Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anthem Protest Bengals
How will you feel if Bengal Players start kneeling during the Anthem?

(Sorry if this has been posted)
It's embarrassing and a shame for the franchise/city.

Protesting Freedom and everything that has been fought for you.

I would rather have the Bengals go 0-16, than have a group of 10 morons (like the browns) kneeling for the Anthem, yet somehow win a playoff game or three.

Millionaires, who play sports for a living, protesting the USA. Guys who cant even pay alimony to their kids, protesting the National Anthem. Hilarious yet disgraceful.
Who gives a shit? I watch football for entertainment, not anyone's politics.
(08-22-2017, 01:26 PM)thegimp Wrote: Who gives a shit?  I watch football for entertainment, not anyone's politics.
This right here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-22-2017, 01:14 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How will you feel if Bengal Players start kneeling during the Anthem?  

It is their right. It is our right to chastise them for making entertainment we pay for a political statement without consequence. I see so much hatred and violence daily in places like Chicago and other cities. I see no athlete or entertainer protest this black on black crime. Why? Why do they tolerate and turn a blind eye to these issues? My point is there are many issues we face and there is a way to address them all and disrespecting the anthem and the flag do nothing but incite more hate and violence by sparking the emotions of Patriots who flat out hate anyone disrespecting the flag ans those who fought to insure we can peacefully protest.

Find another way to be heard, this is just making it worse in my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
I would be embarrassed, as the Bengals and my employees the players, this would be discussed prior in a closed door meeting.

Every employee is entitled to their beliefs, religions, etc however the playing field isn't the place to voice that concern.

Honestly no different than if one of my employees at work did something like this to tarnish our business, they would be looking for a job elsewhere.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Wouldn't matter to me what they do (as I'm Canadian and there are many people I run into daily, that aren't born here and take advantage of the system, while showing disrespect to the country they live in), but I indeed think its disrespectful to forcefully (figuratively) stamp on your country.

To each their own.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
The thing they are protesting is the thing that gives them the right to do so. Weird, huh?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(08-22-2017, 01:26 PM)thegimp Wrote: Who gives a shit?  I watch football for entertainment, not anyone's politics.

Who gives a shit?  Then in your eyes, they should be able to burn the flag on the sidelines, or mock and harass  the service members who are marching out for pre-game.

Who cares!  
(08-22-2017, 01:14 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How will you feel if Bengal Players start kneeling during the Anthem?  

No issue with it personally.

Although this thread might get deleted because we could get into the realm if discussing politics, which is a violation on these boards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(08-22-2017, 01:42 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Who gives a shit?  Then in your eyes, they should be able to burn the flag on the sidelines, or mock and harass  the service members who are marching out for pre-game.

Who cares!  

Where do you get that from?  He said nothing close to that.

(08-22-2017, 01:22 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: It's embarrassing and a shame for the franchise/city.

Protesting Freedom and everything that has been fought for you.

I would rather have the Bengals go 0-16,  than have a group of 10 morons (like the browns)  kneeling for the Anthem,  yet somehow win a playoff game or three.

Millionaires, who play sports for a living, protesting the USA.  Guys who cant even pay alimony to their kids, protesting the National Anthem.  Hilarious yet disgraceful.

Players that are sitting for the national anthem are not protesting freedom. They are protesting something important to them that they feel is wrong with this country.

But this is going to have to be where I stop responding because I don't want to get warned/suspended/banned for engaging further in this topic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(08-22-2017, 01:32 PM)McC Wrote: The thing they are protesting is the thing that gives them the right to do so. Weird, huh?

No. Not really. Freedom baby.

What would be wierd is if musicians took a knee during the anthem before their concerts. It would be weird if actors took a knee before their Broadway performance. It would be wierd if I took a knee while the anthem played before I went to work... My point is that it's kinda wierd to play the national anthem before some random sporting event in which the participants are from the same country. I never really understood why they do it anyway.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

I would rather they didn't but they're gonna do what they're gonna do.

The thing is, protesting a thing is not fixing the thing.  Protesting is a sort of getting involved without expending too much energy kind of a gesture.  Maybe more energy spent on the fixing and less on the protesting.

(08-22-2017, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: No. Not really. Freedom baby.

What would be wierd is if musicians took a knee during the anthem before their concerts. It would be weird if actors took a knee before their Broadway performance. It would be wierd if I took a knee while the anthem played before I went to work... My point is that it's kinda wierd to play the national anthem before some random sporting event in which the participants are from the same country. I never really understood why they do it anyway.
They're against freedom?  They're kneeling to fight freedom?

(08-22-2017, 01:42 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Who gives a shit?  Then in your eyes, they should be able to burn the flag on the sidelines, or mock and harass  the service members who are marching out for pre-game.

Who cares!  

Those are actually impacting people around you. That's not the same at all. 

Who cares!  

Kneeling silently on the sidelines vs. starting fires and berating soldiers?

These actions aren't remotely comparable in my opinion. 
This thread will end well.....
Don't really care honestly as they aren't being disrespectful to anyone else in how they wish to observe it. When the 50k people at the stadium all stand completely silent at attention, including in the bathrooms and in line for the concessions, then we can gripe but that stuff is far more embarrassing than someone kneeling in silence.
(08-22-2017, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: They're against freedom?  They're kneeling to fight freedom?

The same freedom they are fighting (bias and bigotry) against is protesting against people who have the freedom to be bigots and racists. 

I think it is dead wrong to be a racist or a bigot, but I have no choice to respect someone's right to protest for any cause or I am being a hypocrite. It is their right to feel the way they feel whether I agree or not. As long as anyone demonstrates peacefully the thought process should be consistently applied. I strongly disagree with their thought process as whether intentional or unintentional, it comes across as not respecting our great country. But again, they have every right to do it just as I have every right to disagree with their methods of protest.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats