Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Refs Fixing games.
I've been into sports betting for years. I tend to lean towards 'help' but not necessarily a fix. You can't really decide certain things...that being said, I've watched NBA games...definitely feel like a fix is going on there.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
The beauty of judgment calls is they're really tough to detect favoritism over flat out fixing games. 
The idea that the league would be charged for racketeering if they fixed games only holds water if game fixing is illegal under racketeering laws and they are not because, once again, entertainment purposes. You buy a ticket to be entertained. There's nothing else to it any more than buying a ticket to go watch a movie or a singer. Hell, a singer could perform and forget all the words and sing the words to Mary had a little lamb for every song and you would have zero recourse other than to not watch them the next time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem is the vagueness of so many rules. Whether or not that is intentional, I don't know. But it allows maybe too much wiggle room. But is does seem like every game has at least one seemingly ridiculously bad call, many of which are game altering. To be blunt, the officiating is a true shit show.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yeah so much for hiring those full time refs.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Yes, referees are fixing games. And no one will convince me otherwise until they can explain to me how Adam Jones gets a penalty for going after Joey Porter in a Bengals huddle, and Porter gets no flag for being on the field, let alone in the Bengals huddle. If the refs didn't see Porter in the huddle or on the field, then they didn't see Jones go after him, right? I don't believe every game is fixed, but the NFL is influencing certain games so certain teams win to line their pockets, whether that is by assigning refs with certain tendencies, or outright telling certain refs who should win. Anyone who can't see that is blind. It only takes a few calls in certain critical moments. Then, the refs can throw meaningless flags to show the game was called "fair by looking at the overall number of penalties called against each team.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 04:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, referees are fixing games. And no one will convince me otherwise until they can explain to me how Adam Jones gets a penalty for going after Joey Porter in a Bengals huddle, and Porter gets no flag for being on the field, let alone in the Bengals huddle. If the refs didn't see Porter in the huddle or on the field, then they didn't see Jones go after him, right? I don't believe every game is fixed, but the NFL is influencing certain games so certain teams win to line their pockets, whether that is by assigning refs with certain tendencies, o67r outright telling certain refs who should win. Anyone who can't see that is blind. It only takes a few calls in certain critical moments. Then, the refs can throw meaningless flags to show the game was called "fair by looking at the overall number of penalties called against each team.

By this very argument you have to conclude that the league is fixed since referees are employed by the league and nobody else. They aren't rogue refs or rogue refs would regularly get fired and there would be a big stink over that. You don't hear much about this issue so the only logical conclusion is what they're instructed to do by the league. We don't even see many fouls that are called and some are so ticky tacky while others are completely ignored throughout entire games for certain teams. You DO hear a LOT about that..   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Sure seems like it from a Bengals fan perspective. We get hosed a lot.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Bears blocked a FG against the Steelers and were running it in for a TD and the guy stopped at the 1 yard line. I've never seen anything like it.

Then the Steelers batted it out of the end zone so the Bears got the ball at the 1 for an untimed down. Of course, they immediately false started and had to kick a FG.

Why that guy stopped at the 1? I have no clue. Plays like that make me feel the games are fixed.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bears blocked a FG against the Steelers and were running it in for a TD and the guy stopped at the 1 yard line. I've never seen anything like it.

Then the Steelers batted it out of the end zone so the Bears got the ball at the 1 for an untimed down. Of course, they immediately false started and had to kick a FG.

Why that guy stopped at the 1? I have no clue. Plays like that make me feel the games are fixed.

If anything is fixed, it's the refs initially trying to deny the Bears points or attempts at points. The initially called it end of the half and the penalty wouldn't be enforced until John Fox raised hell.

Players are human and prone to being incredibly dumb. Cooper was dumb. Not corrupt. Leon Lett was dumb. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 01:09 AM)BMK Wrote: Right, because as everyone here knows, the ONLY reason the Bengals ever lose a game is because:

1. The refs hate us
2. The league hates us
3. The Pope hates us
4. We don't buy enough Andy Dalton shirts
5. All the other teams cheat
6. Our name sucks  (yet 'steelers' doesn't?)
7. The announcers hate us
8. ??????

But all is not lost.....apparently, all we have to do is buy more stuff, and everything changes!

I always figured the pope was on the fence about us.  This is not good news.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bears blocked a FG against the Steelers and were running it in for a TD and the guy stopped at the 1 yard line. I've never seen anything like it.

Believe it or not mate, some players just aren't smart. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 04:17 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Believe it or not mate, some players just aren't smart. 

How hard is it to know that you have to get the ball into the end zone for a TD? Dude stopped at the 5 and just stood there like it was practice.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers forced a "fumble" after the Bears runner's knee was OBVIOUSLY DOWN.
After review, OF COURSE the call was upheld with Steelers getting the ball on the Bears 20.
Scored a TD soon after.

The game is fixed.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 04:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How hard is it to know that you have to get the ball into the end zone for a TD? Dude stopped at the 5 and just stood there like it was practice.

Did you even read what you just qouted? You see it happen all of the time. Unless college and high school games are fixed too...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 04:24 PM)Tomkat Wrote: The Steelers forced a "fumble" after the Bears runner's knee was OBVIOUSLY DOWN.
After review, OF COURSE the call was upheld with Steelers getting the ball on the Bears 20.
Scored a TD soon after.

The game is fixed.

Yeah his knee was down. It was hard to see where the ball was...but you could infer that he still had it.

They take this indisputable evidence stuff too far sometimes. I mean there isn't a definitive view sometimes because there is a pile of guys...but with common sense it's easy to see what's happening.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope they're fixing games. We need a shot because our OL and management won't gI've us one.
Reply/Quote
I've always thought the games are fixed, and after watching the games from today, and seeing all the calls go for the bigger market teams, it would be hard to say they weren't.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 04:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, referees are fixing games. And no one will convince me otherwise until they can explain to me how Adam Jones gets a penalty for going after Joey Porter in a Bengals huddle, and Porter gets no flag for being on the field, let alone in the Bengals huddle. If the refs didn't see Porter in the huddle or on the field, then they didn't see Jones go after him, right? I don't believe every game is fixed, but the NFL is influencing certain games so certain teams win to line their pockets, whether that is by assigning refs with certain tendencies, or outright telling certain refs who should win. Anyone who can't see that is blind. It only takes a few calls in certain critical moments. Then, the refs can throw meaningless flags to show the game was called "fair by looking at the overall number of penalties called against each team.

When Jones was flagged for PI should it not have been a no call due to incidental contact?  Both players were looking back and going for the ball, were they not?  I remember watching Jim Leonhard many years ago bowl a Bengals receiver over whilst they were both looking back.  He got a pick and it was ruled clean due to incidental contact.

I also thought that I saw a pretty blatant intentional grounding no-call on Rodgers whilst he was being sacked - they then turned around and called it on Dalton when it looked like he was outside of the tackle box.  
Reply/Quote
We beat the Packers today we just didn't beat the refs too.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 03:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If anything is fixed, it's the refs initially trying to deny the Bears points or attempts at points. The initially called it end of the half and the penalty wouldn't be enforced until John Fox raised hell.

Players are human and prone to being incredibly dumb. Cooper was dumb. Not corrupt. Leon Lett was dumb. 

I'm watching it thinking, "I'm not sure what the rules are, but I'm pretty sure you don't just wrap up the half there."  It's like he was thinking, "This is too complicated.  Let's see if I can get away with this."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote