Browns
3.33%
2 3.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Browns Better Than Bengals?
(07-15-2018, 04:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: * The Bengals have been better than a lot of teams, since 2003.

* (except in playoff games coached by Marvin Lewis)

Very true. He seems to be the hurdle. However, although I'm not giving him a pass, when you have some coaches on your team you can't get rid of because they are friends with the owner. Or you have to get approval from MB for every little thing you do or wish do to and are shot down? Well, not sure how much we can blame him for that. WTS, he has acted very inexperienced and confused a few times during games on what to do. That's on him.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Entering the season, absolutely no way Browns are better.

By the end of the season, very very low chance the Browns will be better.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: Because of the guy they made the number one pick in the draft and the red hot seat under Hue's ass and because Hue is an ass with no business being a HC and they will lose and then see what happens
Yup,
The nano second after Taylor's first interception the fans will be screaming for Mayfield. Then when Mayfield starts struggling they'll be screaming for Taylor back or whoever is QB #3. One can see it developing into a musical QB's situation real fast.
I'd be shocked if Hue won't have an extremely short leash this season which will make him more likely to pull the plug on whichever QB is in. It well could get ugly !
Reply/Quote
Nope, not with Hue as HC.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
One of Tyrod or Beckham jr jr will tear their acl/mcl early in the season and any momentum that team had will be snuffed. They still have a long way to go.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 07:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: One of Tyrod or Beckham jr jr will tear their acl/mcl early in the season and any momentum that team had will be snuffed. They still have a long way to go.

Did I miss something here, is OBJ not still a NYG?

Reply/Quote
Bengals are a 10-12 win team, the Browns are a 4-6 win team
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bengals are a 10-12 win team, the Browns are a 4-6 win team

Bingo.  No way are they better than us, at least for now.  They have a long way to go to get to that point.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 07:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did I miss something here, is OBJ not still a NYG?

Ditto - I don't recall OBJ signing with Cleveland.  Maybe he means the off field issue waiting to happen Gordon.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:20 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Bingo.  No way are they better than us, at least for now.  They have a long way to go to get to that point.

I do really like the way they are being put together, though, and I am hopeful they will rise and be very competitive.  I would never want them to beat the Bengals, but it would sure be nice to see the state of Ohio send Piggy out with an 0-4 against the state of Ohio.  I know they hate them probably as much, if not more, than we do. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 11:40 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Funny how the bengals go 7-9 and the media acts like they were 0-16 lmao. 7-9 was disappointing but no reason to act like the browns are suddenly better than the bengals. Just ignore this crap until the season starts

This is an excellent point.  After 5 consecutive playoff appearances, you think there would be some equity that they would have earned, but two down seasons in a row and everyone assumes they are going to continue that downward spiral.  It is amazing how much higher the standards are now than even compared to the Palmer Era.  They had the one magical season, 2005, but then struggled to do much of anything for some time after that.  

I think the Bengals are built well to stay consistently near the top of our division if they can hit on just a few of their recent high draft picks. John Ross(who I hope is this year's WJIII),Tyler Boyd, Billy Price, Jessie Bates, Sam Hubbard, and guys like 3rd rounder Jordan Willis are all guys that could be very big pieces in 2018-19.  

They don't have the cap issues that many top teams have...I mean, the Rams are loaded, but have no way of keeping half of the talent they have acquired in just one year.  I get it...all or nothing, but I think the Bengals should be very competitive year in and year out moving forward.  

This is as excited as I have been about the team in a long time.  New coaches, new talent, competition at almost every position group....

This is going to be fun.  
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 11:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On paper, the Browns certainly appear to be a much improved team.  Every year, it seems, we see teams that make a ton of roster moves, get a lot of attention from the media, and turn out to be just another "collection of individuals".  Sure, they may very well be a much improved team, but I'm betting that it will take some time to get them to all come together as a team.  Yes, Jacksonville pulled it off last season, and now they are the latest fad, in terms of the "model" to go by in roster turnover.  In my mind, the Jags success last year is more the anomaly than the norm, in terms of success rate from huge roster turnover.

Of course I am biased, but I think the Bengals have done a good job of improving roster stock this offseason, and addressing key areas for improvement.  I see the Bengals as competing for the Division title, and the Browns looking win 5 or 6 games.

The Jags example is a good one, but they were very much built on the defensive side of the ball, and then they got Fournette.  I loved that pick for them.  Gave their team an attitude. 

They also got a huge benefit from their division, as Andrew Luck was out injured, and the Titans lost Deshawn Watson.  The Titans were a solid football team.

I just re-watched their playoff game against the steelers and I can't get over how aggressive their offense stayed when they were up 3 TDs. 
Good thing, as the steelers were able to bear-hug every defensive player and Jax couldn't stop them at all.  45-42.  What a game.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really doubt Mayfield starts at all this season.

Really bet he does
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:   

This is as excited as I have been about the team in a long time.  New coaches, new talent, competition at almost every position group....

This is going to be fun.  

Yes it is. I’m pretty stoked about it all and the season can’t get here soon enough.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really bet he does

Me to,

I wouldn't be shocked if he's not starting day one. But if I had to bet, I'd bet he's starting before the season is over.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes it is. I’m pretty stoked about it all and the season can’t get here soon enough.

I'm tempering my expectations as best I can but I'm very anxious to get pre-season started and see what we got and what happens.
Reply/Quote
I think I might be in the minority, but if the Browns can get Taylor to manage a game without turning the ball over like all of their QB's did last year, the Browns are a lot closer than most think from competing.

I will say, I think they have the starting lineup to compete with anyone any given Sunday more so this year than they did last year by far. On paper, they have a solid team. Now if they can get the coaches to form a winning mentality, they could be a lot more dangerous than many want to believe just because they are the "Browns".
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 09:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me to,

I wouldn't be shocked if he's not starting day one. But if I had to bet, I'd bet he's starting before the season is over.

Hue will be fired in October after starting 1-5 or 0-6. Todd Haley will be promoted to interim head coach and will come in and turn the reigns over to Mayfield in what will be described as seeing what he has in the cupboard.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 09:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm tempering my expectations as best I can but I'm very anxious to get pre-season started and see what we got and what happens.

Oh trust me, I get it. Seems like no matter how bright the sun has shined on this team, a huge storm cloud arrives and steals the light.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really bet he does

Well the Browns do a lot of stupid shit so it’s certainly possible. Not a good way to start your future franchise QB off though. It would make the most sense for him to sit behind Taylor for at least a year.

Reply/Quote