Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anonymous AFC Personnel Director is not impressed with Burrow
https://www.nfl.com/news/the-first-read-week-18-how-antonio-brown-s-meltdown-has-sealed-bucs-fate-joe-bur

Quote:SCOUT'S READ
One question answered by an unnamed front office source.

Is Joe Burrow one of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL?
AFC PERSONNEL DIRECTOR: "He's a good player, but he's not special by any stretch yet. He makes smart decisions and has that subtle pocket mobility to stay alive in a conflict pocket and make accurate throws. I definitely think he hides their offensive line's weaknesses. Their scheme is really quarterback-friendly and he thrives in it, but it's clear that he's a notch below that first tier at the position. He's not in the same class as (Patrick) Mahomes, (Tom) Brady or (Aaron) Rodgers. People also are exaggerating his learning curve. He was older coming into the league than some of the other young quarterbacks. He's two years older than (the Chargers') Justin Herbert. He's actually the same age as (Buffalo's) Josh Allen (25) and he's played two less seasons. I get the hype around him because he's made Cincinnati into a playoff team. But I think a lot of people look at how good he is in Year 2 and then extrapolate that out to the point that he's going to be a Hall of Famer. I think he's already closer to his ceiling than people realize. What sets him apart is that he's got that dog in him. So he'll keep finding ways to improve."

Normally, when you give a take this ice cold, you're only doing it for the rage clicks, but this personnel director did it while remaining unnamed so what is his reason for being such a dumbass in this quote?

Can someone tweet this article to Joe? I'm sure he'd love to hear about how he's not special by any stretch.
Reply/Quote
Is the unnamed source Bart Scott? Geez...

Btw, Bart" I'm the real Star" Scott apparently has doubled down and is going off on Joey B. again tonight on social media according to some reports. Seriously, how does that ass clown have a job???
Reply/Quote
Who asked Brett Veach for his opinion anyway?  Ninja

It's kind of funny that right after the 'Burrow's OK, but he ain't all that' section, is the MVP Watch with Burrow 4th. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:32 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Is the unnamed source Bart Scott?  Geez...

Btw,  Bart" I'm the real Star" Scott apparently has doubled down and is going off on Joey B. again tonight on social media according to some reports. Seriously, how does that ass clown have a job???

Mark Schlereth has been going at it with Bengals fans the past couple days on Twitter and it's gotten pretty embarrassing. 
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/WBA-01wn_fk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:11 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mark Schlereth has been going at it with Bengals fans the past couple days on Twitter and it's gotten pretty embarrassing. 

Worse than Bert's epic meltdown?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It had credibility until right after the Rodgers/Mahommes/Brady comparison. That was a legit "criticism".

The other stuff? Age shouldn't matter as much as time in the league. I mean.....Chris Weinke was a 27 year old rookie. Remember that one dude in Cleveland? From Okla St? Being older didn't help them at all, and Weinke was a Heisman winner.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I bet it was the Raven's personnel director.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Our success has brought a lot of silent haters out of the woodwork. I’m not sure why it pains some others so much that we are playing well?

Reply/Quote
I can sit here and tell you the sky is green but that doesn't make it true.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Our success has brought a lot of silent haters out of the woodwork. I’m not sure why it pains some others so much that we are playing well?

[Image: 724c6aea-57bc-4d21-b27d-c9937b80a94e_text.gif]

But it sure as hell does hurt when a ton of them fall on you.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/the-first-read-week-18-how-antonio-brown-s-meltdown-has-sealed-bucs-fate-joe-bur

Normally, when you give a take this ice cold, you're only doing it for the rage clicks, but this personnel director did it while remaining unnamed so what is his reason for being such a dumbass in this quote?

Can someone tweet this article to Joe? I'm sure he'd love to hear about how he's not special by any stretch.

That dumass is evaluating arm strength only or its a trash website tryna generate clicks.

If its just a matter of system and joe really ain't shit... then why on earth don't everyone just install this magic "qb friendly" system??

If a 2nd tier qb can throw for the second most yards in 2 consecutive games in history, why wouldn't everyone run that system?
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:58 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I bet it was the Raven's personnel director.

That profile pic is pretty ****** up…

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:16 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: That dumass is evaluating arm strength only or its a trash website tryna generate clicks.

If its just a matter of system and joe really ain't shit... then why on earth don't everyone just install this magic "qb friendly" system??

If a 2nd tier qb can throw for the second most yards in 2 consecutive games in history, why wouldn't everyone run that system?

Having turnstiles for an O-Line ain't exactly 'QB friendly'.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That profile pic is pretty ****** up…

Aw man, I shot marvin in the face.  
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:24 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Aw man, I shot marvin in the face.  

Look at it closer…

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:11 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mark Schlereth has been going at it with Bengals fans the past couple days on Twitter and it's gotten pretty embarrassing. 

A whole lot of nobody’s are having a real hard time with the Bengals being legit.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 06:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: It had credibility until right after the Rodgers/Mahommes/Brady comparison. That was a legit "criticism".

The other stuff? Age shouldn't matter as much as time in the league. I mean.....Chris Weinke was a 27 year old rookie. Remember that one dude in Cleveland? From Okla St? Being older didn't help them at all, and Weinke was a Heisman winner.

Hell, didn't Kurt Warner not really show off how good he was until he came BACK to the NFL in his 30s?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/the-first-read-week-18-how-antonio-brown-s-meltdown-has-sealed-bucs-fate-joe-bur

because someone has a different opinion than you or the popular opinion doesnt mean they are a dumbass just have a different opinion
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: because someone has a different opinion than you or the popular opinion doesnt mean they are a dumbass just have a different opinion

Personally, I don't think they're a dumbass because they're opinion is different. I think they're a dumbass because they're opinion is stupid.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote