Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any news on chase?
I think this injury should bring into question the Bengals usage of Jamar. There are some games where he plays literally every snap. I am just not sure that is 100% sustainable.

Hopefully they learn from this injury and back off the usage a bit and normalize his reps. I get he wants to play every down, but it's going to catch up with him at some point.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They had a sports medicine doctor on Sirius yesterday. He said what Chase has (he called it a bone bruise, I heard elsewhere it was a hairline fracture) is a 6 week injury. He said if they play him earlier than that, they risk it being a long term injury.

I haven't heard the bone bruise bit. I've only heard people say the hairline fracture and 4-6 weeks. 
Reply/Quote
He's still weeks away if he returns this season at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's still weeks away if he returns this season at all.

You guys should get OBJ?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's still weeks away if he returns this season at all.

LOL LOL LOL

[Image: michael-scott-why.gif]

They didn’t even put him on IR, and you’re over here talking about potentially season ending. Good god. LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

They didn’t even put him on IR, and you’re over here talking about potentially season ending. Good god. LOL

There's a chance it could be season ending. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

Bengals arent always smart with that sort of thing...     And here we are with no updates.  How long was AJ out that year with just an ankle sprain?  ohh all year?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 12:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There's a chance it could be season ending. 

Except there’s absolutely no reason to think it is.

Again, they didn’t even put him on IR. Some of you are so wounded from years of negativity and pessimism it’s unbelievable.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 12:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals arent always smart with that sort of thing...     And here we are with no updates.  How long was AJ out that year with just an ankle sprain?  ohh all year?

Big difference between an over the hill broke down AJ Green and 22 year old Ja’Marr Chase.

But again, if you all want to go off the deep end and assume the worst, that’s on you.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Big difference between an over the hill broke down AJ Green and 22 year old Ja’Marr Chase.

But again, if you all want to go off the deep end and assume the worst, that’s on you.

ive assumed nothing in chases case but i wouldnt dismiss it out of hand either like some other posters were doing.
Reply/Quote

Obviously we can only wait and see, but considering he’s got sources inside Paycor (still can’t get used to that) I think this is probably what we’re looking at.

Reply/Quote
My understanding is that the location of the hairline fracture is a big key to this. If it is near the socket, there is greater concern of it getting injured further at that location. Even a long term issue. I have no problem if they play it extra safe with him. His future is more important than this year if it came down to it.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: michael-scott-why.gif]

Such an applicable image to post (Michael Scott talking to Toby Flenderson: Why are you the way that you are?). It kind of shows the dichotomy between the optimist and the realist.  

Toby is grounded and a realist and focuses on details. But he is also a sad sack who expects ill fortune. I think one of his classic quotes is "it is better to have roommates than friends, because roommates have to give you at least one month's notice before they leave." To Michael Scott, the eternal optimist, Tony is always a downer pitted against Michael's thinking. He frustrates Michael to the point that Michael says: "If I had a gun with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, bin-Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice." I don't expect we'll get to that level here.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 07:31 PM)TheFan Wrote: Why? The point of the crutches is so that he's putting as little strain as possible so the bone can heal as fast as possible. If it was already healed he'd be playing. Seems like he's still right on target with the expectation, given no new info has been provided.

True, he should stay on the crutches right on up to the point he is full go.

(11-14-2022, 09:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree completely and have no idea why he was not put on the IR at the beginning. 

He is not a player we want to put at risk trying to bring back a game early

They wanted to have him for the Titans game, which is still a possibility.

(11-15-2022, 02:08 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Was there any kind of procedure done on Chase or is it just staying off of it and letting it heal type of thing ?

(11-15-2022, 03:07 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bingo.

That's why he's still on crutches.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 01:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Obviously we can only wait and see, but considering he’s got sources inside Paycor (still can’t get used to that) I think this is probably what we’re looking at.

Cool, thanks Nicomo. It's all good as long as he is pretty much full go and little chance of reinjury.

Thanks also for the "hate the space bar" post and the Office post, made me lol both times. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 09:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree completely and have no idea why he was not put on the IR at the beginning. 

He is not a player we want to put at risk trying to bring back a game early

My guess is it has something to do with having only 5 IR, PUP, NFI activations remaining. They have 2 players designated for return (Reader and Wilson) which takes it down to 3 and 2 others eligible for activation (Prince and Tycen Anderson) which would potentially take it down to just 1. They are likely at a point where if there's a reasonable chance someone gets hurt especially someone like Chase in this instance, and can likely return before the season is over will avoid the IR even if they are out the minimum 4 weeks.

Week 11 Injured Reserve Return Tracker (profootballrumors.com)
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except there’s absolutely no reason to think it is.

Again, they didn’t even put him on IR. Some of you are so wounded from years of negativity and pessimism it’s unbelievable.

It seems like the entire thing is up in the air. I'm not being negative; I'm just being realistic. It seems like there's still a lot of uncertainty around the entire thing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 01:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: Such an applicable image to post (Michael Scott talking to Toby Flenderson: Why are you the way that you are?). It kind of shows the dichotomy between the optimist and the realist.  

Toby is grounded and a realist and focuses on details. But he is also a sad sack who expects ill fortune. I think one of his classic quotes is "it is better to have roommates than friends, because roommates have to give you at least one month's notice before they leave." To Michael Scott, the eternal optimist, Tony is always a downer pitted against Michael's thinking. He frustrates Michael to the point that Michael says: "If I had a gun with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, bin-Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice." I don't expect we'll get to that level here.

The problem with this analogy is some people aren't focusing on details though. It's just blatant pessimism. There's nothing out there to indicate it's a season ending injury and from actual details that have been put out there he's right on schedule with what has been said all along. 

People use like 2 examples of players that took longer than expected to come back and ignore the 50 that came back on time/early and were fine. 

You haven't been on the forum long enough if you think people don't get to that place lol
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 03:00 PM)cinci4life Wrote: My guess is it has something to do with having only 5 IR, PUP, NFI activations remaining. They have 2 players designated for return (Reader and Wilson) which takes it down to 3 and 2 others eligible for activation (Prince and Tycen Anderson) which would potentially take it down to just 1. They are likely at a point where if there's a reasonable chance someone gets hurt especially someone like Chase in this instance, and can likely return before the season is over will avoid the IR even if they are out the minimum 4 weeks.

Week 11 Injured Reserve Return Tracker (profootballrumors.com)

That makes sense, because thinking if he would have went on IR his 4 weeks would have been up by the Titan game anyway. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Tiger

He'll be back for the KC game maybe.
Reply/Quote