Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy just showed that he wasn’t the problem
(10-12-2020, 01:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: That last part is scary for them I guess....lol.

I get the Jerry Jones bit....and yeah, it's kind of similar for sure. However, they are regulars in the playoffs, and actually win a few. Mike Brown has never won a playoff game, and only been to 7 since he took over 30 years ago. Only the Lions are as bad as us....and the new shit stains from Cleveland.

At least Cleveland knows how important an Oline is. I was standing on rooftops screaming for Jack Conklin whenever i could at the end of last year. He's back to his pro bowl form. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Philly is really weird. Tied the Bengals in a low scoring game, beat the 49ers (lots of injuries, i know) and kept it close in a high scoring game at Pitt. 

Indeed, and I'm admittedly going off precedence....but Dallas just seems to always have their number.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At least Cleveland knows how important an Oline is. I was standing on rooftops screaming for Jack Conklin whenever i could at the end of last year. He's back to his pro bowl form. 

Yeah, their owner finally got the **** out of the way, hired some competent football people, and lo and behold.

I don't think a lot of casual fans and these Johnny Come Lately ***** understand just how stupid our FO is when it comes to paying for linemen. I mean we've got an idiot in there stumping for Bobby Hart, Son of Paul talking about "we don't value the guard position that much", and any time we've had good lines under his watch...they let it deteriorate without replacing pieces with equal or better talent. They're ***** morons. No matter how complicated and exotic the game gets, there's still one simple rule: you gotta ***** block people.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: That last part is scary for them I guess....lol.

I get the Jerry Jones bit....and yeah, it's kind of similar for sure. However, they are regulars in the playoffs, and actually win a few. Mike Brown has never won a playoff game, and only been to 7 since he took over 30 years ago. Only the Lions are as bad as us....and the new shit stains from Cleveland.

[Image: Capture.png]
They're pretty similar to some of the ~400 playoff teams, actually. They probably don't count because they are expansion teams but they actually have made it farther than the Jags and Texans. They have more appearances in the SB than the Chargers for example.
I think the Bengals would get more respect if they played in a larger market and didn't have things happen when they're in the national spotlight.

Interestingly, in the regular season we are almost identical to the Jets, not that's a good thing but it's just a thought. Maybe we should have protests to get ZT fired too. The only difference is they have a ring.

This kind of stuff also goes to show you that you can't always trust historical success, considering that many very successful teams have been terrible since the turn of the century. Pretty much only the Steelers, Pats and Packers have stayed good. 
I'm hoping Burrow will be this team's Brees and make us respectable again. Maybe Pep Guardiola if we're really lucky.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At least Cleveland knows how important an Oline is. I was standing on rooftops screaming for Jack Conklin whenever i could at the end of last year. He's back to his pro bowl form. 

Bill Callahan was a great hire, too. Ofc the one time nepotism could have actually helped us we didn’t do it...

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:57 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: [Image: Capture.png]
They're pretty similar to some of the ~400 playoff teams, actually. They probably don't count because they are expansion teams but they actually have made it farther than the Jags and Texans. They have more appearances in the SB than the Chargers for example.
I think the Bengals would get more respect if they played in a larger market and didn't have things happen when they're in the national spotlight.

Interestingly, in the regular season we are almost identical to the Jets, not that's a good thing but it's just a thought. Maybe we should have protests to get ZT fired too. The only difference is they have a ring.

This kind of stuff also goes to show you that you can't always trust historical success, considering that many very successful teams have been terrible since the turn of the century. Pretty much only the Steelers, Pats and Packers have stayed good. 
I'm hoping Burrow will be this team's Brees and make us respectable again. Maybe Pep Guardiola if we're really lucky.

Yeah, the numbers improved while Marvin was here. This WAS a good, up and coming organization until Paul Brown died. I was around for both Super Bowls. The first thing his dumbass son did when he took over? Fire the last coach to win a playoff game, as well as the last coach to take us to a Super Bowl. You know, the guy who invented the no huddle offense as a base offense. Brilliant I tell ya. Take a look at Mike Brown's numbers before Marvin came. If not for the 0-16 Lions....the Bengals under Mike Brown would still hold the record for the worst decade in all of professional sports....not just football. The Brownies may have surpassed us both with the Hue Jackson fiasco, I'm not sure. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:57 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: [Image: Capture.png]

Also, peep that Dallas win percentage....dare I say the best in NFL history?

Reply/Quote
I genuinely can't tell if they are being serious
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/andy-dalton-era-begins-merged.465920/
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:33 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Remember the ZERO passer rating on Thursday night football against the Browns?

Jesus, it's like some of you guys have downs. You can't just cherry pick a stat or game from 5 seasons ago and stand on it as if it's some sort of norm.

You just did.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: It’s amazing what having protection will do. Andy just had a clutch drive to win it for the Cowboys. Man I miss Andy.....

I was rooting for Dalton Sunday.   I think it is killing many on here as your thread is turning into a Cleveland Browns thread.  They are choking on the words, " Dalton Won and Looked Good ".  I'm Happy for Dalton.  All he needed was a chance with another team.  WAY TO GO ANDY. 

Meanwhile,  our Cincy O Line doesn't block for Burrow either. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: It’s amazing what having protection will do. Andy just had a clutch drive to win it for the Cowboys. Man I miss Andy.....

I'll just let this speak for itself.  "Man I miss Andy..."  ?   Hilarious   You were a big Dalton supporter while he was here, weren't you?   Whatever
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Cowboys fans talking SB with Andy with one drive.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I’m rooting for Andy to succeed, but even seeing him complete those 2 big passes didn’t make me wish he was still on the team and it’s because of leadership style. Dalton seems like a great encourager and a great teammate, but I’m not sure he is the same leader that Joe Burrow is. Hopefully Dalton gets his Super Bowl this year so I don’t feel as bad when Burrow gets an actual NFL offensive line and starts winning some of his own.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 08:18 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Cowboys fans talking SB with Andy with one drive.  Hilarious

They might wanna pump the brakes there a tad....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: That was 2012, right? It's like some don't realize progression and improvement...like they have downs or something.

Chronological order is a thing.....

It was 2014. If Burrow in season 4 is bad, I'll call it what it is. But the 2014 Bengals were wildly more talented on the Oline and at WR than the week 5 2020 Bengals. So, Joey B isn't going to get hammered by me for having a tough outing. Especially after it followed 4 good ones.

(10-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ah, cherry picking I see. 

Ignore the times he started to play well from 2015 onward, let's reference the 2014 2.0 qb rating game. 

The sunday night game against arizona in 2015 does not matter

because he put up a 2.0 in 2014

You're hyping up the performance of a 5th year vet on one of the top 3 talented rosters in football while putting down a 5th GAME guy with a horridrrid oline, 2 good WRs, and against a top 3 team in the NFL.

Andy's 2014 performance was in prime time against the Browns (7-9).

I'm not cherry picking. I'm taking a dump on your idiotic comparison. You know what kind of people compare idiotic things that aren't fit to compare?..... IDIOTS.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:22 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It was 2014. If Burrow in season 4 is bad, I'll call it what it is. But the 2014 Bengals were wildly more talented on the Oline and at WR than the week 5 2020 Bengals. So, Joey B isn't going to get hammered by me for having a tough outing. Especially after it followed 4 good ones.

You're hyping up the performance of a 5th year vet on one of the top 3 talented rosters in football while putting down a 5th GAME guy with a horridrrid oline, 2 good WRs, and against a top 3 team in the NFL.

Andy's 2014 performance was in prime time against the Browns (7-9).

I'm not cherry picking. I'm taking a dump on your idiotic comparison. You know what kind of people compare idiotic things that aren't fit to compare?..... IDIOTS.
I never put down Burrow. I love Burrow. 

You're the guy who's conveniently ignoring the good Dalton did to bring up the bad, and only the bad.

The Browns were 7-4 in 2014 before they made the switch to Manziel. They were a good team with Hoyer at the helm.

convenient how you leave that out
Reply/Quote
This thread is ridiculous. Comparing Dalton to Burrow is just stupid. Especially now. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This thread is ridiculous. Comparing Dalton to Burrow is just stupid. Especially now. This is absolutely ridiculous.

That’s exactly right. As of 10/12/20 Andy Dalton is better. Period. Why? He’s a veteran who has seen every team in the league at least three times in his career. That’s a YUGE advantage. Let’s compare them in five years and you’ll see Joe Burrow will have accomplished more, much more. His upside is far greater.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s exactly right.  As of 10/12/20 Andy Dalton is better.  Period.  Why?  He’s a veteran who has seen every team in the league at least three times in his career.  That’s a YUGE advantage.  Let’s compare them in five years and you’ll see Joe Burrow will have accomplished more, much more.  His upside is far greater.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 08:18 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Cowboys fans talking SB with Andy with one drive.  Hilarious

It's amazing what a QB can do with a good line in front of him.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote