Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Andy Dalton is for real
Sacked 7 times, hit or hurried how many more? Yet he still goes "quietly" 23-30 for 366 yds. And a 114.0 QBR. 

He had a bit of a rough start but make no mistake folks, We have our franchise QB. It has clicked and I'd  put him right up there with almost any other QB in the league. We will go as far as he takes us and that's a great thing because he is fully capable of taking us to the promised land. I firmly believe He's as good as any in the game right now. He can do it all and I love being able to label him as MY TEAMS quarterback!

WHO DEY?!?   Who Dey

Reply/Quote
Imagine the kind of numbers he could have put up had he not been knocked on his keyster all day.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Imagine the kind of numbers he could have put up had he not been knocked on his keyster all day.

True dat.  Also, imagine what the Jets are thinking right now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Even the INT wasn't a bad play - if Boyd breaks back to the ball (rookie mistake) it is at worst incomplete.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Sacked 7 times, hit or hurried how many more? Yet he still goes "quietly" 23-30 for 366 yds. And a 114.0 QBR. 

He had a bit of a rough start but make no mistake folks, We have our franchise QB. It has clicked and I'd  put him right up there with almost any other QB in the league. We will go as far as he takes us and that's a great thing because he is fully capable of taking us to the promised land. I firmly believe He's as good as any in the game right now. He can do it all and I love being able to label him as MY TEAMS quarterback!

WHO DEY?!?   Who Dey

Dalton proved his toughness today, that's for sure.  He got pounded over and over, but didn't let it affect him and made play after play down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Imagine the kind of numbers he could have put up had he not been knocked on his keyster all day.

"He still hasn't won a playoff game!"   Sarcasm

....say the Talking Heads!
Reply/Quote
2nd best QB on the day so far (still have Brady and Ben to go though...and one might make an argument for Jameis Winston who had 4 TDs and 1 INT even though he had less yards).

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:10 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: 2nd best QB on the day so far (still have Brady and Ben to go though...and one might make an argument for Jameis Winston who had 4 TDs and 1 INT even though he had less yards).

You've gotta wait till October for him...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:10 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: 2nd best QB on the day so far (still have Brady and Ben to go though...and one might make an argument for Jameis Winston who had 4 TDs and 1 INT even though he had less yards).

Brady is suspended. 

Reply/Quote
Those "Let's get rid of Andy" or "Let's start AJ McCarron" threads seem rather silly now, don't they?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady is suspended. 

Wow...totally forgot that.  Facepalm 

Reply/Quote
James Winston had better numbers than he played. Atlanta has a horrid defense and he had no pressure at all (we got more pressure on Fitz than Atlanta got on Winston). So I have to discount Winston a bit as we would have probably dropped 50-60 points on that defense.
Reply/Quote
Finally people are seeing what I have seen all along.
Reply/Quote
McCarron would've gotten killed out there today.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Dalton put up great numbers against a great defense.

Brees threw for over 400 yards against the Raiders. Not a great defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:18 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Dalton put up great numbers against a great defense.

Brees threw for over 400 yards against the Raiders. Not a great defense.

And lost.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Finally people are seeing what I have seen all along.

I have been an Andy supporter from the start, feel free to check the Andy Dalton/aj mccarron archives. This thread was simply to drive the point home. We hav our guy and we are fortunate to have him.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:20 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I have been an Andy supporter from the start

I think we'll see this sentence a lot around here now.
Reply/Quote
I tend to visit opposing team's message boards from time to time, and they always say pressure on Dalton is our biggest weakness.

I've never really believed that before, and hell if I do now. It seems he's getting noticeably better as the games go by.
Reply/Quote
Andy had a great game after a slow start. Took a real problem (getting sacked every play and atrocious OL play) and turned it into the above stats and a W. The cream of the crop wouldn't have been any better today, Andy put up an elite performance out there.

I'd still like to see him do this week in, week out. But you can't argue with the way Andy has played since the beginning of last season. He has really taken a jump forward. Let's hope he can keep it going.
Reply/Quote