Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown? Make the Call to His Agent!
(09-07-2019, 06:40 PM)McC Wrote: Was the league laughing at us in '88?  How about '05?  How loudly were the Steelers and Ravens laughing in '09 when we swept the division?  Or even 2003, when we went from 2-14 to 8-8?

How about 2011 when the whole world predicted 0-16 and we made the playoffs with a rookie QB?

I find it's just best to go with the truth and then accuracy takes care of itself.

As bad as our overall history has been, is it really even necessary to exaggerate?

Well I'll say this much.... Time really flies. It seems like just a couple of years ago we were celebrating our 50th season. Now we've been a joke for 60 years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor wants character guys. AB is about as far away from that as possible. Not happening.

I just hope the Pats don’t pick him up. Seeing that clown win a ring would piss me off.

This didn't age well brother, but you're kind of a prophet on it, so....

That said, be kinda poetic justice if he helps them get that 7th ring.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think AB won’t be a problem child in NE. This is the one franchise/coach/QB that usually gets total respect from players around the league.
AB also knows that this is the one team that can tell him “you need us more than we need you”. That certainly was not the case in Oakland with Gruden trying to appease him all through the off season.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Sorry but "positive locker room culture" doesn't win games... TALENT DOES... PERIOD.

Tell that to ABs new boss.....

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t want bodily harm inflicted on the guy. Do people even think about what they’re saying half the time? By all accounts Mike Brown seems like a decent human being (remember what he did for Devin Still?). I just want him to step down from running the team, not get beat up by some thug.

Neither do I. I'm not nearly as anti-Mike Brown as most. As much as people whine and cry about the stadium deal (for good reason), any other owner would of up and moved the team to Baltimore. And while his management style leaves much to be desired, I'm far more fond of those that value loyalty than those that treat people as disposable.

That being said, it's amusing that you ask "Do people even think about what they're saying" considering you jumped straight to assuming (incorrectly I might add) that I was advocating for violence against the man. That wasn't the case at all. I said "if AB threatened to hit Mike Brown", not "if AB hit Mike Brown", there's a big difference. It was meant in jest. Clearly you also missed the part where I said I want AB nowhere near any NFL team, let alone the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 04:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They played in three Superbowls combined and one was on the greatest team of all time.

I didn't see Jerry Rice's name anywhere in that post.... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 05:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re still not getting it. AB, like TO and Moss, are all absolutely top tier of their position players that for whatever reason (that’s up for you to decide) never won championships. Even on fantastic teams. Your examples are nowhere close to being in the same conversation as those guy.

Have you ever watched Fran Tarkenton highlights? He had passing records that stood for like thirty years. In fact, he's still top 10 in A LOT of statistics, is 8th all time in passing yards with over 47,000, and he played in the 70s. He's absolutely in the same conversation as AB and Moss. Fouts was dominant too. 

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think AB won’t be a problem child in NE. This is the one franchise/coach/QB that usually gets total respect from players around the league.
AB also knows that this is the one team that can tell him “you need us more than we need you”. That certainly was not the case in Oakland with Gruden trying to appease him all through the off season.

It all sounds planned to me.  He forced Oakland to release him, basically, and the Patriots were waiting in the wings.  
Reply/Quote
We all know this “deal” between Antonio Brown and the Patriots has been in the works for probably six weeks — maybe longer. I’m sure New England orchestrated the whole scene. Antonio acts the fool, shows his ass, demands a different helmet, ducks practice, etc., all for effect. The Raiders are none the wiser and release him upon demand.

Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft say, “Thank you very much,” sign Antonio, and he inexplicably becomes a model teammate.

Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden just got played.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We all know this “deal” between Antonio Brown and the Patriots has been in the works for probably six weeks — maybe longer.  I’m sure New England orchestrated the whole scene.  Antonio acts the fool, shows his ass, demands a different helmet, ducks practice, etc., all for effect.  The Raiders are none the wiser and release him upon demand.

Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft say, “Thank you very much,” sign Antonio, and he inexplicably becomes a model teammate.

When is the last time he was a model teammate?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He'll go to the Pats and they will be applauded for the move. Any other team in the NFL would be criticized.

You called it Bfine.

Damn, if there was one team that could get the bat shit crazy out of AB it would be them.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:45 PM)McC Wrote: When is the last time he was a model teammate?  

It's been a few years.  Maybe Burfict broke him with that head shot.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You called it Bfine.

Damn, if there was one team that could get the bat shit crazy out of AB it would be them.

That is a mighty big IF
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's been a few years.  Maybe Burfict broke him with that head shot.

Want to re-watch that now...
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:48 PM)McC Wrote: That is a mighty big IF

True McC, true. Smirk
Reply/Quote
This move is making Steeler fans pretty mad, so naturally I love it. Just think, for AB to go to the Patriots from the Steelers it would have been like two 1st round picks or something absurd so they just let the stupid Raiders foot the bill and then pick him up for next to nothing.

Take notes Mike Brown, this is how winning saves you resources in the long run.

Lordy, if the Patriots could win a ring with AB and then also have 7 SBs to Pittsburgh's 6 I'd explode with shameful joy.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This move is making Steeler fans pretty mad, so naturally I love it.  Just think, for AB to go to the Patriots from the Steelers it would have been like two 1st round picks or something absurd so they just let the stupid Raiders foot the bill and then pick him up for next to nothing.

Lordy, if the Patriots could win a ring with AB and then also have 7 SBs to Pittsburgh's 6 I'd explode with shameful joy.

Love the Stoolpitt fans being mad. Hope the Pats beat them and we play the Pats and beat them in the AFC Championship
while Pratt knocks AB out. This is the explosion of joy i would like to feel.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This move is making Steeler fans pretty mad, so naturally I love it.  Just think, for AB to go to the Patriots from the Steelers it would have been like two 1st round picks or something absurd so they just let the stupid Raiders foot the bill and then pick him up for next to nothing.

I feel a bit sorry for Raider fans, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We all know this “deal” between Antonio Brown and the Patriots has been in the works for probably six weeks — maybe longer.  I’m sure New England orchestrated the whole scene.  Antonio acts the fool, shows his ass, demands a different helmet, ducks practice, etc., all for effect.  The Raiders are none the wiser and release him upon demand.

Hell, if you're gonna go all goofy conspiracy theory, you need to add Pitt in there too. 

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 08:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I feel a bit sorry for Raider fans, though.

Trade away Mack last season, act like they are in a rebuild and this crazy bastid does this.

Hard to feel sorry for Raiders fans but that is rough.
Reply/Quote