Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is the best player on the Bengals
If you would've told me we would be 2-3 with an offense as low as we are in production, I would say Dalton's numbers would be a trainwreck. They haven't been. He's actually NOT been the reason for it...he's made very few mistakes considering the situations he's been in.
Reply/Quote
Andy is ripping it up despite all our faults. 2-3 years ago there were huge doubts about him, I somewhat agreed as well. But there is no doubt, absolute franchise QB and we are mightily lucky to have him.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You can tell when he's pissed because he turns an unusually bright shade of red.

My favorite is his pissed off facial expression. He kind squints his eyes and tightens his lips. The face always reminded me of something and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I saw the expression on something else and realized what it was.

[Image: tcu-horned-frogs-91.jpeg]

Andy is so connected to TCU that his angry face matches the TCU Horned Frog's face.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 03:03 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Andy has always been good, not just recent Dalton.

One of only six QBs to pass for over 3,000 yards in his first three seasons. One of only five QBs to throw for 20 or more touchdowns in his first three seasons. Threw for more yards and touchdowns than any other Bengal in just his third year. Four consecutive playoff appearances, but really led us to five consecutive. And then some naive neophytes on here act like he's Brian Griese.

Agreed, but we have heard a LITTANY of excuses as to why all of this is the case.  Dalton was always a decent enough QB, the last two seasons he has developed into a very good QB.  Thanks Hue.  ***** Kenny Chimpanzee couldn't coach him to the next level.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Dalton debate is over. The guy is a quality QB, and there are plenty of teams that would be happy to have him. He's not perfect, and his play suffers when pass protection sucks and there's no running game. Of course you can say that about every QB on the planet.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:35 AM)Utts Wrote: Andy is fine, but clearly not the best. 

(10-11-2016, 02:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: That'd be how I marked it.....and 55 is my favorite.  We've needed an enforcer for a very long time.  Maybe since Fulcher.

I'd probably have the top 5 as;

Although, I think a case could be made to have #96 on that list. Dalton slightly edged him out with his MVP caliber performance last season, and what he's been able to do this year while pretty much running for his life.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 09:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I'd probably have the top 5 as;

Although, I think a case could be made to have #96 on that list. Dalton slightly edged him out with his MVP caliber performance last season, and what he's been able to do this year while pretty much running for his life.

Good list....I'd probably have 14 over 85....simply due to durability.....followed by 96 over 85 too.  Dude just can't stay on the field.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good list....I'd probably have 14 over 85....simply due to durability.....followed by 96 over 85 too.  Dude just can't stay on the field.

Sad but true. Eifert might be the second best TE in the league, but it doesn't matter if he's never on the field.  

Reply/Quote
I would say he is. Especially how he's been playing last season and this year.
Reply/Quote
103.4 rating today. He can't do it by himself.

He probably needs better than 87 yards and 3.1 YPC from his RBs.

The defense not allowing 35 points would help too.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote