Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Browns Better Than Bengals?
(07-17-2018, 08:28 PM)Steve Wrote: 12-4
id rather be wrong high,
than wrong low....

Well, if youre thinking 12-4 then you certainly must be high.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 09:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: D
And who were the other QB’s available to those teams at the time? Doubt many of them had good options.

If you have a very serviceable and experienced QB for your future franchise QB to learn from you utilize him. Especially when your team won 0 games the previous season. The Browns are not going anywhere this year, there’s no reason to rush Mayfield and throw him to the wolves.

I get what you're saying and mostly agree. But you gotta factor in that Hue is sitting on a four burner gas grill on high with the lid closed !

They come out of the gate 1-3, 0-4 under Taylor everybody and his brother is gonna be screaming for Mayfield. Perhaps even 0-2 depending on how they look ?

And on the other hand he starts Mayfield and they're 0-2 everybody is gonna be screaming for Taylor, Hue is in a quite bad position ! And given Mayfield's "past" it even adds more pressure.

Or in other words Mayfield better be hitting home runs and fast ! After going 1-31 under Hue there's no wiggle room, add in 3-13 the previous season and that's 4-44 over the last 3 years !

There's gonna be a zero tolerance policy in Cleveland I'm sure
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 07:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, I think you know I meant the Texans.  And it is loosing.  

Thanks for fixing my typo. Oh it’s deshaun. Since we’re keeping track.

Anyway this is getting pedantic so I’ll stop.

On topic: on paper the browns actually look really good but until they can string some wins together it doesn’t matter.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 10:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Who will have the better record this year? I was watching ESPN the other day and they think the Browns have a better chance to make the playoffs this year and a better overall team. I totally disagree and think the Bengals will win more games. The Browns have shored up some components, but the Bengals still have a unit that plays winning football. It is all about the W and I don't see the Browns winning more than 5 games. I just hope we continue to win the Battle of Ohio.

2 people are in the wrong message board.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:40 PM)Steve Wrote: baby Ben is slowing down....I doubt he'll start every game this season...& when he retires they should stumble....& Bells out after this year....So I think next year, 2019,  they may be in the AFC cellar... Hilarious

w/ Lamar Jackson starting next year in Balt,  I see the Ravens as the #1 problem in the future....& don't overlook the Browns...at some point, they have to get better..
Dalton should have 4-5 great years left...same w/ A.J.
so I like our future the next 4-5 years
we have to keep a solid O-line....that is a must....I hope we've learned that....DRAFT WISELY...

I don't think that's too far off. With the NASCAR driver looking Flacco at the helm, Baltimore is a decent post season team, but they underperform in the regular season. They've got a "good not great" kind of team around him. If they can add a piece or two and develop their next QB over the next two years — barring injuries — they should be in fine shape for a good 4-6 year run. 

Pitt, on the other hand, is holding things together with bailing wire and Bell. And if it's true he turned down $70 million, that's got to mean Bell has plans to hit the road. If Pitt doesn't make some significant moves this season, all the bad officiating and underhanded moves in the world aren't going to help them.  
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 09:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Bengals went to the Super Bowl in the 1950's ? I didn't know ?  Ninja

I was born in the 50s and remember the Bengals playing in the super bowl, just not in a 1950s super bowl ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 09:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: D
And who were the other QB’s available to those teams at the time? Doubt many of them had good options.

If you have a very serviceable and experienced QB for your future franchise QB to learn from you utilize him. Especially when your team won 0 games the previous season. The Browns are not going anywhere this year, there’s no reason to rush Mayfield and throw him to the wolves.

Actually, most of those guys started over established QBs and the others were brought in to replace them.  I don't view it as "throwing him to the wolves", as much as letting him get out there and grow with his team.  

Dalton started as a rookie on a team that was supposed to go winless, and made the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Actually, most of those guys started over established QBs and the others were brought in to replace them.  I don't view it as "throwing him to the wolves", as much as letting him get out there and grow with his team.  

Dalton started as a rookie on a team that was supposed to go winless, and made the playoffs. 

And Palmer (who was also a #1OA like Mayfield) sat behind Kitna for year. This is what he said about not starting his first year:

"I think it's the best thing for me and the team and the organization," Palmer said. "They've made an investment in me, and it's going to take time for me to pay back that investment. I'm going to have to learn this offense and get used to the NFL."

Reply/Quote
NO!!!!!!!!!  next question.....

[Image: jzf6g5R5b_q5EJvYYJkT8ZDAviKdq1fvv_sNihCx...7_AAA=s113]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hails naw The Browns aren't better than The Bengals.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
Once again they will get flushed down.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Palmer (who was also a #1OA like Mayfield) sat behind Kitna for year. This is what he said about not starting his first year:

"I think it's the best thing for me and the team and the organization," Palmer said. "They've made an investment in me, and it's going to take time for me to pay back that investment. I'm going to have to learn this offense and get used to the NFL."

That is the politically correct answer, from Palmer, but I wonder how this team would have performed in 2004 had Palmer been able to start in 2003.  All water under the Roebling now, but I have thought of this before. 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 09:42 AM)Beaker Wrote: Well, if youre thinking 12-4 then you certainly must be high
yes...
but id feel this way un-420 too....
12-4 is not a reach
IF.....
the O-line is above average.....
we have the weapons on offense that can blow games open....
we click on all cylinders & we're in the S.B. DingDing
Reply/Quote
Just watched Hard Knocks and man does Jarvis Landry look good. He’s going to be a handful. WJ3 needs to be on him every play.

Reply/Quote
For the last time, hell no the Browns are not better than the Bengals. Rock On

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Definitely not better than us. I don't get all the Tyrod Taylor love. There's a reason why the Bills ditched him. There's a even more pronounced reason why he doesn't throw interceptions: it's because he doesn't throw the ball when he has opportunities but rather runs East and West and eventually gets sacked or runs out of bounds; he's not the answer and I look for Mayfield sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just watched Hard Knocks and man does Jarvis Landry look good. He’s going to be a handful. WJ3 needs to be on him every play.

Well, Callaway got popped for Marijuana, so count him suspended for part of the season......
Reply/Quote
Caught a clip of Hue trying to motivate the team by saying "You have to earn your brown stripe on your helmet". I had to laugh - seriously - earn a brown stripe? That's about like back in the day telling the high school kid at McDonalds - kid you've got to earn your paper grill cook hat.
Reply/Quote
Watching hard knocks now. So glad we don’t have Hugh as head coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
They may be better all they want but they shall NOT beat the Bengals ever.
Reply/Quote