Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
Andy Dalton is a Quitter
(04-30-2020, 07:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sure, I would if I was already a multi-millionaire. Why bite the hand that feeds? And obviously now is a good time to be a Bengal.

The point is the market is not there for AD to "cash in" on. That 17 mil is more likely more than he will make over the next 4 years, if he is still even on a team. Back up spot starter is about all he will be. 

Sounds ridiculous now hunh?

Which part? Telling someone they have enough money? Or proclaiming that Dalton will never again be a starter? There are 2 teams that he could win the starting job for right now...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sure, I would if I was already a multi-millionaire. Why bite the hand that feeds? And obviously now is a good time to be a Bengal.

The point is the market is not there for AD to "cash in" on. That 17 mil is more likely more than he will make over the next 4 years, if he is still even on a team. Back up spot starter is about all he will be. 

Sounds ridiculous now hunh?

The market's not there now, but if a few QB's drop before the season starts, there could be (albeit not at $17 million - that year of his contract wasn't going to get played out anywhere unless the Bengals ate part of it).  No reason for Dalton or the Bengals to commit to anything until things have taken their course.  It's not impossible that Dalton doesn't still come back for back-up money if there aren't any takers.  Until his house is on the market, I wouldn't rule anything out. ... and who would you rather have as backup/mentor to Burrow - Dalton or Finley? 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: because his play has been terrible in recent years. No team is gonna pay him more than the Bengals would have. 

I will keep saying it. Look at the QB market place? Too many younger AD's out there for him to have a real chance. 

By getting released, he at least controls where he goes and the opportunities he wants to go after. It at least gives him a chance to eventually start again, even if some think he has none. 
Reply/Quote
The general consensus of this message board for the last 5 years: I'm tired of supporting an organization that isn't committed to winning. They don't have a GM. They don't spend in free agency. There's no indoor practice facility. I'm not going to another game, or buying merchandise until they do.

Carson Palmer after 7 seasons as a Bengal: Hey Mike Brown... I'm tired of getting my nose splattered during preseason games. You think maybe we could bring in some outside help to help push us past the 2 perennial contenders in our division?... Maybe get one of those practice bubbles I had in college?... Cause I'm thinking if not, I might just not wanna be here anymore.

It's been ten years. I'm willing to forgive and forget for someone doing the same thing many of us have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The OP is a bizarre take.

Where's Second Base when you need him?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:22 PM)jason Wrote: Which part? Telling someone they have enough money? Or proclaiming that Dalton will never again be a starter? There are 2 teams that he could win the starting job for right now...

Only 2 teams? Count again. NE said no thanks, we are sticking with Stidham about an hour ago. 

So who is left? Jax?
Didn't MInshew finish with a higher qb rating last year and is only 23? Jax would be better served sticking with a younger AD and developing him. He might get an offer from Jax, but it will be for peanuts and it will be for a back up role. I'd stick with Minshew and if he's stinking up the joint during the season next year, then I think about signing AD. No reason for doing so now. Wait and see. 

That sounds like AD is really in control of where he plays next.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:28 PM)felis tigris Wrote: The market's not there now, but if a few QB's drop before the season starts, there could be (albeit not at $17 million - that year of his contract wasn't going to get played out anywhere unless the Bengals ate part of it).  No reason for Dalton or the Bengals to commit to anything until things have taken their course.  It's not impossible that Dalton doesn't still come back for back-up money if there aren't any takers.  Until his house is on the market, I wouldn't rule anything out. ... and who would you rather have as backup/mentor to Burrow - Dalton or Finley? 

I'm all for him coming back at a cheaper rate to be back up/mentor. 

And if another team loses their starter next year, by all means offer him in a trade. As we both seem to agree the market is just not there right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon people.  It is a joke.  Didn't you notice the part about how Carson "stuck around into the season".

No one here is that stupid or ignorant of what happened.

Clearly there's at least one.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Only 2 teams? Count again. NE said no thanks, we are sticking with Stidham about an hour ago. 

So who is left? Jax?
Didn't MInshew finish with a higher qb rating last year and is only 23? Jax would be better served sticking with a younger AD and developing him. He might get an offer from Jax, but it will be for peanuts and it will be for a back up role. I'd stick with Minshew and if he's stinking up the joint during the season next year, then I think about signing AD. No reason for doing so now. Wait and see. 

That sounds like AD is really in control of where he plays next.  Sarcasm

New England has never been dishonest in anyway...

I'll admit... Both New England and Jacksonville could be tanking for Trevor Lawrence this year. But Andy Dalton could win an open competition for QB in both cities... Hell he could win one in Chicago or Washington, or Carolina. He won't get that chance, but he could. He had no chance here. He fate was already sealed. Burrow has been annointted as the savior.

So yes... He has more control now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:54 PM)jason Wrote: New England has never been dishonest in anyway...

I'll admit... Both New England and Jacksonville could be tanking for Trevor Lawrence this year. But Andy Dalton could win an open competition for QB in both cities... Hell he could win one in Chicago or Washington, or Carolina. He won't get that chance, but he could. He had no chance here. He fate was already sealed. Burrow has been annointted as the savior.

So yes... He has more control now.

No way NE is bad enough to land Trevor. Their defense alone will win them a handful of games.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No way NE is bad enough to land Trevor. Their defense alone will win them a handful of games.

Yeah... At one point last year they would've been 500 if their offense had not taken a single snap. That's crazy.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
F all this mess. I'm a bit drunk and going to watch an older cheesy movie from 1986 "Delta Force" with Chuck Norris on Amazon Prime. Have not watched it again in decades. If Chuck Norris had coached Andy Dalton, Andy would have lead the league in passing yards and touchdowns his entire career and won 9 Super Bowls with no career interceptions. If Chuck Norris was a kicker for the Bengals he would make 75 yard field goals with no shoes on. Wink

Whatever, I'm just going to watch this damn movie and then sleep

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:39 PM)Roland Wrote: Worth saying again.  Dumbest thread ever posted.

Bump.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 08:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: F all this mess.  I'm a bit drunk and going to watch an older cheesy movie from 1986 "Delta Force" with Chuck Norris on Amazon Prime.   Have not watched it again in decades.  If Chuck Norris had coached Andy Dalton, Andy would have lead the league in passing yards and touchdowns his entire career and won 9 Super Bowls with no career interceptions.   If Chuck Norris was a kicker for the Bengals he would make 75 yard field goals with no shoes on.   Wink

Whatever, I'm just going to watch this damn movie and then sleep

Unfortunately that was not a movie that got better with age...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 09:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Unfortunately that was not a movie that got better with age...

I'm just disappointed that when I said I was going to sleep after the movie no one responded with, "Sleep tight, sucker."  Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I...

I have no words.

Read the first post a few replies and now I have to question if Natural Selection is real.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Quitter: No

Selfish: Yes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This thread is trash but I’m pretty sure you are trolling. These are two different scenarios entirely. The Bengals drafted Andy’s replacement. Andy was nothing but a class act. This thread needs locked.
Reply/Quote
We're better than this.

Andy Dalton gave everything he had to this team, as did Dre K BTW.

And both of them contributed alot to the Cincy community.

Both of their performances fell off. There were many contributing factors, but none of them related to the heart or character of these two men.

It was time for a partial rebuild. In Andy's case, we had a chance to draft the most promising young QB since Andrew Luck. We couldn't not do it.

From my understanding, he wanted to be released because nobody was willing to trade for him and take on that salary. He wanted the chance to go find a starting job. Mike obliged him.

Thank you Andy Dalton (and AJ Green) for saving this franchise from the humiliation that Carson Palmer subjected us to. Even with a shortened pre-season, the rookie Dalton led this team to the playoffs the year Palmer quit.

I'll never forget the comeback win against Buffalo. Or the Green Bay game in the Jungle. Or the 4th qtr wins in Baltimore and Atlanta. I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

Andy Dalton might have become mediocre, but he never gave up. Not ever.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: This thread is trash but I’m pretty sure you are trolling. These are two different scenarios entirely. The Bengals drafted Andy’s replacement. Andy was nothing but a class act. This thread needs locked.

It's ridiculous to see people begging for locking the thread & censorship. Since OP's opinion is different from the masses, let's silence it, right?

Bottom line is that Dalton asked for his release and asked to be traded once things weren't going his way. That is no different than Carson, yet people call Carson a quitter and Andy's this great guy? That's BS & a complete double standard.

As another member said, at least Carson was leader enough to walk in and demand changes or he was out. AD was just happy to go along with the establishment and collect a check. Well, until he wasn't after they benched him for 3 straight losing seasons & an 0-8 start.
Reply/Quote