Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy freakin Dalton
so i've watched the game winning TD like 20 times, and that throw by Dalton was literally perfect
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:06 AM)XsandOs Wrote: No. My analogy speaks to outcome being a significant stat when the athlete in question is directly involved in that outcome. Chavez was in the fight throughout the night. It wasn't a lucky punch.

In football, not being a sudden death sport, that is a must.

Ultimately, how many yards or QB rating points would one give for a win, when the winning QB delivers at the most crucial part of the game and the losing QB does not? That is the question.

Related to the SB last year, I can't recall stats. But I would say Foles. He was instrumental in the win. He delivered throughout the game and in the crucial last drive.

I would also say the same about Eli and his two wins against Brady.

Now, I wouldn't say that Ben outplayed the Seahawks QB in their first SB win. Because their RB and defense won that game.

So, no. The winning QB has to play well and be directly involved in the crucial moments that settle the outcome.

Kinda like when our backup QB had a shitty game, then threw a TD to go ahead late in the game, and he "almost won us a playoff game". Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can folks just stop it? Matty had almost 100 more yards on 2 fewer attempts, he has zero turnovers, and received the same pressure Andy did.

Andy had a really, really, really, great game; however, it was not as good as Matty's, unless folks want to say Boyd had a better game than Julio because he won.

This is crazy.

Stats..Schmats! I'll take a win. Both QBs played very good
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yeah that was a stupid play by our back up safety, knock it down in that situation, going for the interception could have ended in disaster

Not so certain about that. At first I was like, how did he complete that. By letting him catch it and tackle him, they took the PI call out of the equation since it wasn't in the EZ.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah and holding them to a FG after the punt block was a bright spot.

That was CRUCIAL.  Nice gut check by the D there.  It seemed, for a brief moment, that the team was going to lose it after the Eifert injury.  That stand right there, got our heads back in the game I believe.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:11 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: so i've watched the game winning TD like 20 times, and that throw by Dalton was literally perfect

I thought the throw to AJ for a TD that got nullified by the BS call on Hart was completely insane! That was a thing of beauty!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda like when our backup QB had a shitty game, then threw a TD to go ahead late in the game, and he "almost won us a playoff game". Mellow

Yes but that's different because, well ummm, ok........ I got nothing
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought the throw to AJ for a TD that got nullified by the BS call on Hart was completely insane! That was a thing of beauty!

It was insane.  So was the rope to Ross for his TD and the game winner.  Dalton made some VERY impressive passes yesterday.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
Well we certainly can't say Dalton is winning "cuz defense" anymore.

I guess we can credit the weapons or talk about the other team's QB for whatever reason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get the thread was to praise Andy and I did so by saying he had a great game; but Matt had a better game, It's not opinion; it's fact.

It's OK, he can have a great game, while the opposing QB has a better one. 

Matty had about 100 more yards, a passer rating about 30 points higher, got the same pressure Andy did. Sure Andy had a great final drive, but that does not change the body of work.

Quick question that folks can answer honestly and perhaps figure it out:

Who had a better game Tyler Boyd or AJ Green? 

Most people just didn't see the need to pimp the other team's QB for no real reason.  Maybe that's where the confusion lies.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well we certainly can't say Dalton is winning "cuz defense" anymore.

I guess we can credit the weapons or talk about the other team's QB for whatever reason.

Andy Dalton could throw the game winning pass 55 yards downfield in the final seconds running backwards from six unblocked defenders, over his back using a mirror, left handed while on crutches with a patch over his right eye.

And the haters will still be saying.......well the pass was wobbly or remember that tipped pass int in the 1st qtr ?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Andy Dalton is a heck of a QB.  Hard to understand why a significant portion of the fan base like to treat him like a redheaded step child.

If it weren't for some drops and stupid penalties, and a non-call or two, he could have easily led them to a couple more scores today.

Well there is the red headed issue out there.

I can't vouch for his family of origin  Ninja

He really is a heck of a QB.   We hold him to the perfection standard, so whenever he makes any kind of mistake it proves to some of us that he's worthless.

And you know Tom Brady has never had a bad game...
Reply/Quote
Dalton is having a great year. He getting the ball out as fast as I've seen him making a lot of accurate throws into tight windows. One big thing I've noticed this year is he's really standing in the pocket and not getting flustered making big throws under pressure.

I think Andy feels really comfortable in Lazor's offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's funny how if we lose the stats don't matter but when we win the stats matter  Cool

POINT
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He might be our best offseason hire tbh.

We killed it on the offensive side of the ball...
Reply/Quote
I got nothing. Been a homer since he got here.
[Image: 14dallas.1.190.jpg]

Love everything about the guy on and off the field.

That doesn't mean he hasn't tested my patience a few times.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 03:24 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I got nothing. Been a homer since he got here.
[Image: 14dallas.1.190.jpg]

Love everything about the guy on and off the field.

That doesn't mean he hasn't tested my patience a few times.
That is so true!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Quick question for you.

1. Since thie is a Bengal messaage board can we discuss Boyds good game without talking about Julio being better?

2. And why stop at Ryan?  Why not list every QB who had a better game than Dalton every time someone says something good about Dalton?  I think yoiu are slipping a little Bfine.

WHAT!?!?!?! Fredtoast didn't answer a question provided simply asked some more. Color me shocked.

But to answer yours because I am polite like that:

1. Yes we can. I also feel we can compare him to other players on the same field; apparently you do not.

2. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...because we were playing against him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Stats..Schmats! I'll take a win. Both QBs played very good

I'm sure everyone on this message board will
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Another thing with Andy is that he missed very few games.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote