Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another postseason of buttcheek offense?
This offense needs to string together 4 solid quarters
I've seen a trend dating back to the Pats game where
Offense moves the chains produces TDs in the 1st half
Then too many 3 and outs the 2nd half.
We can't keep on depending on the defense to put
Up a monumental stand every 4th q.
It's called complimentary football. This offense has
Too much talent to be resembling a Cleveland Browns offense. We need hit the Bills with some splash
Plays early to get their crowd out of the game
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 12:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe the Bills D numbers have been padded a good bit by virtue of their schedule and the time they played those teams.

Opener Rams put up 10 points, the Rams stunk all season.

#2 Titans put up 7. I don't know their average score this season but it wasn't much I'm sure.

Week 5 Steelers put up 3 points. Did Pick6it start that game ?

Week 8 Green Bay 17, Rodgers was still stinking then.

Week 13 Patriots 10. Mac Jones, nuff said.

Week 16 Bears put up 13. 

The Ravens D is much better than the Bills. I'm quite sure of it no matter what the stats say. You gotta look deeper. Same with the Chiefs. When they put up 35 points it forces their opponents to get out of their comfort zones.

Those two temas defenses aren't that tough. We were moving the ball easily vs. the Bills for those 10 minutes or whatever?

Keep in mind Von Miller was a dominant player and has been out last month. In contrast, the Ravens got better once they received Smith.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 01:46 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Keep in mind Von Miller was a dominant player and has been out last month. In contrast, the Ravens got better once they received Smith.

Right, but we don’t have to play Von Miller - Sunday, so who cares?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Both the offense and the defense have had ups and downs through this 9 GAME WINNING STREAK against mostly playoff contenders. Both squads have dealt with injuries that have contributed to that. Both squads have had to bail the other out.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This is what is bound to happen when you have key OL guys go down and the backups are not good and/or developed enough to sufficiently fill in at even a serviceable level.
Bengals are going to have to call a lot more short passes to get the ball out fast because Burrow won't have more than 2-3 seconds before a defender is on him.
And defenses will likely plan for that, so they'll play closer to LOS.

My concerns in this game, Cheffers the terrible ref and Burrow getting balls deflected at the LOS.

(01-18-2023, 12:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe the Bills D numbers have been padded a good bit by virtue of their schedule and the time they played those teams.

Opener Rams put up 10 points, the Rams stunk all season.

#2 Titans put up 7. I don't know their average score this season but it wasn't much I'm sure.

Week 5 Steelers put up 3 points. Did Pick6it start that game ?

Week 8 Green Bay 17, Rodgers was still stinking then.

Week 13 Patriots 10. Mac Jones, nuff said.

Week 16 Bears put up 13. 

The Ravens D is much better than the Bills. I'm quite sure of it no matter what the stats say. You gotta look deeper. Same with the Chiefs. When they put up 35 points it forces their opponents to get out of their comfort zones.

Those two temas defenses aren't that tough. We were moving the ball easily vs. the Bills for those 10 minutes or whatever?

Yeah, whenever I have watched the Bills Defense this year, I have not been impressed like I am when watching ours. They don't
tackle well and they get beat in the passing game a lot too. Think we match up very well.

(01-18-2023, 12:51 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: If the run game could just be marginally better and our superstar WR's didn't drop passes at the worst times (not that there's ever a good time to drop a pass), our offense would look much better in these recent games.

Tee has got to get it together and start making contested catches that hit him right in the hands.  Chase has had a few killers too.

True, bad drops. Need these guys to get it together and start catching the damn ball.

(01-18-2023, 01:04 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Buffalo's defense doesn't worry me nearly as much as the Ravens did.  I don't really care about total defense rankings and what they were doing in week 2.

I think the Bengals match up very well with their defense and will have no problem moving the ball, as long as there aren't 40mph winds and a lot of precip.  

This game Sunday will look totally different than the game against the Ravens. The Ravens are the best team in the league at taking the air out of the ball and limiting opposing team's opportunities.  The Bills are a quick strike high octane offense that won't be trying to bleed the clock.  Comparing these two opponents is a waste of time because their styles are so different.  

For a rule of thumb, we knew going into the Ravens game 20 points would probably be enough to win the game, and it was.  

For this game against Buffalo, I think they'll need to score at least 30 to win.

Completely agree with everything you say once again, great post. As long as we don't turn the ball over a lot and commit a ton 
of penalties I think we score a lot in this one. Expecting around a 38-31 Bengals win where the Bills have to go for a TD late and
fail because of a turnover against our Defense who are on a roll right now late. 6 games in a row I heard from Lap where the D 
causes a late turnover to win...

Josh Allen has had his troubles with ints and holding onto the ball too.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 01:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but we don’t have to play Von Miller - Sunday, so who cares?

My original response was that in regards to the whole year Buffalo's Defense was better than Baltimore's Defense.

Not that the Bills Defense sans Von Miller and Damar Hamlin[tied for the second-most tackles on the team on Jan 2, 2023] are better than the Ravens Defense.  

Those are two major players gone from their Defense. 

Baltimore's Defense was horrible most of the year until they received Smith.

So what I am NOT saying is that this Bill's Defense sans Miller and Hamlin that we are playing in the Divisional round is better than the Ravens Defense in weekend 18  and the wild card game.

What I am saying is that the Bills Defense with Miller and Hamlin since Sept are better than the Ravens Defense especially before they received Smith.

Understand? 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well then.

That was refreshing.
Reply/Quote