Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Anybody to re look that draft strategy
Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember when we went CB/CB? We can't draft well when it takes any thought. ( Burrow was a no-brainer ).
Reply/Quote
I wanted to do a Defensive line thread in the draft section this week but didnt really have the time. It does look like there will be a few good choices for edge rushers at the top of the second round...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB

Synric's been saying since week 3 or so, that we need a pass rusher and I agree.

Will also say, not playing your best pass rushers EXCEPT for 3rd down, doesn't help either.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Pfff. Just line up in 3-4 without having any 3-4 OLBs on the roster. 85 Bears defense. 
Reply/Quote
I find it funny that what was supposed to be strength going into the season has digressed to this. Dline that is. If it were just one of the veterans "falling off", that would be one thing, but that's not the case. Suddenly none of them can play well?

This is a mutiny against a terrible DC.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I find it funny that what was supposed to be strength going into the season has digressed to this. Dline that is. If it were just one of the veterans "falling off", that would be one thing, but that's not the case. Suddenly none of them can play well?

When a team is built for a 4-3, you can't just automatically switch to a 3-4 and have schemes/concepts for that.

Looks like the team isn't agreeing on that either; if you play nickle 80% of the time anyways, why don't you have pass rushers out there? Why is it constant run-stoppers?
Reply/Quote
Interesting to see how well PFF says the Defense did.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I find it funny that what was supposed to be strength going into the season has digressed to this. Dline that is. If it were just one of the veterans "falling off", that would be one thing, but that's not the case. Suddenly none of them can play well?

2 out of 4 starters are out with injury, another one is playing hurt, and the 4th has gotten benched for poor play and acting like a clown.  Don't know many units that will play well in those circumstances.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't even hold them to a d*mn field goal.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: When a team is built for a 4-3, you can't just automatically switch to a 3-4 and have schemes/concepts for that.

Looks like the team isn't agreeing on that either; if you play nickle 80% of the time anyways, why don't you have pass rushers out there? Why is it constant run-stoppers?

The only semi-effective healthy pass rusher we have is Lawson.
Reply/Quote
We're going to have to dip in to free agency again no matter what. Edge rushers usually cost more in FA, so the draft may be the best spot for that with OL getting the focus in FA. Getting Spain on a multi year deal would help, too.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting to see how well PFF says the Defense did.

They can't say anything that is interesting. The final drive is all I needed to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Synric's been saying since week 3 or so, that we need a pass rusher and I agree.

Will also say, not playing your best pass rushers EXCEPT for 3rd down, doesn't help either.

I thought we played Lawson more than just on 3rd down 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Not sure why this thread got dinged with a one star rating, but the DL is absolutely as much of a problem as the OL is. This is 2 games in a row now that the lack of pass rush has cost us a win.

Go BPA at OL or DL in the early rounds.

Reply/Quote
Unless the Bengals end up picking top 3 there's a good chance Micah Parsons will be their best pick. If top 3, then Sewell would probably be best pick if he's as advertised. If top 2, then try to trade for a king's ransom.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:54 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Unless the Bengals end up picking top 3 there's a good chance Micah Parsons will be their best pick. If top 3, then Sewell would probably be best pick if he's as advertised. If top 2, then try to trade for a king's ransom.

If it is a top two pick, I would still possibly be upset if they traded it. Sewell is as good as it gets when it comes to tackle prospects. I could be swayed, though. This team has glaring holes at both guard positions and the defensive line. It would really depend on what they do in free agency. Maybe Spain is signed and looks great or XSF looks good.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Synric's been saying since week 3 or so, that we need a pass rusher and I agree.

Not just a pass rusher an Edge Defender...someone that can play 85% of the snaps and do it all. A destroyer of offensive game plans.

Kwity Paye had a huge game Saturday against Daniel Faalele.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Not just a pass rusher an Edge Defender...someone that can play 85% of the snaps and do it all. A destroyer of offensive game plans.

Kwity Paye had a huge game Saturday against Daniel Faalele.

Yes he did; took notice of him because of his name (LOL) and he didn't disappoint.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB

It's certainly a major need.  

We're due for some decent luck.  Maybe Adenji or Fred (or maybe Quinton Spain if he makes it onto the roster) can step in and show that they are worthy of a starting spot.
Reply/Quote