Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arby's apologizes after officer is denied service for being a cop
(09-04-2015, 02:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's almost like we know their nonsense before they post lol

Troll gets trolled and then pretends they didn't know they were being trolled.  Film at 11.
(09-04-2015, 02:26 AM) pid=\55338' Wrote:It's almost like we know their nonsense before they post lol

It's his (GHB) version of accusing everyone who disagrees with him of watching Faux News.  He read her in college don't you know.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(09-04-2015, 02:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Troll gets trolled and then pretends they didn't know they were being trolled.  Film at 11.

Who is the troll, the trollee and the fake surprised troll?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-04-2015, 09:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's his (GHB) version of accusing everyone who disagrees with him of watching Faux News.  He read her in college don't you know.

Lol
(09-03-2015, 05:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If a business limits their customer base then they will be out of business soon enough.  

No they won't.  In fact it seems that when a  business shows it is willing to discriminate it gets more support.

There is a very large portion of the population that still likes segregation.  Here where I live the majority would definitely favor and support a business that discriminated against gays.
(09-04-2015, 09:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No they won't.  In fact it seems that when a  business shows it is willing to discriminate it gets more support.

Kind of like the news networks that skew their programming.
(09-04-2015, 09:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No they won't.  In fact it seems that when a  business shows it is willing to discriminate it gets more support.

So what?  Private businesses should have the right to determine who they serve or won't serve and if they either fall on their azzes or flourish, then what's the harm being done?

If someone doesn't want my business, it's fine with me.  I'd rather spend my money where I'm appreciated and welcomed as a customer. 
(09-04-2015, 10:31 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So what?  Private businesses should have the right to determine who they serve or won't serve and if they either fall on their azzes or flourish, then what's the harm being done?

If someone doesn't want my business, it's fine with me.  I'd rather spend my money where I'm appreciated and welcomed as a customer. 

So what?

The Jim Crow South, that's what.  Educate yourself. 

It is easy for you to say this since you are not a minority that would suffer from the discrimination.  
(09-04-2015, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So what?

The Jim Crow South, that's what.  Educate yourself. 

It is easy for you to say this since you are not a minority that would suffer from the discrimination.  

While I think that it's stupid for a business to refuse service to anyone for some idiotic reason like race or sexuality, I think that's the choice that a business owner should have. 
(09-04-2015, 10:47 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: While I think that it's stupid for a business to refuse service to anyone for some idiotic reason like race or sexuality, I think that's the choice that a business owner should have. 

Of course you do.  You are not a minority.  

Too bad for you that our country does not allow minorities or protected classes of people to be discriminated against.

Personally I oppose discrimination.  I believe in treating people equally.  I believe in treating other people with respect and dignity.  But I also have a heart and morals.  
(09-04-2015, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Personally I oppose discrimination.  I believe in treating people equally.  I believe in treating other people with respect and dignity.  But I also have a heart and morals.  

I believe in those same things, except I also believe in freedom. 
(09-04-2015, 09:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's his (GHB) version of accusing everyone who disagrees with him of watching Faux News.  He read her in college don't you know.

I'm glad you posted this, because I have zero doubt in my mind that you, Lucie, and bfine32 all watch Faux News far more than you should (which is to say at all).
(09-04-2015, 12:16 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'm glad you posted this, because I have zero doubt in my mind that you, Lucie, and bfine32 all watch Faux News far more than you should (which is to say at all).

Again incorrect.  I haven't seen Fox News in I don't know how long, but continue to stereotype if it helps you understand this big confusing world.

(09-04-2015, 12:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Again incorrect.  I haven't seen Fox News in I don't know how long, but continue to stereotype if it helps you understand this big confusing world.

I'll take your word for it, especially since you seem to make up your own mind and never repeat demonstrably false claims only circulated within the right wing echo chamber. 
(09-04-2015, 12:15 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I believe in those same things, except I also believe in freedom. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-04-2015, 12:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

So in your mind, a woman can choose abortion because it's her body and therefore her choice.

A business owner choosing who to not sell a freaking hamburger to somebody for what reason exactly?
(09-04-2015, 12:15 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I believe in those same things, except I also believe in freedom. 

But you can't promote two exclusive beliefs at the same time.

You value the freedom to discriminate MORE than treating all people equally or treating them with respect and dignity.

I value treating all people equally with respect and dignity MORE than giving a person the "freedom" to do something I see as wrong i.e. discriminate against a person solely based on race, religion, or sex.

And history has pretty much proven what happens when people are given the "freedom" to discriminate against minorities.  It never works out well for the minorities.

I think too many mean, greedy, racists, selfish people use "freedom" as an excuse to hide behind. Because no one is getting any special privileges. The only thing the law does is make everyone be treated the same. What kind of person can really disagree with this?
(09-04-2015, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you can't promote to exclusive beliefs at the same time.

You value the freedom to discriminate MORE than treating all people equally or treating them with respect and dignity.

I value treating all people equally with respect and dignity MORE than giving a person the "freedom" to do something I see as wrong i.e. discriminate against a person solely based on race, religion, or sex.

And history has pretty much proven what happens when people are given the "freedom" to discriminate against minorities.  It never works out well for the minorities.

You see it as wrong.  I see it as stupid for a business owner to do.  I don't feel like I have the right to tell a private business owner who they have to serve.  It's none of my business.  It's his business.  It's his product.  The products belong to HIM.  If he wants to be an idiot and refuse a sale, let him. 
(09-04-2015, 01:06 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So in your mind, a woman can choose abortion because it's her body and therefore her choice.

A business owner choosing who to not sell a freaking hamburger to somebody for what reason exactly?

False analogy.

In the first case the fetus does not have individual rights equal to the mother because the fetus is not an individual separate from the mothers body.

In the second case the business owner would be legally allowed to refuse to serve police officers because police officers are not members of a protected class.  But Arby's never did this.  Instead a random clerk working at an Arby's tried to make that decision when he did not have the authority.
(09-04-2015, 01:09 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: You see it as wrong.  I see it as stupid for a business owner to do.  I don't feel like I have the right to tell a private business owner who they have to serve.  It's none of my business.  It's his business.  It's his product.  The products belong to HIM.  If he wants to be an idiot and refuse a sale, let him. 

Except he would not be an idiot here where I live.  In fact the places that refused service to homosexuals would be so much more popular that every business would start doing it.

You just need to look at what has happened pretty much every time in history it has been legal anywhere on earth to discriminate against minorities.  It pretty much never ends up good for the minorities.