Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone starting to get worried about Burrow?
Outside of the Cardinals game he has looked mediocre for the most part, thank God the defense bailed the offense out again today...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Outside of the Cardinals game he has looked mediocre for the most part, thank God the defense bailed the offense out again today...

No.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Outside of the Cardinals game he has looked mediocre for the most part, thank God the defense bailed the offense out again today...

No, not at all. Still battling the injury. I expect huge improvements going forward. Seattle is a good team BTw. They sacked Daniel jones 11 times. Had we played them 2 weeks ago, we would have had the same result as the titans game.
Reply/Quote

Here is a write up I found, and I couldn’t say it better.

Confession? I don't have a freaking clue how Joe Burrow's calf magically healed over the last two weeks. And I was certainly concerned Burrow might have forced things against the Cardinals last week in a "must win" spot and, similar to the fallout from his performance against the Rams, we might see a little injury regression against Seattle in Week 6. That wasn't the case at all, with Burrow looking downright spry at times, including an almost shocking scramble around with several Seahawks defenders chasing him.

The box score doesn't scream "explosive offense" -- Cincy won a grinder 17-13 -- but Burrow was efficient, looked healthy and, most importantly, the Bengals moved to 3-3 as they head into a much-needed bye week.

Burrow said earlier this week he felt "close to 100 percent" back from the calf injury and, quite frankly, I didn't believe him. Did this dude fly to Germany midweek to get some kind of Kobe Bryant knee treatment on his calf? The NFL on CBS crew passed along Burrow's explanation: rest, better diet, hydration and routine, basically.

Whatever happened, it's working. Burrow suffered the injury in training camp on July 27 -- it's been less than three months since the initial injury, but it feels like an eternity since those steamy summer days -- before tweaking his injured calf in a Week 2 loss to the Ravens. Things got so dark some lunatic fringe Bengals fans suggested throwing Burrow on injured reserve to "save the season."

Instead, Burrow worked through it and did just that without missing any time. Getting to .500 isn't the Bengals goal. They want to win the Super Bowl. But at various points already in this young season it felt like a possible lost year for Burrow and Co. Instead, they're heading into a Week 7 bye knowing Burrow will only get healthier over the next two weeks with massive matchups against the 49ers and Bills looming immediately after the break.

Ja'Marr Chase didn't follow up his Week 5 explosion with a repeat performance, but he did finish with six catches (on 13 targets) for 80 yards. Tyler Boyd stepped up with Tee Higgins hurt and the Bengals managed to move the ball pretty effectively without any semblance of a run game.

Burrow also is starting to push the ball downfield a more effectively, although his Next Gen Stats passing chart from this week was a little less vertical than last week's breakout game.

Still, the style of offense is a lot less concerning to me than Burrow passing the eye test from a movement perspective. He was completely hobbled in the pocket from Week 2 through Week 4. Scrambling wasn't even an option. The last two weeks he's been a different player, movement wise.

There is nothing easy about the Cincy schedule coming out of the break: They head to San Francisco in Week 8, get the Bills at home after that and then the Texans, Ravens, Steelers and Jaguars are on deck after that. Every single one of those teams is a playoff contender. But the Bengals with a healthy Burrow can run as hot as any team in the league and with a morbid sense of dread now replaced with renewed optimism, Bengals fans should go into every single game the rest of the season believing they can win.
Reply/Quote
Close this thread/post
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:47 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Close this thread/post

Ditto, dude is completing 70% of his passes with 5 TDs and 2 Ints the last two weeks. He is getting better, obviously.
Reply/Quote
Not really. He WAS inaccurate today but he also acknowledged that it has ti improve. He has two weeks. Hopefully that is long enough.
Reply/Quote
Check out Josh Allen’s 1st half against the Giants…

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not really. He WAS inaccurate today but he also acknowledged that it has ti improve. He has two weeks. Hopefully that is long enough.

I think he was #3 this week in completion percentage.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. Cigar smoking can cause emphysema.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:55 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think he was #3 this week in completion percentage.

Not quite that high. He is seventh so far. 
Reply/Quote
Nope, heck he threw 15 straight completions at one point.

Think he will look much more like his old self after bye week lets him heal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Between the Arizona game and the 1st half today Burrow had:

460 yards
5 TD’s
1 INT
113.2 passer rating

The 2nd half was obviously ugly, but there’s been plenty to be encouraged about the last couple weeks.

Reply/Quote
I don’t mean to be a jerk but there’s absolutely no point to “worrying” about Burrow at this point. Players respond to injuries in such varying ways that it’s impossible to take one half of football and extrapolate it out to guess how Burrow is going to look in the future.

Burrow looks reasonably healthy for the first time so essentially this was week 1 for him and that first half was just a preview of what he’s capable of. Yes he’s going to have some backward steps but I just don’t think we are at the point of “worry” for Joe at this point as far as his play is concerned.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Hell, I'm just now starting to NOT get worried about Burrow, I was worried earlier in the year. but not after the last 2 weeks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

He has 2 full seasons of elite play and 5 games where he's average while being injured.

I am not rushing to any conclusions.
Reply/Quote
No, the least of my worries
Reply/Quote
Its much easier to complete 70% of your passes when most of your throws are dink and dunk.

The offense struggled bad in the second half. The only reason we even managed to score 3 points in the 2nd half was because CTB got an interception that put the team in field goal range. If not for that interception, the Bengals are blanked in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, yeah.

We’re paying him to be that guy. He hasn’t been that guy in his career. Defense bails him
Out way too often

Postseason trends are showing themselves in the regular season.

Shit needs to stop.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 11:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Between the Arizona game and the 1st half today Burrow had:

460 yards
5 TD’s
1 INT
113.2 passer rating

The 2nd half was obviously ugly, but there’s been plenty to be encouraged about the last couple weeks.

Agree. Second half was just weird. He was hitting throws in the first that were simply unreal. Then he comes out and is throwing way behind his targets. There was zip on the throws, they were just off. I don't recall ever seeing him do that. I've seen him start off a little inaccurate, then come back on fire, but never the other way around until yesterday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote