Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Abortion Argument
(05-21-2016, 08:07 PM)GMDino Wrote:

George Carlin said it. It must be valid. He does realize the chicken eggs we eat aren't fertilized right?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-24-2016, 11:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: George Carlin said it.  It must be valid.  He does realize the chicken eggs we eat aren't fertilized right?

But other than that, spot on?   Tongue
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(05-24-2016, 11:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: George Carlin said it. It must be valid. He does realize the chicken eggs we eat aren't fertilized right?

Carlin was a comedic genius; however, it stopped there. I like when folks trot him out as some wise political ananlyst.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-24-2016, 11:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You are thinking "Sovereign Nation".

If you guys think his posts here were bad, read his twitter feed. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-24-2016, 06:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you guys think his posts here were bad, read his twitter feed. 

i need a link
People suck
(05-24-2016, 06:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you guys think his posts here were bad, read his twitter feed. 

I think that is reason #127 that I am happy I do not have Twitter.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-25-2016, 10:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think that is reason #127 that I am happy I do not have Twitter.

I like it. I can keep up with things at my university and my profession, plus pick up news here and in Germany, and just find some funny people.

I always have my twitter feed up at work, but it helps that I manage my department's social media, so I have an excuse. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-25-2016, 10:07 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like it. I can keep up with things at my university and my profession, plus pick up news here and in Germany, and just find some funny people.

I always have my twitter feed up at work, but it helps that I manage my department's social media, so I have an excuse. LOL

I like it for interacting during games and certain shows.  Otherwise I don't look at it much.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-25-2016, 10:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: I like it for interacting during games and certain shows.  Otherwise I don't look at it much.

yeah, following live tweets for shows is fun, especially if the actors are into it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-25-2016, 10:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: yeah, following live tweets for shows is fun, especially if the actors are into it.

I'm not saying there aren't good aspects, but it just seems from the outside to be a cesspool.  

(05-25-2016, 10:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: yeah, following live tweets for shows is fun, especially if the actors are into it.

Yes!

(05-25-2016, 10:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not saying there aren't good aspects, but it just seems from the outside to be a cesspool.  

It is no worse than a message board.  Except it can fill up faster.

For example I follow a NFL ref blog.  We had had a discussion on the webpage about a certain call.  I saw the same play NOT get called a week later and shared a video clip via twitter to prove my point.

123524234214 Cam Newton fans attacked me for posting it because I must be racist or a "hater".

It had nothing to do with him...just the play.  But group think takes over pretty quick on twitter.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-25-2016, 10:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yes!

It is no worse than a message board.  Except it can fill up faster.

For example I follow a NFL ref blog.  We had had a discussion on the webpage about a certain call.  I saw the same play NOT get called a week later and shared a video clip via twitter to prove my point.

123524234214 Cam Newton fans attacked me for posting it because I must be racist or a "hater".

It had nothing to do with him...just the play.  But group think takes over pretty quick on twitter.

Yeah, because I use my real name on Twitter my posting habits are tame in comparison to many. Via my Twitter you could easily find me at my place of employment, which doesn't bother me, but it means that I am more careful than I would be otherwise about accounts I follow and what I post. I do keep a private list of accounts that I like but may not want to publicize following, though.

(05-25-2016, 08:48 AM)Griever Wrote: i need a link

PM sent. He held back A LOT on his views here. The anti biracial video that uses dogs to explain why whites and blacks shouldn't have kids together should be a clear indicator of his views. 

Mods, not personally attacking, just discussing views, if this isn't allowed please delete. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

The real tragedy involved in abortion is the guilt the mother may feel from having an abortion.  In order to do away with that problem I think the government should just make it mandatory that all handicapped fetuses will automatically be aborted.  Also make "proof of support" required to have a baby.  Any expecting mother who could not show proof that she would have some way to financially support the child would be required by law to have an abortion.

This law would eliminate all the needless pain now involved with getting an abortion.
(05-25-2016, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The real tragedy involved in abortion is the guilt the mother may feel from having an abortion.  In order to do away with that problem I think the government should just make it mandatory that all handicapped fetuses will automatically be aborted. 

Or, you know, just make abortions illegal. No abortion = no guilt from having an abortion.
(05-25-2016, 11:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Or, you know, just make abortions illegal. No abortion = no guilt from having an abortion.

But still lots of guilt and hardship over bringing unwanted children into the world.
(05-25-2016, 11:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Or, you know, just make abortions illegal. No abortion = no guilt from having an abortion.

You're making the illogical leap that making abortion illegal means no abortions.

(05-25-2016, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The real tragedy involved in abortion is the guilt the mother may feel from having an abortion.  In order to do away with that problem I think the government should just make it mandatory that all handicapped fetuses will automatically be aborted.  Also make "proof of support" required to have a baby.  Any expecting mother who could not show proof that she would have some way to financially support the child would be required by law to have an abortion.

This law would eliminate all the needless pain now involved with getting an abortion.

Why not....
Might as well toss this in the smoldering hand-basket, too.
(05-25-2016, 12:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're making the illogical leap that making abortion illegal means no abortions.

But it would minimize them. And less abortions is a good thing.
(05-25-2016, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But still lots of guilt and hardship over bringing unwanted children into the world.

You know, you're right. While we're at it, let's go out and kill all homeless people and felons.  If we're going to kill people in the name of guilt, hardship, convenience or whathave you, might as well make society a better place while we're at it, no? Whatever