Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Abortion Argument
(05-22-2016, 02:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, you're right.  Hey, lucky for you the unwanted miracle who grew up to be a murdering rapist was aborted before he could rape and/or kill your wife/daughter/sister/you whatever.

My dismissive nature of abortion in this case is due to the pointless, one-sided, and amazingly pointless (even for an internet message board) nature of this entire thread.  But by all means, let's not muck with your little narrative.

The same people who are pro-life are the ones who want entire segments of our population to either be ushered out of the country, incarcerated, or killed.  I have actual pro and con arguments and feelings about abortion but I didn't see the point in rehashing the same old arguments against the same old people who make their own same old arguments in a thread created by one of the most biased people here using a meme that is pointless and biased.

There is a possibility the abortion of an unseemly character benefited your life in ways you'll never know, and I don't mean "the next Hitler" either.  Abortion isn't "funny" but I have to admit the endless argument is funny in a bitter and sad sort of way.

From my perspective it's pretty weird how some here romanticize the situation.   Like its some crusade for women.   The way women are affected afterwards is what should be troubling people.   
(05-22-2016, 02:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, you're right.  Hey, lucky for you the unwanted miracle who grew up to be a murdering rapist was aborted before he could rape and/or kill your wife/daughter/sister/you whatever.

My dismissive nature of abortion in this case is due to the pointless, one-sided, and amazingly pointless (even for an internet message board) nature of this entire thread.  But by all means, let's not muck with your little narrative.

The same people who are pro-life are the ones who want entire segments of our population to either be ushered out of the country, incarcerated, or killed.  I have actual pro and con arguments and feelings about abortion but I didn't see the point in rehashing the same old arguments against the same old people who make their own same old arguments in a thread created by one of the most biased people here using a meme that is pointless and biased.

There is a possibility the abortion of an unseemly character benefited your life in ways you'll never know, and I don't mean "the next Hitler" either.  Abortion isn't "funny" but I have to admit the endless argument is funny in a bitter and sad sort of way.

I posted this today on my FaceBook site:

[Image: 12705490_1081218705253858_50744243439379...e=57DD42C9]

I was immediately "accosted" with posts from a couple of pro-life friends of friends (trolling their friends pages looking for arguments, I gather). I was told that this was "false argument by democrats who want to justify murder".

I must have been bored, because I entertained their attempted arguments to support their claim, none of which made any sense. I'm pretty certain 'Sister' Chittiser is not pro-abortion. And I fail to see anywhere on here where abortion is even mentioned or referred to. Nor is it a sweeping indictment against everyone in the Pro-Life world, shaming them for all for their attitudes.

But that made little difference to these two. Their need to view something as threatening to their beliefs superseded the necessity for having any logic behind their argument. And that is par for the course with some people.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-22-2016, 07:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: From my perspective it's pretty weird how some here romanticize the situation.   Like its some crusade for women.   The way women are affected afterwards is what should be troubling people.   

And some romanticize the fight against all sorts of things as the defense of women.  Desegregation, interracial marriage, not having a giant wall along the border, transgender bathroom laws...etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-22-2016, 11:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And some romanticize the fight against all sorts of things as the defense of women.  Desegregation, interracial marriage, not having a giant wall along the border, transgender bathroom laws...etc.

Its funny you bring up desegregation and the bathroom stuff.   I have a great article on that connection.    Will post it tomorrow.    

As for the rest ..... Not sure who is anti interracial marriage except for the government and democrsts who forced us all to get our marriages ok'd by the government.   
(05-22-2016, 11:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: As for the rest ..... Not sure who is anti interracial marriage except for the government and democrsts who forced us all to get our marriages ok'd by the government.   

I suppose this could be photoshopped, but this seems to be like something we've been over before.  It seems like the "protect traditional marriage people" were always fighting something.  Also, didn't you admit that you don't want black people in your neighborhood?  I thought one of the main reasons people said they didn't want black people around was because it would put white women in danger. That was my point.

I also find it hard to believe that Democrats are single-handedly making people get married.

[Image: latest?cb=20100718153514]
(05-22-2016, 11:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I suppose this could be photoshopped, but this seems to be like something we've been over before.  It seems like the "protect traditional marriage people" were always fighting something.  Also, didn't you admit that you don't want black people in your neighborhood?  I thought one of the main reasons people said they didn't want black people around was because it would put white women in danger.  That was my point.

I also find it hard to believe that Democrats are single-handedly making people get married.

[Image: latest?cb=20100718153514]

Lol when did I not want black people around?   

Dems pushed for it and They are forcing us to register with the government.    
(05-23-2016, 12:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol when did I not want black people around?   

Dems pushed for it and They are forcing us to register with the government.    

I thought you were the one who said something fairly casual about not wanting blacks in your neighborhood, but I could be wrong.  And I'll believe Republicans don't want us to have governmentally-sanctioned marriage when one mentions that during the debates.
(05-23-2016, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought you were the one who said something fairly casual about not wanting blacks in your neighborhood, but I could be wrong.  And I'll believe Republicans don't want us to have governmentally-sanctioned marriage when one mentions that during the debates.

I wasn't.   

And here you go.    Start believing 

(05-23-2016, 12:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wasn't.   

And here you go.    Start believing 

Ron and to a lesser extent Rand Paul are pseudo Libertarians who use the R next to their name to get elected.  If Republicans actually wanted to do away with governmental marriage Rand wouldn't have lost the nomination to the biggest joke of candidates I've ever seen the republican party trot out there.

You may as well post a clip of Ron Paul following 9/11 and say Republicans totally didn't want to invade Iraq!
(05-23-2016, 12:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ron and to a lesser extent Rand Paul are pseudo Libertarians who use the R next to their name to get elected.  If Republicans actually wanted to do away with governmental marriage Rand wouldn't have lost the nomination to the biggest joke of candidates I've ever seen the republican party trot out there.

You may as well post a clip of Ron Paul following 9/11 and say Republicans totally didn't want to invade Iraq!

You asked for a republican.  All I ever heard was that rand was too republican.   
(05-23-2016, 12:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You asked for a republican.  All I ever heard was that rand was too republican.   

I will admit that you did provide a Republican mentioning it in a debate, but I think one pseudo-Republican who lost big within his own party saying he wants something is pretty flimsy evidence to declare that the democrats are the ones keeping the status quo.
(05-23-2016, 12:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I will admit that you did provide a Republican mentioning it in a debate, but I think one pseudo-Republican who lost big within his own party saying he wants something is pretty flimsy evidence to declare that the democrats are the ones keeping the status quo.

The group responsible for authoring the marriage act had such notables a part of it as Woodrow wilson.   

We don't need marriage licenses.   For some reason everyone is scared what will happen once the government stops giving us permission to marry.  
(05-23-2016, 12:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ron and to a lesser extent Rand Paul are pseudo Libertarians who use the R next to their name to get elected.  If Republicans actually wanted to do away with governmental marriage Rand wouldn't have lost the nomination to the biggest joke of candidates I've ever seen the republican party trot out there.

Rand talks a big game and then he goes and supports government bans on marriages between same sex couples and uses the slippery slope argument to defend those bans.

Not sure how more government telling us who to marry is libertarian. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-23-2016, 01:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rand talks a big game and then he goes and supports government bans on marriages between same sex couples and uses the slippery slope argument to defend those bans.

Not sure how more government telling us who to marry is libertarian. 

Rand is a sell-out, that's all.  He is a lousy republican and an even worse libertarian.  I'm just saying dissolving government sanction of marriage doesn't seem like a very popular notion with republicans, but I could be wrong.  I had no idea Republicans wanted to get rid of marriage but democrats were forcing it on us.  
(05-21-2016, 06:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Never heard it debated like this, which is weird because it's a simple concept:

Kind of funny that the "hero" of the meme is a t.v. character who is a buffoon. But then, not surprising: I once met two die-hard Christian Republicans who told me about their favorite news commentator: Stephen Colbert. They just loved that clean cut, insightful young man. They had no idea the Colbert Report was satire and never got a single one of its jokes.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(05-22-2016, 01:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I keep waiting for fathers to be responsible in the first place and reproduce with women who share their values.  Pretty simple. But I guess placing all abortions squarely on the shoulders of faceless women is much easier for christian males who are taught women are their lesser in that good good book. 

whats the trade in value for a used woman in relations to cattle?
People suck
(05-23-2016, 08:36 AM)xxlt Wrote: Kind of funny that the "hero" of the meme is a t.v. character who is a buffoon. But then, not surprising: I once met two die-hard Christian Republicans who told me about their favorite news commentator: Stephen Colbert. They just loved that clean cut, insightful young man. They had no idea the Colbert Report was satire and never got a single one of its jokes.

Didn't Grampa Simpson once say something like "I like Stephen Colbert, but only because I don't get the joke."
Best Colbert role, ever......

[Image: pIVTS0F1LFI8I.jpg]
(05-23-2016, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought you were the one who said something fairly casual about not wanting blacks in your neighborhood, but I could be wrong.  And I'll believe Republicans don't want us to have governmentally-sanctioned marriage when one mentions that during the debates.

You are thinking "Sovereign Nation".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Those aren't all exactly comparable issues.  I could say the people who fight to save the lives of murderers are the same ones who fight to be able to slaughter unborn babies.

I could also ask why it's less and less a woman's body the further along she gets in pregnancy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall