Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown? Make the Call to His Agent!
(09-07-2019, 06:29 PM)McC Wrote: You're exactly right.  Only problem is, his normal is pure madness.   To anyone thinking this will just up and end with  AB helping to lead the Pats to a SB win, think again.  The simple fact is, the guy just can't stop being him.

Did the Patriots keep Gordon off the bong?  

Yeah, the Patriots structure will likely drive him mad. He is incapable of acting normal. He craves attention...and that kind of flies in the face of what BB wants.

There were times when JuJu scored a TD and Brown was mad because it wasn't him. So winning won't make him happy. He wants stats.

The thing is, IF he fails there...he may be out of the league for good.

I don't know. I wonder if he is showing early signs of CTE?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 01:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Antonio Brown was just released by the Raiders.  Mike Brown needs to call his agent right now!  Even if he plays just one year here....

We already did that.. signed TO.. hmmm how did that turn out
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone else hope he breaks his leg in week #2?

Also, cap does not show 15 million for the Pats? So where is money coming from?

I don't wish injury on any player.

But your cap question is a good one. I know $9 million was guaranteed.

Teams somehow manage to sign guys with limited cap space.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone else hope he breaks his leg in week #2?

Also, cap does not show 15 million for the Pats? So where is money coming from?

Demaryius Thomas
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't wish injury on any player.

But your cap question is a good one. I know $9 million was guaranteed.

Teams somehow manage to sign guys with limited cap space.

The way cap works is team has to secure all of the bonus money as well, so if he can make 15 million, they need to have 15 million just in case he hiits the incentives. Otherwise, teams would just make more incentive laced contracts to be able to spend more cap money (cheat)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No Super Bowl wins in 60 years

No playoff wins in 28 years

So laughingstock for 60 years may be too stong

Laughingstock and poorly run franchise for 28 years though is on the mark. It that more accurate for ya?
Was the league laughing at us in '88?  How about '05?  How loudly were the Steelers and Ravens laughing in '09 when we swept the division?  Or even 2003, when we went from 2-14 to 8-8?

How about 2011 when the whole world predicted 0-16 and we made the playoffs with a rookie QB?

I find it's just best to go with the truth and then accuracy takes care of itself.

As bad as our overall history has been, is it really even necessary to exaggerate?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd bet a significant amount of money that this was orchestrated by Brown, Rosenhaus and the Pats brass from jump.

It's just too easy to piece together. Brown knew there was zero chance that the Steelers would trade him to anyone that would come back and beat them. He had to work something out to get somewhere that wasn't Oakland or Buffalo. It worked. His hysterics were a complete act. Had to be. He''ll be as quiet as a church mouse in NE, I guarantee it. It's what he wanted all along. Get a ring and rub it in the Steelers' face.

As much as I hate Pittsburgh, this is bullshit. It needs to be investigated and he needs to be suspended/banned from the league. Any player that wants out of any situation has the template now. If nothing is done to address it, there will be chaos.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nope. Not even a whiff. I smell Brown being Brown and also being the beneficiary of a league that will give guys with talent, endless chances. Another chance that he's sure to blow. 

Yep, cuz he can't help himself.  His trajectory of self destruction is like a runaway downhill freight train and there is no stopping it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No Super Bowl wins in 60 years

No playoff wins in 28 years

So laughingstock for 60 years may be too stong

Laughingstock and poorly run franchise for 28 years though is on the mark. It that more accurate for ya?

We've won 5 total playoff games in franchise history. 

We've only had playoff wins in 3 seasons: 1981, 1988, and 1990.

I wouldn't say we're a laughingstock, but we're one of the least relevant franchises in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:41 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd bet a significant amount of money that this was orchestrated by Brown, Rosenhaus and the Pats brass from jump.

It's just too easy to piece together.  Brown knew there was zero chance that the Steelers would trade him to anyone that would come back and beat them.  He had to work something out to get somewhere that wasn't Oakland or Buffalo.  It worked.  His hysterics were a complete act.  Had to be.  He''ll be as quiet as a church mouse in NE, I guarantee it.  It's what he wanted all along.  Get a ring and rub it in the Steelers' face.

As much as I hate Pittsburgh, this is bullshit.  It needs to be investigated and he needs to be suspended/banned from the league.  Any player that wants out of any situation has the template now.  If nothing is done to address it, there will be chaos.

Just one question--when is the last time he was as quiet as any kind of mouse?

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The way cap works is team has to secure all of the bonus money as well, so if he can make 15 million, they need to have 15 million just in case he hiits the incentives. Otherwise, teams would just make more incentive laced contracts to be able to spend more cap money (cheat)

A bonus not likely to be earned (NLTBE) does not count against the salary cap, but is awarded to the player all the same.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/6/17600618/nfl-salary-cap-2018-everything-to-know-about-salaries

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:41 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd bet a significant amount of money that this was orchestrated by Brown, Rosenhaus and the Pats brass from jump.

It's just too easy to piece together.  Brown knew there was zero chance that the Steelers would trade him to anyone that would come back and beat them.  He had to work something out to get somewhere that wasn't Oakland or Buffalo.  It worked.  His hysterics were a complete act.  Had to be.  He''ll be as quiet as a church mouse in NE, I guarantee it.  It's what he wanted all along.  Get a ring and rub it in the Steelers' face.

As much as I hate Pittsburgh, this is bullshit.  It needs to be investigated and he needs to be suspended/banned from the league.  Any player that wants out of any situation has the template now.  If nothing is done to address it, there will be chaos.

I don't even think AB is Batshit crazy enough to plan to lose $21 Million and I'm damn sure Drew Rosenhaus is not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Demaryius Thomas

Well that is 3 million and he has to be cut today (on roster week 1 salary guaranteed) and Brown can't be signed until Tuesday and put on roster
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't even think AD is Batshit crazy enough to plan to lose $21 Million and I'm damn sure Drew Rosenhaus is not.

The ideal scenario for AB would be to be waived, keep his signing bonus, then sign. But, the Raiders were smart and figured out a way to void his deal.
Reply/Quote
Could you all imagine Brown in Las Vegas if he stayed there?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How is it tampering? Once he was released, he was no longer on a team. He just couldn't officially sign with a team until 4pm. They likely could talk.

Its no secret Brown was still pissed off even after it appeared he was staying with Raiders.  Patriots contract Brown and tell him to request release (which he did) and they will sign him.

It's not really that far-fetched.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The ideal scenario for AB would be to be waived, keep his signing bonus, then sign. But, the Raiders were smart and figured out a way to void his deal.

Actually, Brown gave them a way, handed it to them on a silver platter.

Reply/Quote

Exactly this right here. Tampering, collusion, whatever you want to call it. I smell all kinds of bullshit. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:49 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Its no secret Brown was still pissed off even after it appeared he was staying with Raiders.  Patriots contract Brown and tell him to request release (which he did) and they will sign him.

It's not really that far-fetched.

So the Patriots would have to convince Brown to give up $30 million for $9 million.

Why Brown asked for his release was he Raiders sent him a letter voiding his guaranteed money. They could basically have waived him at any point and got out of his deal over the next 2 years.

THAT'S why he requested his release.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So the Patriots would have to convince Brown to give up $30 million for $9 million.

Why Brown asked for his release was he Raiders sent him a letter voiding his guaranteed money. They could basically have waived him at any point and got out of his deal over the next 2 years.

THAT'S why he requested his release.

Yep. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote