Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is the best player on the Bengals
Andy played one hell of a game yesterday getting almost no support for our awful offensive line.  Any of you who are Dalton haters owe that man an apology.

Don't kid yourself. Our line play on both sides is awful.  Any hopes of A Super Bowl run are finished. Better for us to completely tank- which we might- to get in the top 10 of the draft next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He and Bernard were really the only ones who played like they gave a shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Andy AJ and Gio are pretty much all we got sadly.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:29 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Andy played one hell of a game yesterday getting almost no support for our awful offensive line.  Any of you who are Dalton haters owe that man an apology.

Don't kid yourself. Our line play on both sides is awful.  Any hopes of A Super Bowl run are finished. Better for us to completely tank- which we might- to get in the top 10 of the draft next year.

We must have watched different games.
Reply/Quote
I doubt anyone reasonable is too heavily on Dalton's case, but thems the breaks of being a QB. If we don't pull it together eventually we might go down that "What's the point of paying a vet QB $15 million when we can see what a bunch of young guys can do" bs carousel.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:31 AM)Fresno B Wrote: We must have watched different games.

You must be a long time Dalton hater.

He is getting 2 seconds or less on every play to pass even with a three or four man rush.

He missed Boyd on one play but he was under incredible pressure like he was the whole game.

Bodine and our RT are like revolving doors and Zeitler is playing below what you would expect from a 5th round draft pick rookie.

What is the hell is any QB supposed to do with Bodine getting killed on almost every play on bull rushes or twist plays.

He gets tossed aside like he is a high school kid playing against men.

There is ZERO excuse for Bodine being on the Bengals any more, much less the starting center.
Reply/Quote
I think Carlos is our best player.
Reply/Quote
Waits for loser to come in and point out 2 to 3 "open" passes he missed like hes the only QB who misses easy passes sometimes............

Dalton has been tough all season. This if you remember is prob gonna be his 1st losing season in his football career. I hate we have to see it but it is gonna be interesting to see how mentally tough he is.

The fact that hes not throwing pics was at least keeping us in games up until Dallas came in and took our manhood.

Hes a QB I can ride with through whatever. I just hope our franchise doesn't destroy his love for the game like we did Palmer. If we lose another guy like that I'm flat out picking another team. Someone can come in and hit me with the "bye bye then" smartass comment but that's just how I feel. If we lose Green or Dalton like we lost Palmer I'm done with the Bengals until we change EVERYTHING
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:29 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Andy played one hell of a game yesterday getting almost no support for our awful offensive line.  Any of you who are Dalton haters owe that man an apology.

He's not getting any help from his receivers either. Watch when he scrambles, the receivers generally stand around watching. They don't try to get open and they don't block anyone.

Dalton needs to call them out or SOMETHING.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dalton has come a long way in the last 18 months. The pre 2015 Dalton would not be able to get anything done behind this line. He barely has any time to set up, is getting hit and harassed constantly, it's just not pretty. I know he does not have a bunch of touchdowns, but the yards he has been able to accumulate this year is impressive.
Reply/Quote
Dalton looks like he's the only one that gives a shit out there. That's for sure.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:30 AM)Big Boss Wrote: He and Bernard were really the only ones who played like they gave a shit.

Dunlap and LaFell had a decent game too.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:36 AM)bengals67 Wrote: You must be a long time Dalton hater.

He is getting 2 seconds or less on every play to pass even with a three or four man rush.

He missed Boyd on one play but he was under incredible pressure like he was the whole game.

Bodine and our RT are like revolving doors and Zeitler is playing below what you would expect from a 5th round draft pick rookie.

What is the hell is any QB supposed to do with Bodine getting killed on almost every play on bull rushes or twist plays.

There is ZERO excuse for Bodine being on the Bengals any more, much less the starting center.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck. Dalton didn't do anything to help this team yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
It's clearly not ON Dalton alone, but it's hard to look at a game where you score 0 points until it's all but over and not wonder what the QB was up to for 75% of the game. That's the nature of the business.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:36 AM)bengals67 Wrote:
You must be a long time Dalton hater.

He is.....don't waste your time.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:50 AM)Housh Wrote: Waits for loser to come in and point out 2 to 3 "open" passes he missed like hes the only QB who misses easy passes sometimes............

Dalton has been tough all season. This if you remember is prob gonna be his 1st losing season in his football career. I hate we have to see it but it is gonna be interesting to see how mentally tough he is.

The fact that hes not throwing pics was at least keeping us in games up until Dallas came in and took our manhood.

Hes a QB I can ride with through whatever. I just hope our franchise doesn't destroy his love for the game like we did Palmer. If we lose another guy like that I'm flat out picking another team. Someone can come in and hit me with the "bye bye then" smartass comment but that's just how I feel. If we lose Green or Dalton like we lost Palmer I'm done with the Bengals until we change EVERYTHING

100% that. If we lose more guys like Dalton and Green, I'm done. I'll find a college team to cheer for.

(10-10-2016, 10:57 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Dalton has come a long way in the last 18 months.  The pre 2015 Dalton would not be able to get anything done behind this line.  He barely has any time to set up, is getting hit and harassed constantly, it's just not pretty.  I know he does not have a bunch of touchdowns, but the yards he has been able to accumulate this year is impressive.

He's on pace for over 4800 yards. The TDs will come at some point.

(10-10-2016, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dunlap and LaFell had a decent game too.

Yup, I've been proud of those 2 this year. LaFell is quietly on pace for almost 900 yards and 6 TDs. He looks like he's 100% over last years injury.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's clearly not ON Dalton alone, but it's hard to look at a game where you score 0 points until it's all but over and not wonder what the QB was up to for 75% of the game.  That's the nature of the business.

From what I saw, running for his life!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I agree with you on the performance of our lines on both sides of the ball, but totally disagree with you on everything else. I'm not suggesting that Andy cost us the game, he did not! But when we're down by several points late in the game, I expect a lot more from our QB (even when all WRs are covered) than what Andy gives. Too often he prematurely gives up on plays. 

We don't have the luxury of a over-powering defense that can consistently scores points, therefore, Andy has to know when to shift gears a little.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: He is.....don't waste your time.  

Thanks for the tip. I won't.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: From what I saw, running for his life!

Well that didn't stop us from ragging on the Klinglers or the David Carrs of the world!
Reply/Quote