Browns
3.33%
2 3.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Browns Better Than Bengals?
(09-21-2018, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We were talking about Mayfield...

LOL. I thought the talk was about the log.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We were talking about Mayfield...

Yes until the closet Browns fan interrupted cherry picking stats and glossing over the facts.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 01:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes until the closet Browns fan interrupted cherry picking stats and glossing over the facts.

Yeah, Mayfield won't have the time he had against the Jets and the Bengals D can cover Calloway and Landry. Plus, we can score on that defense.

Reply/Quote
I posted Sunday that Bengals won but Ravens, Steelers and Browns all lost. That thread got moved to AFC North Talk Section. Meanwhile this thread remains in Bengals section when it is clearly AFC North subject argument if Browns are better than Bengals. A topic of debate between fans of AFC North teams. What I posted Sunday was not a debate. Bengals did in fact win, and all other AFC North teams did in fact lose. That's just a Bengals FACT that some on here couldn't accept. As for this thread, Browns have now won 2 games in 3 years. Bengals have won 15 games with chance to make it 16. To Browns fans that can't do math, 15 or 16 is greater than 2. GO BENGALS. I guess I can say that. This is a Bengals Site isn't it. I assume Browns have their own web sites. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
baker mayfield has thrown more pump fakes in 1 game than Andy Dalton has in his entire career. Baker is definitely more exciting to watch so far.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 12:58 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ah, no. Final score was 24 to 7 Buckeyes. Darnold threw one pick and lost two fumbles. Darnold was also sacked 8 times, 2.5 by Sam Hubbard.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400953404

I thought we were talking about Mayfield lol As I posted before, I think Darnold is overrated af and not that great. Having watched alot of Oklahoma games I think Mayfield is going to be great, unfortunately. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 01:02 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We could easily be three and 0 on Sunday(we could lose to); Andy has done it before, we have the better skill players, and we have the better D line and secondary .Lb Core and Oline goes to them but not by much.

Agreed. My response about records was only in response to him downplaying the browns games so far this year where they lost both games because of their kicker. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 08:33 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Agreed. My response about records was only in response to him downplaying the browns games so far this year where they lost both games because of their kicker. 

I think the Browns are a good team in the making. I'd bet they'll put up 6 wins this season. Their D is decent and Mayfield is a lot better than Taylor. Not sure why Hue was so stubborn about it ? Trying to not add another QB to the very long list of flops, that he helped pick ?

They're still very much a work in progress though even with Mayfield and we can beat them unless we got caught overlooking them.
Reply/Quote
The game last night was great for Mayfield, but he will have pains. He made his money last night throwing inside seams and out routes against a lot of off cover 3. Teams are going to watch that tape and bait him going forward jumping those routes, similar to what the Dolphins did last week to Darnold after watching his play against the Lions. The Browns line is still a major issue and their defense is heavily penalized and is not adverse to giving up big plays especially in the middle third.

They are not as bad as they have been and not as good as they looked in the second half last night. The real Browns are somewhere in between, I am guessing they are a 4-6 win team this year. Probably a couple upsets in there and a couple bad losses.
Reply/Quote
Remember that you don't live in Cleveland.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 12:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably. Let’s hope he comes back down to earth once teams get some tape on him.

He looked good and I said bust as soon as they drafted him. He impressed me last night but I still think he’ll come back down to earth before long.

I noticed a lot of his passes last night coulda been knocked down. Dunlap will get his hands on 4 of them the first time we play him.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 10:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He looked good and I said bust as soon as they drafted him. He impressed me last night but I still think he’ll come back down to earth before long.

I noticed a lot of his passes last night coulda been knocked down. Dunlap will get his hands on 4 of them the first time we play him.

He also should have been picked off in the EZ but the Jet dropped it. Any of our dbs not named Dre probably make that play.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 10:02 AM)Au165 Wrote: The game last night was great for Mayfield, but he will have pains. He made his money last night throwing inside seams and out routes against a lot of off cover 3. Teams are going to watch that tape and bait him going forward jumping those routes, similar to what the Dolphins did last week to Darnold after watching his play against the Lions. The Browns line is still a major issue and their defense is heavily penalized and is not adverse to giving up big plays especially in the middle third.

They are not as bad as they have been and not as good as they looked in the second half last night. The real Browns are somewhere in between, I am guessing they are a 4-6 win team this year. Probably a couple upsets in there and a couple bad losses.

I watched the game this morning and will say this. Taylor was under a lot of pressure, but as soon as Mayfield came in, the Jets backed off? Don't understand that.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 07:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: baker mayfield has thrown more pump fakes in 1 game than Andy Dalton has in his entire career. Baker is definitely more exciting to watch so far.

Huh? So if Andy had done more pump fakes the last 2 seasons, we would have been ok?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 10:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also should have been picked off in the EZ but the Jet dropped it. Any of our dbs not named Dre probably make that play.

Bingo. People were really caught up in his miracle performance, but that was a really easy pick. Would've really hurt them.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 11:42 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I watched the game this morning and will say this. Taylor was under a lot of pressure, but as soon as Mayfield came in, the Jets backed off? Don't understand that.

The reason is Taylor historically holds the ball way too long, last year he lead the league in fact. He doesn't throw guys open he waits for them to get open and relies on his feet to buy time. The Jets game plan was too pressure him with extra blitzers forcing him to make quick reads or take hits. He refused to make the quick reads and suffered. When Baker came in they attempted the same thing, but Baker beat them on two quick seam routes in the two minute drill. After that the Jets went more zone coverage which allowed the Browns line to settle in the rest of the game for the most part.

On a full week to prepare a coordinator would plan to disguise more for Mayfield. Going in the Jets knew Taylor simply wouldn't throw quick, knowing Mayfield will future coordinators will show a lot of pressure and try to get him to mis read and throw into coverage when they bail out. It is why I said that him coming in halfway through the game was actually a benefit to him.
Reply/Quote
Mayfield was good last night but teams hace film on him now and will gameplan to stop his strengths. Jets had none of that last night on a short week. I remember Johnny Manziel busting out the the 2nd half the week before starting his first game vs the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 03:13 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Mayfield was good last night but teams hace film on him now and will gameplan to stop his strengths. Jets had none of that last night on a short week. I remember Johnny Manziel busting out the the 2nd half the week before starting his first game vs the Bengals

I think Mayfield is a dbag, but he's better than Manziel.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have never liked Mayfield. His flag planting at OSU was bush league and infuriated many of us Buckeye fans. However, and unfortunately, he looks like a dangerous man to me. He accuracy and vision are very good, and most of all, the other players react to him very well and perform at a higher level when he's in there.

Yes, our defense is better than the Jets, and we'll rush him better. We'll also play better offense. We would still be favored, but he looks like someone to be reckoned with, like him or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 04:09 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I have never liked Mayfield.  His flag planting at OSU was bush league and infuriated many of us Buckeye fans. However, and unfortunately, he looks like a dangerous man to me. He accuracy and vision are very good, and most of all, the other players react to him very well and perform at a higher level when he's in there.

Yes, our defense is better than the Jets, and we'll rush him better.  We'll also play better offense. We would still be favored, but he looks like someone to be reckoned with, like him or not.

In my opinion Mayfield was the best QB in the draft.

He is cocky, but he is not an out-of-control a-hole who will be getting arrested or creating problems in the locker room.
Reply/Quote