Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown? Make the Call to His Agent!
(09-07-2019, 03:27 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Believe me, I’ve been one of the biggest critics of Brown and one of the reasons why I’ve been so appreciative of AJ Green. With that said, he’s friends with AJ and Dre Kirkpatrick, 2 locker room leaders  so I think that could be a positive. He’d play the Steelers 2 times a year and coming here would be a big F you to them. AJ, AB, Boyd with Eifert and Mixon would be everything we ever dreamed of.

On the other hand, with no o-line, it might not matter. Plus Zac has made a statement of shying away from players that could be a distraction in the locker room. AB would not come here anyway and it’s not like he’d make us a contender.

This is funny. Our locker room talent is projected to give us a 4 to 6 win season.

Geez, distract us and maybe we get only 2 wins and win the QB draft derby...……………………...or

We win games and get back to the playoffs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Sorry but "positive locker room culture" doesn't win games... TALENT DOES... PERIOD.

How many rings did Randy Moss and TO win?

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Sorry but "positive locker room culture" doesn't win games... TALENT DOES... PERIOD.

Negative locker room culture loses games, no doubt about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:58 PM)treee Wrote: Negative locker room culture loses games, no doubt about it.

Ruins teams all the time.

And like Nicomo said, Moss and TO didn't win rings.

Talent isn't everything as we have seen over and over.

Brady wasn't the most talented QB but he is probably the best ever.
Reply/Quote
I hope AB goes to the Browns, and that locker room spontaneously combusts with divas abound.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ruins teams all the time.

And like Nicomo said, Moss and TO didn't win rings.

Talent isn't everything as we have seen over and over.

Brady wasn't the most talented QB but he is probably the best ever.

They played in three Superbowls combined and one was on the greatest team of all time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
At 4 PM today Antonio Brown is eligible to sign with any team. Now with this being said, I seriously doubt Drew Rosenhaus, Brown’s agent, will receive a phone call or text from either Mike Brown or Duke Tobin. I fully expect Antonio Brown to end up in New England or Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 04:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: At 4 PM today Antonio Brown is eligible to sign with any team.  Now with this being said, I seriously doubt Drew Rosenhaus, Brown’s agent, will receive a phone call or text from either Mike Brown or Duke Tobin.  I fully expect Antonio Brown to end up in New England or Dallas.

Dallas has already come out and said no to signing him.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 01:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote:  Also, would be a nasty tandem of Green and Brown with Boyd as your 3rd.

Are you kidding? Brown couldn't even stand sharing the spotlight with Schuster, let alone a great like AJ....
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 04:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They played in three Superbowls combined and one was on the greatest team of all time.

No one is denying they were great WRs. Just pointing out it takes more than talent to win it all. Team chemistry is huge is any sport, but especially football.

Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How many rings did Randy Moss and TO win?

Same number as Rivers, Moon,  Dan Marino, Kenny Anderson and Dan Fouts. Many did not even play in a Super Bowl, unlike Owens and Moss.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=dan+fouts+super+bowl&form=EDNTHB&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&plvar=0&refig=8253fd835fc549bfe6b0535b3a8ef29e&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=dan+fouts+super+bowl&sc=2-20&qs=n&sk=&cvid=8253fd835fc549bfe6b0535b3a8ef29e

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 04:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Same number as Rivers, Moon,  Dan Marino, Kenny Anderson and Dan Fouts. Many did not even play in a Super Bowl, unlike Owens and Moss.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=dan+fouts+super+bowl&form=EDNTHB&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&plvar=0&refig=8253fd835fc549bfe6b0535b3a8ef29e&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=dan+fouts+super+bowl&sc=2-20&qs=n&sk=&cvid=8253fd835fc549bfe6b0535b3a8ef29e

What’s your point? Other than Marino none of those guys should even be compared to Moss and TO. We’re talking about the best of the best. Not just players that were pretty good that never won rings.

Reply/Quote
It’s 4 PM. Let the phone calls to Antonio Brown’s agent begin! Who thinks he’ll sign with a new team by the end of the day? Who do you predict it will be? I’m saying New England by 8 PM.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cooper is not a locker room cancer that threatens to punch his boss in the face.

Brown = scum

I'm 100% against AB getting another shot with any NFL team, let alone coming to Cincy, but...

The thought of AB threatening to punch Mike Brown in the face? That'd make him a Cincinnati folk hero if he did it...
Reply/Quote
I truly hope that all of the teams in the league pass him up - for the dude's own good. The last thing that AB needs is another grueling NFL season with more hits to the head. He's in danger of entering Incognito territory of he doesn't take a break.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What’s your point? Other than Marino none of those guys should even be compared to Moss and TO. We’re talking about the best of the best. Not just players that were pretty good that never won rings.

I listed HOF QB's 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/508810-ranking-the-hall-of-fame-quarterbacks#slide0

Add Tarkenton and Jim Kelly

My point is winning Super Bowls is not an accurate measurement, but playing on winning teams is one. All these QB's were great players and great leaders, but no Super Bowl wins among them

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 05:02 PM)Ravage Wrote: I'm 100% against AB getting another shot with any NFL team, let alone coming to Cincy, but...

The thought of AB threatening to punch Mike Brown in the face? That'd make him a Cincinnati folk hero if he did it...

I don’t want bodily harm inflicted on the guy. Do people even think about what they’re saying half the time? By all accounts Mike Brown seems like a decent human being (remember what he did for Devin Still?). I just want him to step down from running the team, not get beat up by some thug.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 05:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I listed HOF QB's 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/508810-ranking-the-hall-of-fame-quarterbacks#slide0

Add Tarkenton and Jim Kelly

My point is winning Super Bowls is not an accurate measurement, but playing on winning teams is one. All these QB's were great players and great leaders, but no Super Bowl wins among them

You’re still not getting it. AB, like TO and Moss, are all absolutely top tier of their position players that for whatever reason (that’s up for you to decide) never won championships. Even on fantastic teams. Your examples are nowhere close to being in the same conversation as those guy.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 05:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re still not getting it. AB, like TO and Moss, are all absolutely top tier of their position players that for whatever reason (that’s up for you to decide) never won championships. Even on fantastic teams. Your examples are nowhere close to being in the same conversation as those guy.

Your opinion, I disagree.

HOF QB's are there because they were great for their entire careers. The guys I mentioned got in the HOF in spite of no rings, unlike guys like Bradshaw who never get in if they lose those games.

Reply/Quote