Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Abortion Argument
(05-25-2016, 04:27 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yes I agree that there should be a limit as to how late the procedure could be performed.  However the decision should be made by the woman and her doctor.

But the limit isn't just with her doctor.  You have to have specific reasons to obtain a legal 3rd trimester abortion.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-24-2016, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlin was a comedic genius; however, it stopped there. I like when folks trot him out as some wise political ananlyst.

Would that would be like having a comedian on a show to make a political point?
[Image: 103186a.jpg]

Or like posting videos from a comedian to "prove" how dumb liberals are?
[Image: stevencrowder-fnc-300x155.jpg]

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Men-and-woman-are-not-equal?pid=218886#pid218886
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Left-At-It-Again?pid=191956#pid191956
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bernie-supporter-left-stranded?pid=215970#pid215970
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-quintessential-Bernie-Sanders-voter?pid=121510#pid121510
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Why-would-anyone-would-stand-up?pid=182558#pid182558
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Push-to-Stunt-children-s-growth-in-the-name-of-climate-change?pid=79791#pid79791
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Progressive-media-trying-to-normalize-pedophilia?pid=78480#pid78480

Or is that you just disagreed with the points Carlin made?

Sometimes it is hard to tell ones motivations around here.

Carlin was smarter than 90% of the people I know when it came to articulating human nature and politics and religion and the way we act to and around each other.  And I still don't agree with him 100% of the time.

However I found it funny that a few would be dismissive of his statements because he was a "comedian".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-26-2016, 07:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Would that would be like having a comedian on a show to make a political point?
[Image: 103186a.jpg]

Or like posting videos from a comedian to "prove" how dumb liberals are?
[Image: stevencrowder-fnc-300x155.jpg]

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Men-and-woman-are-not-equal?pid=218886#pid218886
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Left-At-It-Again?pid=191956#pid191956
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bernie-supporter-left-stranded?pid=215970#pid215970
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-quintessential-Bernie-Sanders-voter?pid=121510#pid121510
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Why-would-anyone-would-stand-up?pid=182558#pid182558
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Push-to-Stunt-children-s-growth-in-the-name-of-climate-change?pid=79791#pid79791
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Progressive-media-trying-to-normalize-pedophilia?pid=78480#pid78480

Or is that you just disagreed with the points Carlin made?

Sometimes it is hard to tell ones motivations around here.

Carlin was smarter than 90% of the people I know when it came to articulating human nature and politics and religion and the way we act to and around each other.  And I still don't agree with him 100% of the time.

However I found it funny that a few would be dismissive of his statements because he was a "comedian".

Correct.  We don't consider a comedians routine to be proof of your point.  He was a liberal with a liberal take on things.  He says what any liberal would say, just in a funny way.  There is nothing unique in his thoughts, just in how he presents them.  In this instance,  he spends is time supporting abortion by knocking those who oppose it.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-26-2016, 09:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Correct.  We don't consider a comedians routine to be proof of your point.  He was a liberal with a liberal take on things.  He says what any liberal would say, just in a funny way.  There is nothing unique in his thoughts, just in how he presents them.  In this instance,  he spends is time supporting abortion by knocking those who oppose it.  

Apparently you never heard him talk about global warming.   Smirk

But I get what the thought was.  I just disagree in that he says it better than most people do.
(05-26-2016, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Apparently you never heard him talk about global warming.   Smirk

But I get what the thought was.  I just disagree in that he says it better than most people do.

Yes it's his presentation, but there was really nothing that he said that hasn't been said on these boards a thousand times.  What makes a comic a comic is their ability to take everyday things and present them in a funny way.  Talking about how conservatives love you in the womb, but once you are born, f*** you.  Not exactly a new one.

(05-26-2016, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes it's his presentation, but there was really nothing that he said that hasn't been said on these boards a thousand times.  What makes a comic a comic is their ability to take everyday things and present them in a funny way.  Talking about how conservatives love you in the womb, but once you are born, f*** you.  Not exactly a new one.

But still the truth.   Whatever
(05-26-2016, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Talking about how conservatives love you in the womb, but once you are born, f*** you.  Not exactly a new one.

Hmm, I have low expectations of people but I'd imagine if you matter of factly presented this to a lot of pro-life conservatives they would act rather surprised.  Or maybe they'd laugh and say "Yeah, that's TOTALLY us!"  
(05-26-2016, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I have low expectations of people but I'd imagine if you matter of factly presented this to a lot of pro-life conservatives they would act rather surprised.  Or maybe they'd laugh and say "Yeah, that's TOTALLY us!"  

No we would say you have a complete misunderstanding, but the accusation is 50 years old.

(05-26-2016, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I have low expectations of people but I'd imagine if you matter of factly presented this to a lot of pro-life conservatives they would act rather surprised.  Or maybe they'd laugh and say "Yeah, that's TOTALLY us!"  

(05-26-2016, 12:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No we would say you have a complete misunderstanding, but the accusation is 50 years old.

Only until you tell them that it will require money to help.

Then their heads explode.
(05-26-2016, 12:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only until you tell them that it will require money to help.

Then their heads explode.

As I said.  They misunderstand.  But I really don't want to get into it.  I was just commenting on when Carlin is posted as if he has some incredible insight.  He doesn't say anything every other liberal doesn't say.  

(05-26-2016, 12:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No we would say you have a complete misunderstanding, but the accusation is 50 years old.

Complete misunderstanding?  You mean I'm not even close to being right about it?  Ouch.
(05-25-2016, 04:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But the limit isn't just with her doctor.  You have to have specific reasons to obtain a legal 3rd trimester abortion.  

I agree when it comes to abortion earlier is better. 
(05-26-2016, 12:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Complete misunderstanding?  You mean I'm not even close to being right about it?  Ouch.

Complete and total. Tongue

(05-26-2016, 12:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Complete and total. Tongue

I just assumed when conservatives look at abortion and/or Chicago gun homicide numbers the reason they want the government to intervene is because they start assuming those statistics represent a lot more white people than they really do.  Ooooh, I'm such a cynic.

Oy, just THINK how huge those Trayvon Martin riots would have been had abortion been illegal for the past 20+ years.
(05-25-2016, 02:48 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah that is laughable

wonder what KKK chapter he belongs to

but hey, he enjoys his "non toxic clothing"

wears eggplants as shoes to be low-imapact, believes a pure bred german shepherds are superior.  what a tool.  obviously desperately looking for acceptance wherever he can find it.  these are the kinds of people the FBI needs to be watching closely.
(05-26-2016, 01:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: wears eggplants as shoes to be low-imapact, believes a pure bred german shepherds are superior.  what a tool.  obviously desperately looking for acceptance wherever he can find it.  these are the kinds of people the FBI needs to be watching closely.

We all know Rotties are superior.  Just  picked up my new pup.

(05-26-2016, 01:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: wears eggplants as shoes to be low-imapact, believes a pure bred german shepherds are superior.  what a tool.  obviously desperately looking for acceptance wherever he can find it.  these are the kinds of people the FBI needs to be watching closely.

i didnt know the crazy wore eggplants? that so doesnt match his tin foil hat
People suck
(05-26-2016, 02:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We all know Rotties are superior.  Just  picked up my new pup.

nice.  have a blind 10 yr GSD sitting next to me. 
(05-25-2016, 04:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree less abortions would be a good thing.  Better yet, the less unwanted pregnancies the better. 

Agreed.

(05-25-2016, 04:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I respect your position, it is (at least some of) the reasoning behind your position which I have trouble accepting because to me it is illogical.  Although I don't mean you personally, it's more of a doctrinal issue and you're not in charge of doctrine.  I have a problem reconciling the belief that abortion is bad because it is killing, yet at the same time killing by U.S. soldiers in Iraq is acceptable because "they" were our enemy even though the reason they were are enemy was a complete fabrication.  I don't get that.  Although not all Christians subscribe to that doctrine.

I try to not to speak for Christians as a whole unless we're talking about dogma or doctrine accepted across the majority of Christianity (e.g. Jesus being the son of God), however there's a difference between killing in defense of other people and killing in the name of convenience. So, soldiers killing enemy soldiers would not automatically be "wrong", but there are times when soldiers killing enemy soldiers would be (namely when it is OUR leaders that start a war that is not about defending people or nations).

There's more rationale than that, obviously, but I just wanted to let others know that killing enemies in the name of defense is NOT necessarily against God.

(05-25-2016, 04:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So because there are about as many different religious beliefs as there are people with religious beliefs, I think the abortion decision is best left to the individual along with their conscience, their religious beliefs, and their family instead of my conscience and beliefs.  I think the Supreme Court's decision with Roe vs. Wade balances the rights of the women vs. the rights of the fetus.

I disagree because namely Roe v Wade is based on a lie. But aside from that, I think that abortion should not even be a decision; you're ending a life and that's not something that any single person should get to choose to do that, IMO.
(05-27-2016, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed.

I try to not to speak for Christians as a whole unless we're talking about dogma or doctrine accepted across the majority of Christianity (e.g. Jesus being the son of God), however there's a difference between killing in defense of other people and killing in the name of convenience. So, soldiers killing enemy soldiers would not automatically be "wrong", but there are times when soldiers killing enemy soldiers would be (namely when it is OUR leaders that start a war that is not about defending people or nations).

There's more rationale than that, obviously, but I just wanted to let others know that killing enemies in the name of defense is NOT necessarily against God.

Yet, even that is debated among the various Christian denominations.

Quote:I disagree because namely Roe v Wade is based on a lie.

Which is?

Quote:But aside from that, I think that abortion should not even be a decision; you're ending a life and that's not something that any single person should get to choose to do that, IMO.

Yet, that is exactly what we were doing in Iraq.

Irony is watching grown Christian men pray to God to watch over them before a combat mission to kill Muslim insurgents who are praying to the same God of Abraham for the same thing. F'n surreal.