Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Browns QB down
RG3 went down week one, McCown goes down in week 2, Kessler to be yet another Browns starting QB. 3 starters in 3 weeks has to be a record right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Adam Schefter reported a few days ago that Kessler looks nowhere near ready to play in a game. Now he's about to start. I'm sure Suh can't wait to stomp on this guy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Adam Schefter reported a few days ago that Kessler looks nowhere near ready to play in a game. Now he's about to start. I'm sure Suh can't wait to stomp on this guy.

And then the Browns can give another QB a start lol that jersey just keeps getting longer and longer 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And then the Browns can give another QB a start lol that jersey just keeps getting longer and longer 

They retired that jersey.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And then the Browns can give another QB a start lol that jersey just keeps getting longer and longer 

Yes reminds me of the number years  of playoff losses the Bengals have long list there also. Shame there is no list of Bengals Championships.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: RG3 went down week one, McCown goes down in week 2, Kessler to be yet another Browns starting QB. 3 starters in 3 weeks has to be a record right?

1988: The Browns suffer through a rash of injuries to their Quarterbacks leading to four different starters during the season. However, the team proved most reliant and scratched and clawed their way to a 9-6 record going into the final game of the season against the Houston Oilers. The Browns would over come a 16-point 3rd Quarter defect to claim a 28-23 win, and finish with a 10-6 record, good enough to a host the Wild Card game against the same Oilers six days later.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:03 PM)Vambo Wrote: Yes reminds me of the number years  of playoff losses the Bengals have long list there also. Shame there is no list of Bengals Championships.

(09-19-2016, 11:11 PM)Vambo Wrote: 1988: The Browns suffer through a rash of injuries to their Quarterbacks leading to four different starters during the season. However, the team proved most reliant and scratched and clawed their way to a 9-6 record going into the final game of the season against the Houston Oilers. The Browns would over come a 16-point 3rd Quarter defect to claim a 28-23 win, and finish with a 10-6 record, good enough to a host the Wild Card game against the same Oilers six days later.

Distant memories are all you have.

So sad.

So pathetic and sad. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Distant memories are all you have.

So sad.

So pathetic and sad. Sad
At least I have them...pathetic and sad is not having any!

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:03 PM)Vambo Wrote: Yes reminds me of the number years  of playoff losses the Bengals have long list there also. Shame there is no list of Bengals Championships.

Ouch someone is sensitive about the Browns QB injuries lmao sorry I hit a nerve there, wasn't even trying to.

Don't worry someday the bengals may fall back down to the Browns level so they can actually compete with cincy. We all know they'll never win more than 5 games with that pathetic franchise that's never even been to a super bowl (yes that one was on purpose lol)

And to answer my own question about 3 starting QB's in 3 games, it isn't because the Browns are actually currently on a longer streak. Kessler will be the 5th different starting QB in the last 5 regular season games. That's impressive
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:26 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote:   franchise that's never even been to a super bowl (yes that one was on purpose lol)

The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the world.

The Browns went on to win three NFL championships, nearly dominating the NFL in the 1950s, and won one more NFL championship in 1964.

Overall, the team has won eight championships: four in the AAFC, and four in the NFL.

How many Championships or Super Bowls ( Hilarious ) have the Bengals won again?

(yes that one was on purpose lol)

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:46 PM)rfaulk3 Wrote: So sad.

So pathetic and sad. Sad

What exactly have the Bengals accomplished with a consistent coach and QB?  How did that work for you last year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before...?

So pathetic and sad ...?

So sad.

So pathetic and sad Hilarious

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:37 AM)Vambo Wrote: The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the world.

The Browns went on to win three NFL championships, nearly dominating the NFL in the 1950s, and won one more NFL championship in 1964.

Overall, the team has won eight championships: four in the AAFC, and four in the NFL.

I said super bowl for a reason, because for the last 50 years the championship has been the super bowl. I couldn't care less about ancient history like pre super bowl championships.

How old are you? I know I wasn't alive when the Browns won their last championship, and the bengals didn't even exist at that point. The league was also substantially smaller making it easier and more statistically likely to win a championship but go ahead and keep bragging championships from when football was played with leather helmets lmfao I'll continue to care about things that have happened in the last half century 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:59 AM)Vambo Wrote: What exactly have the Bengals accomplished with a consistent coach and QB?  How did that work for you last year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before or the year or the year before...?

So pathetic and sad ...?

So sad.

So pathetic and sad Hilarious

How sad is it that even with that, the browns are FAR behind the bengals?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:37 AM)Vambo Wrote: The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the world.

The Browns need to dig up those old films, and use them as motivation to keep their guys from giving up and quitting the sport.  Not only do they suck, they suck so bad that they're losing a QB per week.  Perhaps Hue Jackson will be in touch with the Bengals, to inquire about offering a 1st and a 2nd for Jeff Driskel?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I feel truly sorry for the Browns. Much of their woe seems really just bad luck, the kind of thing that could happen to any team (like Ben injured for four games last year and Andy going out with a broken thumb), but it hits them three or four times a year, every year.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:38 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote:  the last 50 years the championship has been the super bowl.

A Championship is still a Championship.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 05:17 PM)Vambo Wrote: A Championship is still a Championship.

But a championship is not a super bowl if it wasn't in the last 50 years. Browns won their "championships" when there were 14 or fewer teams in the league and the bengals didn't even exist. That's nothing to brag about in 2016, maybe back in the 60's but now it's just sad
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: But a championship is not a super bowl if it wasn't in the last 50 years.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Su·per Bowl

noun
trademark
noun: Super Bowl; plural noun: Super Bowls
  1. the National Football League championship game, played annually between the champions of the National and the American Football Conferences.
Translate super bowl to

It's childish way of trying to make yourself feel better that your team has never WON a Championship. Cry

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 12:41 AM)Vambo Wrote: A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Su·per Bowl

noun
trademark
noun: Super Bowl; plural noun: Super Bowls

1. the National Football League championship game, played annually between the champions of the National and the American Football Conferences.
Translate super bowl to

It's childish way of trying to make yourself feel better that your team has never WON a Championship. Cry

and your just salty because the actual team that won all those championship is called the RAVENS not the browns.. the browns are an very recent expansion team that has never seen the playoffs.

You kept the name in the city   but the accolades went with the team.

the good news for the browns is Hue seems to have the factory working in high gear.
Reply/Quote
Never gets old.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote