? That would seem like a weak persons dream scenario to me.

the reality is AD will not be a weekly starter in the NFL ever again. So the $17 mil will be more than he will probably see over the next 4 years of his career as a back up, IF another team even bothers to sign him. 

Right now. The market is over saturated with younger players of his caliber. If my team was in need of a qb, I'd rather take my chances with a younger guy that hasn't peaked. AD has peaked, and is possibly on the down slide now. No thanks.

Good luck to him though how ever it works out for him.
Reply/Quote
Literally nobody on here wanted Andy Dalton to start for the Bengals anymore, and people are giving him shit for leaving... It must suck being a ginger.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Bengals can't afford Andy's contract. 
They already promised to do right by him.
It became obvious that he had to be released.
Andy wanted that to happen sooner rather than later.
Nothing about any of that equals quitting.

Both sides were in a position where there was only one possible outcome. Andy requested that outcome go ahead and happen so he could look for other opportunities. The Bengals agreed and granted that request. The outcome was unavoidable and benefits both.

Only one possible outcome? Not true at all. AD could have taken a paycut and extension to make his salary easier for a trade or mentor/wait it out next year. Again, AD will unlikely ever be a true starter in the NFL again. Just too many younger guys on the market right now that are equivalent. 

I am pretty sure the Bengals would have been fine to have him as the back up at a good price for the next 3-4 years. No other team values him as high.
This is not hate, as Fred likes to say, just keeping it real
Reply/Quote
6 pages? Geez.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 06:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Only one possible outcome? Not true at all. AD could have taken a paycut and extension to make his salary easier for a trade or mentor/wait it out next year. Again, AD will unlikely ever be a true starter in the NFL again. Just too many younger guys on the market right now that are equivalent. 

I am pretty sure the Bengals would have been fine to have him as the back up at a good price for the next 3-4 years. No other team values him as high.

I think you should take a pay cut just to make it easier for whoever you work for. Be a team player. You'll never do better than where you are anyway.

Sounds ridiculous huh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 06:39 PM)jason Wrote: Literally nobody on here wanted Andy Dalton to start for the Bengals anymore, and people are giving him shit for leaving... It must suck being a ginger.

Idk why this made me laugh so much.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 06:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 6 pages?  Geez.

$17 mil vs 0 mil? Geez
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:13 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Facts:

1. Andy Dalton asked for his release, https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1255849003712995338?s=21
2. He's exactly like Carson and a quitter.
3. Just like Carson he demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, what a baby
4. At least with Carson we got a few draft picks
5. Carson was a real team player and stuck around into the season deep enough until there was a QB injury so the Bengals could maximize his value, what a selfless high character move.

Dalton = worse than Carson. I better see folks burning Dalton jersey's all over the place cause this is some shameful stuff going down.  

#Quitter2.0

Bollocks!! Just utter Bollocks!!
Reply/Quote
So about that negative rep...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 06:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Only one possible outcome? Not true at all. AD could have taken a paycut and extension to make his salary easier for a trade or mentor/wait it out next year. Again, AD will unlikely ever be a true starter in the NFL again. Just too many younger guys on the market right now that are equivalent. 

The Bengals may have been good with that idea, but why would Andy want to stick around and hold a clipboard for the next 3-4 years, when he could control where he goes instead and at least try to land a starting job with somewhere else? It wouldn't make any sense from Andy's perspective...which is why I don't think that was ever a realistic option.
Reply/Quote
I'm not big on locking threads. Or suspending guys.

But folks, keep it civil or both options are on the table.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:01 PM)jason Wrote: I think you should take a pay cut just to make it easier for whoever you work for. Be a team player. You'll never do better than where you are anyway.

Sounds ridiculous huh?

Sure, I would if I was already a multi-millionaire. Why bite the hand that feeds? And obviously now is a good time to be a Bengal.

The point is the market is not there for AD to "cash in" on. That 17 mil is more likely more than he will make over the next 4 years, if he is still even on a team. Back up spot starter is about all he will be. 

Sounds ridiculous now hunh?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Bengals may have been good with that idea, but why would Andy want to stick around and hold a clipboard for the next 3-4 years, when he could control where he goes instead and at least try to land a starting job with somewhere else? It wouldn't make any sense from Andy's perspective...which is why I don't think that was ever a realistic option.

because his play has been terrible in recent years. No team is gonna pay him more than the Bengals would have. 

I will keep saying it. Look at the QB market place? Too many younger AD's out there for him to have a real chance. 
Reply/Quote