Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again?
(08-28-2023, 11:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears some colleges and now school districts are gong to mandate masks and vaccines again. Do Democrats want to force closures again to use an excuse for our failing economy? They can't fix the economy by the 2024 election so I see this as a desperate measure to create an excuse for their poor economic policy killing the middle and lower income classes.

I also suggest you follow the money, the drug companies could lose billions if Americans ignore vaccines for Covid that they have already manufactured.

For me, I have no intention of ever wearing a mask again. As for the vaccine, I got it and still got Covid, so not doing a vaccine again either.

Whta say you?

Do you not support protecting others from a deadly virus?
Reply/Quote
I don't know if "Democrats" aren't going to push it but it seems some districts and businesses are.

I'd suggest avoiding those places so those of actively trying not to get sick or carry a virus to our loved ones can shop in peace.  Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears some colleges and now school districts are gong to mandate masks and vaccines again. Do Democrats want to force closures again to use an excuse for our failing economy? They can't fix the economy by the 2024 election so I see this as a desperate measure to create an excuse for their poor economic policy killing the middle and lower income classes.

I also suggest you follow the money, the drug companies could lose billions if Americans ignore vaccines for Covid that they have already manufactured.

For me, I have no intention of ever wearing a mask again. As for the vaccine, I got it and still got Covid, so not doing a vaccine again either.

Whta say you?

Masks are dumb. Like someone else said, Fauci flat out admitted they *probably* don’t work but there are “other studies” that show they do… he was grilled about the lack of evidence. The problem with the left is that there’s absolutely no healthy skepticism. They just believe stuff. For example, the vaccine at first was supposed to protect us from catching and spreading. Then, it was “you can catch it but can’t spread it.” Then, “ok you can catch it and spread it but it’s not as bad.” Then people got Covid again and weren’t sure if it was better or worse. And of course, there was the whole “10 days until you go back to work” which turned into 7, 5, 2 days (something like that). And through all this, at no point did most of my liberal friends in CA think to themselves, “hey, maybe they have no idea what they’re talking about.” Now that it’s seeming like we decimated the economy unnecessarily, there’s still no skepticism. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:17 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Do you not support protecting others from a deadly virus?

I would ask...'to what end?' 

There are a plethora of viruses that are deadly to the elderly and immunocompromised. There always have been. Are we masking, distancing, and shutting down for them? Did we ever? 

At this point, if you get your vaccine and your boosters, the chances of bad outcomes are greatly reduced...by 90% by some estimates. If you would like added security, you are free to mask and avoid crowds. 

At this point, if you are elderly or immunocompromised, get your vaccine, wear a mask, and exercise caution, and leave the rest of us alone. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 06:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If it makes you feel any better my teen niece damn near tacitly killed my mother in law by living her best life and spreading covid.  I assume when she found her grandmother nearly breathless and had to call an ambulance her mind was totally on the prom or wearing a cap and gown.  Seeing my wife deal with her feelings of guilt for being pissed that her family was so into taking the advice of the conspiracy wormhole, was interesting too.

Still, you'll be glad to know I'm honest enough to admit that if covid stuff happens again I'm pretty much not going to do anything this time because let's get real, most people aren't even going to bother the second time around.

You got that right!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:17 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Do you not support protecting others from a deadly virus?

Not by force or mandate.

You are free to wear a respirator and get 10 boosters if it makes you feel safe.  I won't judge.  Just don't force/madate me to do the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 11:51 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Masks are dumb. Like someone else said, Fauci flat out admitted they *probably* don’t work but there are “other studies” that show they do… he was grilled about the lack of evidence. The problem with the left is that there’s absolutely no healthy skepticism. They just believe stuff. For example, the vaccine at first was supposed to protect us from catching and spreading. Then, it was “you can catch it but can’t spread it.” Then, “ok you can catch it and spread it but it’s not as bad.” Then people got Covid again and weren’t sure if it was better or worse. And of course, there was the whole “10 days until you go back to work” which turned into 7, 5, 2 days (something like that). And through all this, at no point did most of my liberal friends in CA think to themselves, “hey, maybe they have no idea what they’re talking about.” Now that it’s seeming like we decimated the economy unnecessarily, there’s still no skepticism. 

But the experts....................
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 11:37 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You got that right!

I mean as in like I live in PA and in 2020 we saw Biden barely win this state.  If the normally "don't spread covid" liberal types are convinced Trump getting back into office is going to lead to the downfall of the USA, maybe they aren't so careful around their unvaccinated and generally older conservative Pennsylvanians.  It ain't quite biological warfare, but the increased animosity between Americans of differing viewpoints has me at least thinking it's not total conspiracy nut jobbing to picture liberals rooting for covid to come back and help make up for Biden's low poll numbers.

There is an actual correlation between political party and covid death rates, which conservatives will declare fake news to the delight of those who think having fewer conservatives around in 2024 is an "ends justify the means" situation.  People picture a civil war being conservative opening fire on unarmed liberals, but it may be a more subtle thing.  Maybe instead of that a bunch of liberals who tested positive decide to go to the local Cracker Barrel, or something.

Hell, there are already murmurs out there that liberals knew covid was dangerous and made a point to push vaccines and prevention knowing conservatives would do the opposite and die in greater numbers.  It's all a numbers game now and some folks seem pretty easily manipulated, of course the response to that is that the other side is the easily manipulated one.  Interesting times.

tl'dr - if you die from covid, liberals and China will smile

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I mean as in like I live in PA and in 2020 we saw Biden barely win this state.  If the normally "don't spread covid" liberal types are convinced Trump getting back into office is going to lead to the downfall of the USA, maybe they aren't so careful around their unvaccinated and generally older conservative Pennsylvanians.  It ain't quite biological warfare, but the increased animosity between Americans of differing viewpoints has me at least thinking it's not total conspiracy nut jobbing to picture liberals rooting for covid to come back and help make up for Biden's low poll numbers.

There is an actual correlation between political party and covid death rates, which conservatives will declare fake news to the delight of those who think having fewer conservatives around in 2024 is an "ends justify the means" situation.  People picture a civil war being conservative opening fire on unarmed liberals, but it may be a more subtle thing.  Maybe instead of that a bunch of liberals who tested positive decide to go to the local Cracker Barrel, or something.

Hell, there are already murmurs out there that liberals knew covid was dangerous and made a point to push vaccines and prevention knowing conservatives would do the opposite and die in greater numbers.  It's all a numbers game now and some folks seem pretty easily manipulated, of course the response to that is that the other side is the easily manipulated one.  Interesting times.

tl'dr - if you die from covid, liberals and China will smile

That it is.

I have some very liberal friends/family.  We simply don't talk politics and everything is good.  We share far more in common then one of the only things we don't.   Does that sentence make sense?  lol.  Well, I know what I mean.  ha ha
Reply/Quote
I'm convinced that if all it took to end human suffering was to wear a mask one day per year for life,, many on the right would still piss and moan and refuse to do it.
Reply/Quote
I heard Biden was going to get Dylan Mulvaney to personally vaccinate all Qanon supporters forcibly. The new vaccine is also rumored to be a suppository that will be administered by Mulvaney and his trans assistants with what has been described by patriot Alex Jones as a "cucumber shaped" syringe with a domed nozzle.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 11:05 PM)samhain Wrote: I heard Biden was going to get Dylan Mulvaney to personally vaccinate all Qanon supporters forcibly.  The new vaccine is also rumored to be a suppository that will be administered by Mulvaney and his trans assistants with what has been described by patriot Alex Jones as a "cucumber shaped" syringe with a domed nozzle.

[Image: alex-jones-shocked.gif]
Reply/Quote
America breeds a very large amount of selfish assholes.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:52 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: I'm convinced that if all it took to end human suffering was to wear a mask one day per year for life,, many on the right would still piss and moan and refuse to do it.

No. The right called BS on the mask mandates, the vaccine, the curfews, the deadliness of the virus… etc. In this case, it turned out the skepticism was 100% justified.

Let me walk you through the sequence of events that illustrate how wrong the left was re: vaccine. Keep in mind, every time before the goal posts moved, if you were caught publicly opposing any of this, you were accused of disinformation. 

First, we were told the vaccine would keep you from getting it. Next, we were told you can still get it but can’t spread it. After that, it was, OK guys, just kidding, you can both get it AND spread it, but it won’t be as bad. If you questioned any of this while they were happening, your posts on Twitter were flagged and you were called a right wing bigot, etc. At NO POINT did the left think, as the goalposts kept changing, “hey, maybe there’s reason to be skeptical about this whole thing because they clearly don’t know what they’re talking about.” 

Fast forward to now, even though they won’t admit it, the left was wrong. Way wrong.

(09-09-2023, 09:52 PM)samhain Wrote: America breeds a very large amount of selfish assholes

I agree but not in the way that you meant it. The selfish folks are the people who thought it’d be OK to shut down the country for 2 years for a virus that was completely overblown. 

To illustrate, here’s a first hand example of how people shutting down the country for a not-so-deadly virus was selfish: the Blue Whale in Los Angeles. You can google most of this in case you think it’s a baseless anecdote. The former owner moved from Korea to start the Blue Whale jazz club. I was there opening night when 4 people showed up, to where a few years later it became everyone’s favorite jazz club in the city. Him being an immigrant who moved here and barely spoke English at the time, starting a successful business in such a difficult and competitive field, epitomized the American dream. With the shutdowns, he eventually went bankrupt and closed down because of the pandemic after 11 years of success.

What you can’t google, since I knew him personally, I can say: he had a mental breakdown during the lockdowns because he lost his dream, he relapsed (cocaine and alcohol), and moved back to Korea and no one has heard from him since. Many people had their lives changed in similar ways, permanently, by these lockdowns for a virus that, let’s be honest, really wasn’t that bad. Did the left care about people like him? No. They still don’t. You can say the right is selfish all you want… the right cared about people whose livelihoods were changed or destroyed by lockdowns for a virus with a 99+% survival rate. The right saw through the whole thing and realized it was just overblown to get Trump out of office. It’s just that simple. I’ll ask you this: was it worth it?

I’ve said it a few times, there is no capability for skepticism on the left. They just do what their government overlords tell them. The left has become a group of “useful idiots” for America’s enemies, and the Democratic politicians who will tell them anything they want to hear, just to stay in power. 

Is it too much to ask for someone, anyone, on the left, to admit… “alright… we screwed up.” ? Just one person. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: America breeds a very large amount of selfish assholes.

And they believe they are 100% right and don't care about anything else.

The sheer amount of disinformation, just in this thread, is mind numbing and not even worthy of commenting back to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote