Browns
3.33%
2 3.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Browns Better Than Bengals?
Let's start with Browns 2017 were 0-16 and Bengals were 7-9. So, all be equal Browns have to be 7 games better.

Then let's do addition by subtraction. We added a good LT, the Browns have to replace Anthony Munoz (Joe Thomas) which we know is near impossible immediately.

We added a 1st round center and have 3 guards with another year of experience. Our right and left tackle positions were not good the entire year. Any improvement at RT is an upgrade and any improvement at center is an upgrade. We have 2 or 3 WR that may take huge jumps, Boyd, Ross and Malone and a surprise possibly in Tate. Green had arguably his worst year as a pro, I am confident that won't happen in 2018.

As of now we 3 healthy TE;s with one being a great pass catcher when healthy and Kroft has proven reliable.

We have Gio past the 18 months mark from major knee surgery. I think the rookie Walton will contribute as well in 2018.
Lawson has possibility to be as good as Browns 1st round DE in 2017.
Jackson has a year of playing now.

This list goes on, the Browns will be better and may 5 or 6 games, but I don't see them winning 9 to 11 games. I see the Bengals winning 9 to 11 and yes making the Browns their whipping boys again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Lets see....

NOO not even close.
Reply/Quote
I'm very sure the Bengals are better than the Browns. However, people around here just love to point out that we went 9-7 and made the playoffs in 2011 when the rest of the world expected us to go 0-16. So ida know...new rookie QB can win stuff maybe. Never say never and all that.

Well, maybe say never if it's the Browns.
Reply/Quote
No.

I just hope the Bengals aren't the team the Browns snap their winless streak.
Reply/Quote
Are the Browns better than the Bengals- No. But, the were in a lot of the games they lost last year, it's not like they got blown out all the time. I suspect they get a fair amount of wins this year.
Reply/Quote
Just suppose that the Browns put together a 50/50 season, 8-8 or something like that. Their fans would just melt down when the following draft they're not picking #1 overall . They seem to go into sell off mode to get the #1 pick even when they don't have to and hollow out the core of their team every time. I'm going to predict that IF they can manage to win half their games they'll go right back into sell mode for the #1 pick then miss again and be right back where they started, 0-16.. It's a perpetual cycle for them. The Browns love them some #1 overall picks. Can anyone even imagine them trading down in the draft to pick later instead of up for the shiny new #1 pick?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 10:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm very sure the Bengals are better than the Browns.  However, people around here just love to point out that we went 9-7 and made the playoffs in 2011 when the rest of the world expected us to  go 0-16.  So ida know...new rookie QB can win stuff maybe.  Never say never and all that.

Well, maybe say never if it's the Browns.

new rookie qb wont be playing lol...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 09:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: new rookie qb wont be playing lol...

Oh, yes he will, first time they lose three in a row.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Lol at the 2 people that voted Browns in this poll. This team is still really BAD.

I was probably wrong about Mayfield not starting this season. Taylor looks awful.

Reply/Quote
Dunno if anyone else is watching the game, but these Browns look like trash.

Mayfield might be coming in sooner rather than later
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 10:34 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Dunno if anyone else is watching the game, but these Browns look like trash.

Mayfield might be coming in sooner rather than later

Baker Mayfield is going to eat us alive!! 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 10:50 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Baker Mayfield is going to eat us alive!! 

Eh, Luck and Flacco both put up big numbers against us, but we beat both.

Reply/Quote
Good job bringing this thread back.

We be much better than the Stains i say. This is the one game i saw early they should win....

If not, Hue is on the hot seat big time. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good job bringing this thread back.

We be much better than the Stains i say. This is the one game i saw early they should win....

Todd Haley should be their coach. Hue is clueless.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good job bringing this thread back.

I'd say o fer 4, 5 tops Hue's gonna be in unemployment line.
Reply/Quote
I think the Browns have a ton of talent and will be the better team but not this year. In a couple years they will be fine. Their D has a lot of potential, the dline is pretty darn good. They can use a play making LB but who can't. Their DB's are pretty young but good. On the offense they need a couple tackles, kinda like us. I liked the Njoku pick, Baker was meh but may be the best QB they've had in some time. They have a great slot receiver, they just need that stud WR that can stretch the field along with better play from their Oline. This of course is pointless if the rookie QB dosent pan out. All in all I like what they've done the past two years as far as FA's and draft picks, even the coaches and GM go. This may be the most talented 0-16 or 0-32 team we will ever see.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I think the Browns have a ton of talent and will be the better team but not this year. In a couple years they will be fine. Their D has a lot of potential, the dline is pretty darn good. They can use a play making LB but who can't. Their DB's are pretty young but good. On the offense they need a couple tackles, kinda like us. I liked the Njoku pick, Baker was meh but may be the best QB they've had in some time. They have a great slot receiver, they just need that stud WR that can stretch the field along with better play from their Oline. This of course is pointless if the rookie QB dosent pan out. All in all I like what they've done the past two years as far as FA's and draft picks, even the coaches and GM go. This may be the most talented 0-16 or 0-32 team we will ever see.

I agree except for bolded above. You mention so casually they need 2 tackles, then say like us. Our LT Glenn is a monster. 

Mayfield is impressive tonight, they just tied it and he looks sharp.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Browns are good. The Browns scare me.

I think the Browns have the same issue we do. Confidence.

And I do not want them to get any against us. As talented as we are on offense. The Browns are stacked with young talent in key positions. Oh and its not like Hue is clueless when it comes down to our staff, players, organization.

It would not surprise me to see the Browns kick any teams ass. And did I mention Hue? Do you remember when John Gruden won the Superbowl against the team he coached the year before?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:59 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Browns are good. The Browns scare me.

I think the Browns have the same issue we do. Confidence.

And I do not want them to get any against us. As talented as we are on offense. The Browns are stacked with young talent in key positions. Oh and its not like Hue is clueless when it comes down to our staff, players, organization.

It would not surprise me to see the Browns kick any teams ass. And did I mention Hue? Do you remember when John Gruden won the Superbowl against the team he coached the year before?

It would totally surprise me if the Browns kicked a good team like the Jags or Chiefs ass.

Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield is the best QB in the division by the end of next year. You heard it here first folks.
Reply/Quote