Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Refs Fixing games.
The lack of holding calls on the line is pretty infuriating. I can deal with bad PI calls here and there, but given how many refs are watching the LOS that shit is borderline inexcusable. Lawson and Atkins were held all goddamn day yesterday and I don't think GB was flagged once.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
They don't trust refs to fix games anymore. They have to call New York to get it right....lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The refs let the Bears hold for the win on Sunday, so maybe the Rooneys did something to make Godell mad.
Reply/Quote
The refs had nothing to do with the bengals loss today... Maybe the P.I . call on jones was bad..But come on, Its every game your getting shite calls against all teams..This is football now..The good teams that are well coached overcome and succeed.. Just Maybe not a Marvin Lewis Lead team..
Reply/Quote
Not the refs in this case...but college basketball is corrupt:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20824193/ncaa-basketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:45 AM)Spider Wrote: The refs had nothing to do with the bengals loss today... Maybe the P.I . call on jones was bad..But come on, Its every game your getting shite calls  against all teams..This is football now..The good teams that are well coached overcome and succeed.. Just Maybe not a Marvin Lewis Lead team..

Don't try to use reason and common sense man. When people lose they need to try to blame it on others and in this case they blame the Bengals ineptitude on refs. 

Most of them probably don't even watch other games and think bad calls only happen to the Bengals. They support their argument with the overwhelming 0 evidence proving the NFL is fixed. Because you know in the history of the NFL there's been so many who have come out saying they fixed games or were told by the NFL to fix games...
Reply/Quote
I know the Bengals lose just fine on their own without help from the refs. But that PI call might have kept that game from getting away from GB. It was a pretty bad call. I just hope someday they make these calls reviewable. The time it takes them to huddle and decide they could have looked up at the jumbo Tron ( I know they can't) and got it right. A spot foul that can give a team unlimited yards and literally change a game in one play should be reviewable only if a flag is thrown. Maybe they won't be as flag happy and let the players play on more.
Reply/Quote
Every year it seems a little more apparent who the NFL wants to win.... refs cant always make it happen but they do try it seems
Reply/Quote
The 12 men on the field call was very questionable. To me Jackson was clearly out of the field of play. Very ticky tacky..... Yeah the PI on Jones was complete BS...
Reply/Quote
I have said this for years but there is no consistency in officiating between different crews or even the same crew in the same game.

Several calls against the Bengals on Sunday were completely indefensible - like the PI call on Jones when the WR tripped.

Geno got held on almost every play and it was not called once.

Too many men on field was called by Rodgers - not be the ref at the time ball was snapped- after the play was over.

Dalton guilty of grounding and Rodgers not? I don't buy argument that Rodgers was outside tackle box. I may be wrong but I recall someone being in the vicinity on Dalton's grounding call.

They need to be full-time, younger, and probably former players not quite good enough to play in the NFL. 

Middle age men who start with high school and work their way up the ranks but who have other full-time jobs are not getting the job done and are not athletic enough to keep up with players.

They need to spend the week between games studying game films with supervisors trying to bring consistency in calls.

NFL will never do this because of money.

NFL is becoming professional wrestling designed to appeal to values of media elites.
Reply/Quote
What I despise is when there is contact and the receiver misses a pass...no flag...then the receiver complains to the official and a flag flies.

It was either a penalty or not. The receiver telling you it's a penalty shouldn't matter.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What I despise is when there is contact and the receiver misses a pass...no flag...then the receiver complains to the official and a flag flies.

It was either a penalty or not. The receiver telling you it's a penalty shouldn't matter.

I watched the Richard Sherman "meltdown" Sunday. He did blatantly mug the receiver, but the ref could find his flag stuffed in his pants, eventually found it and threw the flag a good 5 seconds later..  
Reply/Quote
Only in the NFL could there be a phenomenon like divine zebratic intervention which is what it should be called. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote