Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any news on chase?
(11-16-2022, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have a hard time being optimistic with a team having multiple terrible seasons and they having their first good season in a while.
Naturally, I feel that last year was somewhat of a fluke (deep postseason run) and the team is more of a middle-of-the-pack team, especially after seeing some duds against bad teams this year (PIT, CLE).
It wasn't until after 2-3 seasons of the Andy Dalton era where they made the playoffs in a row did I think they might consistently be a good team.
If this Bengals team can get back to the playoffs and especially get a win in the playoffs again, I might finally become optimistic about them.

EDIT - This skepticism probably came from the mid-2000's Bengals when they would constantly underperform after winning the division in 2005 and being considered one of the best teams in the league, only to continuously miss the playoffs for various reasons the next 3 seasons.

I understand but this is a completely different team with completely different coaches than those Marv days of 0-7 in the
Playoffs. For some reason the players really play hard for Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo and with Burrow on Offense and the
OL finally gaining some ground and this Defense I could see anything happening. Hell, we could be blown out by the stealers
on Sunday and our season is over, but I highly doubt it.

I think we are in for a monumental run, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I understand but this is a completely different team with completely different coaches than those Marv days of 0-7 in the
Playoffs. For some reason the players really play hard for Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo and with Burrow on Offense and the
OL finally gaining some ground and this Defense I could see anything happening. Hell, we could be blown out by the stealers

I'm going with what he said.

After all the wacky games this year, it's clear that anything can happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I understand but this is a completely different team with completely different coaches than those Marv days of 0-7 in the

It has nothing to do with who is coaching, for me.
I am skeptical of any team being a consistent winner until they do it for multiple seasons in a row.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's exactly what they do. PT with range of motion and some exercises to keep the muscles toned and active, while keeping his body weight off of it while he's ambulatory. 

It just cracks me up that people probably thing he's just laying around not doing anything and they completely forget he finished the NO game and played the whole ATL game. 

Did Bo Jackson get right up and continue playing against the Bengals and the next team? This isn't nearly a 'bo jackson type' of injury. 

And you wonder why people always post hoping for ... NO INJURIES ... in a game.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A bit off topic, but how is there a "market" for Saquon?  Isn't that kind of the entire point of having a trade "deadline"?

Nothing to see there. What they said was clearly gospel (for those who read what they wanted to hear).... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A bit off topic, but how is there a "market" for Saquon?  Isn't that kind of the entire point of having a trade "deadline"?

They're talking about his contract and what the market will be for the Giants go sign him or if he walks. He's in the final year of his deal. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:50 PM)TheFan Wrote: They're talking about his contract and what the market will be for the Giants go sign him or if he walks. He's in the final year of his deal. 

A whole bunch of thoughts and opinions but he has a blue check and so his tweet and opinion is used as some sort of ah ha gotcha clap back around here. Hey guess what guys. You can now post my tweets with my blue check! I'm equally verified, and thus my opinion is equal.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: A whole bunch of thoughts and opinions but he has a blue check and so his tweet and opinion is used as some sort of ah ha gotcha clap back around here. Hey guess what guys. You can now post my tweets with my blue check! I'm equally verified, and thus my opinion is equal.

A blue checkmark doesn't mean diddly squat, anyhow.  I know plenty of people who are exactly who they say they are, and they're still full of s#!t..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: A whole bunch of thoughts and opinions but he has a blue check and so his tweet and opinion is used as some sort of ah ha gotcha clap back around here. Hey guess what guys. You can now post my tweets with my blue check! I'm equally verified, and thus my opinion is equal.

I don't have a Twitter so not sure what youre talking about. I was just answering Sunsets question about Barkley and that it was related to contract extension for next year not the trade deadline. 

Ben Baby works for ESPN and has been covering the team in a professional role for quite a while. He has far more connections and a better pulse of what's going on than you, myself, or anyone else on the forum. To try to equate the two seems silly.
Reply/Quote

It’s not his own “thoughts and opinions” it’s what he’s being told from people inside the Bengals organization.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:20 PM)TheFan Wrote: Ben Baby works for ESPN and has been covering the team in a professional role for quite a while. He has far more connections and a better pulse of what's going on than you, myself, or anyone else on the forum. To try to equate the two seems silly.

Ben Baby was actually just reporting on what Jeremy Fowler has been told by sources inside of Paycor. But he also works for ESPN, so he’s obviously fully accredited as well. I have no idea why the news of our All Pro WR being back as early as next game would upset someone.

Reply/Quote

I think that it's just he inspires more confidence because he knows what he's doing more than Marv did and he has coaches around him that know better than Marv's assistants did.

Zac also has better control of the locker room. I get that we don't have as many (if any) players with discipline problems (or that were just crazy), but I think part of the reason that they got so out of control and were so undisciplined, on and off the field, is because Marvin never established himself as the authority figure as coach. And I'm not saying that Zac's a hard-ass as a coach, but the players know who their boss is.

As for the highlighted, we're definitely in for a monumental run in years to come, but because of how bad we played the first two games and then our inability to close out the Ravens game, we'll definitely need some help and we won't have much room for error the rest of the way.

When this team makes the playoffs, all bets are off and Joe can take us to the big show again!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ben Baby was actually just reporting on what Jeremy Fowler has been told by sources inside of Paycor. But he also works for ESPN, so he’s obviously fully accredited as well. I have no idea why the news of our All Pro WR being back as early as next game would upset someone.

I don't think anyone is upset that Chase may be coming back soon. I think some are just suggesting "could" really doesn't mean jack.

It really doesn't matter if Chase himself told Ben this. 

Hell, I could be starting WR in the KC game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think anyone is upset that Chase may be coming back soon. I think some are just suggesting "could" really doesn't mean jack.

You playing WR for the Bengals…

The other dude dating Kate Upton…

Yeah, nothing silly going on in this thread at all. LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:04 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'm going with what he said.

After all the wacky games this year, it's clear that anything can happen.

Been the craziest frickin' year man.

(11-16-2022, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It has nothing to do with who is coaching, for me.
I am skeptical of any team being a consistent winner until they do it for multiple seasons in a row.

Wild, has everything to do to me. When I watched the AFC Championship game in KC and when I saw Zac and we were down 
by 18 points just enjoying himself on the sideline I just knew this team was going to come back and win. I could never say that 
one single time in all of Marvin Lewis's years. Lou's Defense on top of that in the second half? Shit, this team can do anything. Mellow

(11-16-2022, 08:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think that it's just he inspires more confidence because he knows what he's doing more than Marv did and he has coaches around him that know better than Marv's assistants did.

Zac also has better control of the locker room. I get that we don't have as many (if any) players with discipline problems (or that were just crazy), but I think part of the reason that they got so out of control and were so undisciplined, on and off the field, is because Marvin never established himself as the authority figure as coach. And I'm not saying that Zac's a hard-ass as a coach, but the players know who their boss is.

As for the highlighted, we're definitely in for a monumental run in years to come, but because of how bad we played the first two games and then our inability to close out the Ravens game, we'll definitely need some help and we won't have much room for error the rest of the way.

When this team makes the playoffs, all bets are off and Joe can take us to the big show again!

Oh yeah, gonna be tough as HELL. We will see come Sunday what is really going on. This is a must win game.

I will completely change my tune if we lose. Just being honest of what I think will happen, I could be very wrong and we just 
dug ourselves too big of a hole early and we just cannot play the AFC North like the Stains game insinuates. Thing is, that is 
just one game against one team in the AFC North. I am not convinced that even the Stains have our number if just a few things
go right for us against them for once.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You playing WR for the Bengals…

The other dude dating Kate Upton…

Yeah, nothing silly going on in this thread at all. LOL

I have as many catches in the NFL this year as Stanley Morgan. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have as many catches in the NFL this year as Stanley Morgan. 

Well at least special teams have been humming. Oh wait…

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think anyone is upset that Chase may be coming back soon. I think some are just suggesting "could" really doesn't mean jack.

I'm confused how it doesn't matter. How is it not progress/positive that he could be playing in a couple weeks (which is what was predicted all along) when some people here still think it could be a season long/career threatening injury? 
Reply/Quote

Definitely would have been my choice if Chase was put on IR. 

Could also definitely see Weezy dating Kate Upton as well. 

Might take a roofie laced tequila shot for Kate and some performance enhancing drugs for Bfine though. But they "could" and wish them both success.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 02:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Definitely would have been my choice if Chase was put on IR. 

Could also definitely see Weezy dating Kate Upton as well. 

Might take a roofie laced tequila shot for Kate and some performance enhancing drugs for Bfine though. But they "could" and wish them both success.   

Weezy gonna have to fight her Astros boyfriend for her hand most likely first. Mellow
Reply/Quote