Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Getting Disrespected Already
http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/16ranksWeek1QB/fantasy-football-week-1-quarterback-rankings

I know this is just fantasy rankings, so it's all based on statistics, but c'mon now. Does anyone else see this as Andy being disrespected?

Look at some of the guys that are ranked ahead of him. Tyrod Taylor? Cousins playing the Steelers? Rivers playing the Chiefs? Dak Prescott in his first career start?

I know that it is getting to be beating a dead horse when we complain about the disrespect we get at the beginning of every season. Some would call it earned, but I for one, after 20+ years of being a Cincy fan, am sick of it. I think he will be in the top 12-15 at least this week.
Reply/Quote
Respect comes at the other end of the football season, after accomplishing something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:13 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/16ranksWeek1QB/fantasy-football-week-1-quarterback-rankings

I know this is just fantasy rankings, so it's all based on statistics, but c'mon now.  Does anyone else see this as Andy being disrespected?

Look at some of the guys that are ranked ahead of him. Tyrod Taylor? Cousins playing the Steelers? Rivers playing the Chiefs? Dak Prescott in his first career start?

I know that it is getting to be beating a dead horse when we complain about the disrespect we get at the beginning of every season. Some would call it earned, but I for one, after 20+ years of being a Cincy fan, am sick of it.  I think he will be in the top 12-15 at least this week.

You should have stopped yourself when you read "fantasy".  Totally different value system, bro. 

Tyrod Taylor is possibly valued higher than a guy like fatburger because he can rush for yards and TDs, too.  Kirk Cousins will likely have to air it out because they will be behind and have to come back.  This is why Bortles was ranked highly in preseason rankings for fantasy QBs. 

Dalton will, hopefully, go something like 20/25, 200 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs.  That would be a mediocre day for a fantasy QB, but an awesome day for the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
Call me "whiny" all you want, but it is what it is. I understand these are fantasy stats, as I said, but we all know that it doesn't stop at fantasy. You can call it whining and say that disrespect comes on the other end of the season, etc. However, on that note, does our disrespect in the off season and the start of every other season lead to us getting disrespected by the NFL in the postseason? Am I whining if I complain about the NFL disrespecting the Bengals when it comes to last year's playoff game? Or when we talk about the suspension that was laid on Burfict compared to others that seem to play much dirtier?

Its easy to say "oh, here we go. Another whiny @$$ Bengals fan." But can you read between the lines?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should have stopped yourself when you read "fantasy".  Totally different value system, bro. 

Tyrod Taylor is possibly valued higher than a guy like fatburger because he can rush for yards and TDs, too.  Kirk Cousins will likely have to air it out because they will be behind and have to come back.  This is why Bortles was ranked highly in preseason rankings for fantasy QBs. 

Dalton will, hopefully, go something like 20/25, 200 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs.  That would be a mediocre day for a fantasy QB, but an awesome day for the Bengals. 

^ This x10.

Dalton is a great quarterback, just not a top fantasy quarterback...

Who knows... maybe Tyler Boyd going for 1,200 yards will change that Wink
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Team loyalty & respect has to go out the window when playing fantasy sports. If you want to win anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:00 AM)milksheikh Wrote: ^ This x10.

I agree. I understand that it is just fantasy predictions and that Andy has never been a "blow you away with stats" kind of guy.  It just gets irritating. I'm protective of this team and when I see guys like Tyrod Taylor ranked seven spots ahead of "my quarterback" ( Cry) it raises my blood pressure.
Reply/Quote
He was top 5 fantasy qb last year he finished 18th even with the injury
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:00 AM)milksheikh Wrote: ^ This x10.

Dalton was a top fantasy QB the last 2 out of 3 years, so IDK what you're talking about.
Reply/Quote
Its effing fantasy football, who cares how many points Dalton puts up for your team, as long as he wins us the game I don't care.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Aj mccarron should be higher too

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton was a top fantasy QB the last 2 out of 3 years, so IDK what you're talking about.

He was before he was injured last year, etc. but what I mean he wasn't a top 3 quarterback in fantasy and was never drafted to be.

In the fantasy world, Dalton is that one quarterback that produces but never gets credit for it...

Sadly, that's the reality we live in.

Reply/Quote
This is where Andy is actually getting disrespected..

Ranked #14 of QBs..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000696118/article/qb-index-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota-emerging

Reply/Quote
Okay I realize that it is a "fantasy football" article, with "fantasy football" rankings, but you guys that keep pointing out that "its just fantasy, who cares" are widely missing my point in the OP.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:21 AM)milksheikh Wrote: This is where Andy is actually getting disrespected..

Ranked #14 of QBs..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000696118/article/qb-index-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota-emerging

ROFL that list
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:21 AM)milksheikh Wrote: This is where Andy is actually getting disrespected..

Ranked #14 of QBs..

Andy is just outside the top 10 for me. Top 5 last year before the injury though.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:00 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: Call me "whiny" all you want, but it is what it is. I understand these are fantasy stats, as I said, but we all know that it doesn't stop at fantasy. You can call it whining and say that disrespect comes on the other end of the season, etc. However, on that note, does our disrespect in the off season and the start of every other season lead to us getting disrespected by the NFL in the postseason? Am I whining if I complain about the NFL disrespecting the Bengals when it comes to last year's playoff game? Or when we talk about the suspension that was laid on Burfict compared to others that seem to play much dirtier?

Its easy to say "oh, here we go. Another whiny @$$ Bengals fan." But can you read between the lines?

Life isn't fair however, when it comes to the Media and the NFL. Neither fits the description of 'democracy', so brace yourself when it comes to being a Bengals fan. The team will continue to be criticized by some for its failures until it replaces them with blinding success. That is the lay of the land - right, wrong, or indifferent.

WTS, I'm pretty sick of hearing about it myself. Year after year, decade after decade, we say "Maybe this year is THE year". But it's probably something we're not going to hear much from outside the fan base. Unfortunately, the team has shown it can lose in a wide variety of ways over the life of the franchise. And that is what the critics thrive on - NOT the potential we see.  

One thing we're not going to do here though is call each other names, or be condescending towards each other, when opinions are expressed.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:38 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Life isn't fair however, when it comes to the Media and the NFL. Neither fits the description of 'democracy', so brace yourself when it comes to being a Bengals fan. The team will continue to be criticized by some for its failures until it replaces them with blinding success. That is the lay of the land - right, wrong, or indifferent.

WTS, I'm pretty sick of hearing about it myself. Year after year, decade after decade, we say "Maybe this year is THE year". But it's probably something we're not going to hear much from outside the fan base. Unfortunately, the team has shown it can lose in a wide variety of ways over the life of the franchise. And that is what the critics thrive on - NOT the potential we see.  

One thing we're not going to do here though is call each other names, or be condescending towards each other, when opinions are expressed.

Thanks. I don't mind being called names, no big deal, but i really appreciate you actually contributing to the thread with an opinion on the actual subject and not missing my point completely.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:38 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Life isn't fair however, when it comes to the Media and the NFL. Neither fits the description of 'democracy', so brace yourself when it comes to being a Bengals fan. The team will continue to be criticized by some for its failures until it replaces them with blinding success. That is the lay of the land - right, wrong, or indifferent.

OP, embrace it. Bengals will be disrespected by the media until we show up in the playoffs. 7 1 and dones deserve the title of 'Bungles.'

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:48 AM)jeremydc Wrote: OP, embrace it. Bengals will be disrespected by the media until we show up in the playoffs. 7 1 and dones deserve the title of 'Bungles.'

Yeah, I understand. It sucks but I do get it. I'm 28 years old, born in 1987, and I would say that I have been a Bengals fan since I was 7 years old (20+ years), however, I have grown up in a small town full of Steelers fans in NE Pennsylvania so when it comes to disrespect, its never ending for me.  I guess I just get a little sensitive on the matter when I have to read it over and over, year after year, in the media.

With that being said, we do need to prove ourselves this year.  We have had a damn good run as of late reaching the playoffs, but if we miss the playoffs this year or (In my opinion) even worse, go "one-and-done" again, we will grant ourselves another 20 years of disrespect.   
Reply/Quote