Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Question For Pro-Choice People
This has been bugging me the past few days, so maybe someone can provide an answer:

Say you think it's ok for a woman to get an abortion because it's her body, then you think it's ok if a woman cuts herself?

It's her body, so her choice and it's ok to mutilate herself?

A woman is destroying something in her body in abortion, so how's it different?

If she's not killing a baby, she's just causing bodily harm to herself.

Can anybody explain that?
(05-16-2020, 08:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has been bugging me the past few days, so maybe someone can provide an answer:

Say you think it's ok for a woman to get an abortion because it's her body, then you think it's ok if a woman cuts herself?

Both of those are horrible. I don't think a woman should do either of them.... But... Women never ask me what I think about those things. They do what they feel they need to do for whatever reason. I can't stop them. So I guess it's up to them.

I'm firmly against cutting yourself in public though. I'm certainly against the other thing in public.

Are women the only ones who cut themselves?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Anyone should be able to do whatever they want to themselves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
My only concern with self-harm is that it can be a sign of something awry, mentally. Most cutters are women, but I'm a man who has a past of self-harm via cutting, as well. Anyway, I wish everyone would/could get the help they need, but if someone is cutting then that's their business.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-16-2020, 08:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My only concern with self-harm is that it can be a sign of something awry, mentally. Most cutters are women, but I'm a man who has a past of self-harm via cutting, as well. Anyway, I wish everyone would/could get the help they need, but if someone is cutting then that's their business.

That's pretty much my thoughts.

As long as they're mentally sound, that's their business. Same with those people who put spacers in their ears, tattoos, drink their liver to oblivion, etc.

It's weird how the gop went from "we live in a nanny state" to "we have to have a nanny state because everyone else is wrong".
(05-16-2020, 08:52 PM)Benton Wrote: That's pretty much my thoughts.

As long as they're mentally sound, that's their business. Same with those people who put spacers in their ears, tattoos, drink their liver to oblivion, etc.

It's weird how the gop went from "we live in a nanny state" to "we have to have a nanny state because everyone else is wrong".

Nah... Those ear spacers have to stop. ******' gross.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Should pregnant women be allowed to leave the house since the world is so dangerous what with the flu and terrorists and mexicans and all that out there? The baby isn't consenting to be put in harm's way, but the baby is attached to the woman so her choices to live dangerously in this world become the choices of the baby.

It's sad really. This is why we need to just go directly to the test tube method for everyone. Pro choice to put a baby in harm's way? Not on my watch, lady.
I’m confused. You want to ban tattoos piercings and plastic surgery because of abortions?
Cutting yourself should not be criminalized, but if you know someone is, you should be there for them and help them.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Me cut finger with kitchen knife because Me sharpen too well. Is satan knife or whetstone or me or wife on couch? Probably wife on couch. *****.

How much money do pastor need for explain to me dumb brain? Me important. Wife not me. Therefore wife not important. *****
(05-16-2020, 08:40 PM)treee Wrote: Anyone should be able to do whatever they want to themselves.

Thank God. I feel guilty about 40 times a year. 

(05-17-2020, 01:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thank God. I feel guilty about 40 times a year. 

Er.... What do you do 40 times a year?
(05-16-2020, 11:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cutting yourself should not be criminalized, but if you know someone is, you should be there for them and help them.

Perfect answer.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2020, 08:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has been bugging me the past few days, so maybe someone can provide an answer:

Self harm is usually a symptom.  An inappropriate response to anxiety or depression usually (but not always.)

Now let's review what you have previously stated about chemotherapy:

(11-21-2015, 11:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't know how many times I have to explain chemotherapy to you, but chemotherapy isn't exactly a "cure," but rather is just a poison that kills most things it comes into contact with in the body, but the hope is that it kills the cancer before it kills too much of the body.

Isn't taking a "poison" self harm?  If that is the case then we need to ban chemo in addition to abortion since that is the tack you're taking.
(05-16-2020, 08:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's her body, so her choice and it's ok to mutilate herself?  

No.  A woman should have permission from either her husband or her father before she is allowed to get pierced ears.
(05-17-2020, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  A woman should have permission from either her husband or her father before she is allowed to get pierced ears.

Don't forget speaking at the dinner table or wearing shoes in the house.
Some of you guys are missing the point of Brads question. But thats cool, lets just belittle him with dumb responses. And some of you are against bullying? Yeah right. I think the point he is trying to make is when a girl cuts herself, she is diagnosed with some mental issues, but it's ok and she's completely sane to destroy another human being in her body. I could be wrong, but pretty sure that was the direction of the post.

(05-17-2020, 02:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Some of you guys are missing the point of Brads question. But thats cool, lets just belittle him with dumb responses. And some of you are against bullying? Yeah right. I think the point he is trying to make is when a girl cuts herself, she is diagnosed with some mental issues, but it's ok and she's completely sane to destroy another human being in her body. I could be wrong, but pretty sure that was the direction of the post.

It's not though.  He's attempting to make apoint by equating cutting (an act of self-harm) to abortion (an act of harming something, I guess anyway).  He's basically trying to say that if you're against a girl cutting herself, then you should get mad about the abobos.  I don't care about abobos or cutting, so it's whatever, but it's not a very coherent setup for a debate either way.
(05-17-2020, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  A woman should have permission from either her husband or her father before she is allowed to get pierced ears.

Typical Fred response.  

Take an idea to the extreme and apply it to everyone and everything.

That's the Democratic way, so I'm not really surprised.
I'm pro choice about everything. Suck on that sweet sweet freedom, all you haters.