Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any news on chase?
When it happened I said they should have put him on IR, and remove any temptation to bring him back (by him or the team) before 5 weeks.

Of course, I said that thinking the team would bring in another WR which they seem unwilling to do.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

[Image: michael-scott-why.gif]

They didn’t even put him on IR, and you’re over here talking about potentially season ending. Good god. LOL

It's one thing to wear rose colored Bengals glasses, it's another to be niave. He hasn't even worked out in this time to build strength and stamina, and it will take weeks to get the strength back in his leg once he can even walk (which he can't right now). When this news leaked it was thought to be season ending. Hips are the worse injury an athlete can suffer. 

Him still unable to walk should tell you something...... And I'm not dismissing the original leak that came out on Reddit like many others did, which have thusfar been proven correct.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except there’s absolutely no reason to think it is.

Again, they didn’t even put him on IR. Some of you are so wounded from years of negativity and pessimism it’s unbelievable.

He's clearly not coming back after 4 weeks so your point about them not putting him on IR is not hitting the way you hope.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 07:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: People use like 2 examples of players that took longer than expected to come back and ignore the 50 that came back on time/early and were fine. 

From hip injuries? One of the most unknown recovery injuries for athletes? 

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's one thing to wear rose colored Bengals glasses, it's another to be niave. He hasn't even worked out in this time to build strength and stamina, and it will take weeks to get the strength back in his leg once he can even walk (which he can't right now). When this news leaked it was thought to be season ending. Hips are the worse injury an athlete can suffer. 

Him still unable to walk should tell you something...... And I'm not dismissing the original leak that came out on Reddit like many others did, which have thusfar been proven correct.

You realize he played a game and a half with this injury right? Not only played, but was dominant. Ofc he can walk lol. The crutches are merely to keep pressure of it while it’s healing.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's clearly not coming back after 4 weeks so your point about them not putting him on IR is not hitting the way you hope.

The weeks don’t matter, it’s number of games with IR. If he comes back for the Titans game, and only ends up missing 3 games, not putting him on IR will have been worth it.

Dec 4th vs the Chiefs is probably more realistic though.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 12:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Pretty good for a guy who currently can't even walk right now. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty good for a guy who currently can't even walk right now. Ninja

I can't read the article but "could" is a pretty vague word to use. 

I "could" date Kate Upton...but yeah...you know. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I can't read the article but "could" is a pretty vague word to use. 

He "could" be dead but they're just covering it up. See how dumb that is? Why listen to what people are saying when you can continually to just blindly think the worst. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I can't read the article but "could" is a pretty vague word to use. 

No, it's really not vague because it could be as simple as him passing one pain test, showing one new x-ray, one stress test with his hip,one therapy session being monitored where he has the stretch to exactly where they need it, etc.

You, otoh, could not date Kate Upton because there are way too many factors that would never bring you together like you don't even know her to start.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty good for a guy who currently can't even walk right now. Ninja

Pretty good alright lol

(11-16-2022, 01:31 PM)TheFan Wrote: He "could" be dead but they're just covering it up. See how dumb that is? Why listen to what people are saying when you can continually to just blindly think the worst. 

Jaded Bengal fans is all. Cannot think positive even after all that has happened in just this year. Going to the Superbowl, nearly
winning it, starting out 0-2, getting back to .500, being 5-4 at the bye week same record as last season etc.

Still, no faith in good things happening. Chase will be back, just cannot push it. But as Nicomo said he was playing with this 
injury for a game and a half and was dominant while doing so. With some rest and getting back to 100% he should be dominant 
once again when he is full go.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty good alright lol

Jaded Bengal fans is all. Cannot think positive even after all that has happened in just this year. Going to the Superbowl, nearly
winning it, starting out 0-2, getting back to .500, being 5-4 at the bye week same record as last season etc.

Still, no faith in good things happening. Chase will be back, just cannot push it. But as Nicomo said he was playing with this 
injury for a game and a half and was dominant while doing so. With some rest and getting back to 100% he should be dominant 

Even if he needs a couple weeks to get back up to speed when he comes back, defenses still have to plan for him, and devote extra attention to him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's one thing to wear rose colored Bengals glasses, it's another to be niave. He hasn't even worked out in this time to build strength and stamina, and it will take weeks to get the strength back in his leg once he can even walk (which he can't right now). When this news leaked it was thought to be season ending. Hips are the worse injury an athlete can suffer. 

We don't know what he's been doing at the facilities. For all we know he could.be doing aqua therapy/running/workouts or other types of conditioning where he's largely keeping pressure off his legs and then using the crutches to, again, keep as.much pressure off as possible. 
Reply/Quote

Well heck, way to take a guy's gloom and doom posts and leave a big old steaming pile of crap on it..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote

A bit off topic, but how is there a "market" for Saquon?  Isn't that kind of the entire point of having a trade "deadline"?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Even if he needs a couple weeks to get back up to speed when he comes back, defenses still have to plan for him, and devote extra attention to him.

For sure, I pity the team that doesn't double Chase when he does come back and if they double him our other guys will 
be open much more often than they are now. Plus if this running game is clicking it really can be an impossible Offense 
to Defend.

(11-16-2022, 02:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: We don't know what he's been doing at the facilities. For all we know he could.be doing aqua therapy/running/workouts or other types of conditioning where he's largely keeping pressure off his legs and then using the crutches to, again, keep as.much pressure off as possible. 

All true, I am sure he is working out in the best ways possible in this new age of physical therapy.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty good alright lol

I have a hard time being optimistic with a team having multiple terrible seasons and they having their first good season in a while.
Naturally, I feel that last year was somewhat of a fluke (deep postseason run) and the team is more of a middle-of-the-pack team, especially after seeing some duds against bad teams this year (PIT, CLE).
It wasn't until after 2-3 seasons of the Andy Dalton era where they made the playoffs in a row did I think they might consistently be a good team.
If this Bengals team can get back to the playoffs and especially get a win in the playoffs again, I might finally become optimistic about them.

EDIT - This skepticism probably came from the mid-2000's Bengals when they would constantly underperform after winning the division in 2005 and being considered one of the best teams in the league, only to continuously miss the playoffs for various reasons the next 3 seasons.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: He's clearly not coming back after 4 weeks so your point about them not putting him on IR is not hitting the way you hope.

It hasn't been 4 weeks yet. Ja'Marr was cooking guys with a fractured hip. He could still do it right now. The only thing that will stop that from happening is imagining. If he were done for the year (for certain) they'd have IR'd him, and that'd be the end of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: We don't know what he's been doing at the facilities. For all we know he could.be doing aqua therapy/running/workouts or other types of conditioning where he's largely keeping pressure off his legs and then using the crutches to, again, keep as.much pressure off as possible. 

That's exactly what they do. PT with range of motion and some exercises to keep the muscles toned and active, while keeping his body weight off of it while he's ambulatory. 

It just cracks me up that people probably thing he's just laying around not doing anything and they completely forget he finished the NO game and played the whole ATL game. 

Did Bo Jackson get right up and continue playing against the Bengals and the next team? This isn't nearly a 'bo jackson type' of injury. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote