Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Abortion Argument
(05-28-2016, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: If you are not a pregnant woman you cannot decide if a pregnant woman has an abortion.

No offense, Dino, but this is one of the stupidest arguments someone can make. That's like saying that only heroin addicts can decide if heroin should be legalized.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-31-2016, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No offense, Dino, but this is one of the stupidest arguments someone can make. That's like saying that only heroin addicts can decide if heroin should be legalized.

None taken.

Abortions are legal.  Abortions can only be performed on pregnant women.  A woman who is pregnant is the only one who can decide if she has an abortion or not.

Heroin is illegal.  Anyone can decide to use it or not.  That does not make it legal.

FWIW: If someone chooses to do heroin with the full knowledge of what they are doing that is a personal choice and on them.  
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-31-2016, 01:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: None taken.

Abortions are legal.  Abortions can only be performed on pregnant women.  A woman who is pregnant is the only one who can decide if she has an abortion or not.

Heroin is illegal.  Anyone can decide to use it or not.  That does not make it legal.

All true, but we're talking about whether something SHOULD be legal or not. And legal decisions are NOT decided solely by those with whom they will most affect, nor should they.
(05-31-2016, 12:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: True.

Is it? Did only one person make that decision?

How many fingers does it take to squeeze a trigger? One. The person who that trigger finger belongs to is ultimately responsible for whether they engage what is in their sight picture or not. That decision comes down to one person every single time.

Quote:At the end of the day, it's up to each individual to decide if they're doing the right thing AND to live with the decision(s) they've made.

I completely agree. That is my stance on the morality of combat and abortion and I apply the same standard to both.
(05-31-2016, 01:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: All true, but we're talking about whether something SHOULD be legal or not. And legal decisions are NOT decided solely by those with whom they will most affect, nor should they.

I can understand that end of the argument also.

However even if it were illegal the choice belongs with one person.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-31-2016, 12:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not quite. God has declared that EVERYONE can receive His mercy. It is up to US to take advantage of it.

Even that is debatable . . .

Romans 9:18 NIV

Quote:Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

If God decided to harden your heart against His word, Philhos, how could you take advantage of His mercy if He decided to not allow you to believe?