Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-16-2023, 01:17 PM)Bengalion Wrote: We can only wish. I'd love to see California and the entire West Coast becoming a separate country, all blue voters from the Midwest and South should be given an option to pack their things and live there. The blue voters paradise full of illegal immigrants, high taxes, people who don't work and do nothing to contribute to society parasiting the welfare state and schools being ran by these woke-marxist educators teaching children about white privillege and gender.

Nah California has been going through a pretty bad cough literal cough phase for quite a few years now. They'll get it sorted out eventually if they elect moderate common sense politicians from their cities to the state. But the rest of the country needs their economy and agriculture as they are massive for both in relation to the U.S. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I doubt it. Most of the Boog-Bois showed how quick they turn tail when bullets start flying. They also grossly underestimate how many people who aren't MAGA flag bearers are just as armed as they are, and train with their firearms just as much - if not more - than Meal Team Six. They just don't make it their entire personality or carry their ARs into Chipotle to show off how tiny their penises are.

That said, we'd be a lot further from a new Civil War if the cult of Trump would stop doing shit like storming the Capitol with the intent of hanging the VPotUS, or doxxing the grand jury in Trump's case in Georgia. Or - as it's more commonly referred to - being ***** terrorists.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Grant did not say civil war...he said "another contest in the future"...however the part in quotes is accurate.

[Image: F5EH0M3X0AAqFSy?format=jpg&name=small]

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/grant-next-civil-war/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 11:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Grant did not say civil war...he said "another contest in the future"...however the part in quotes is accurate.

Looks like Grant was an early progressive.
Reply/Quote
https://www.project2025.org/

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 09:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Nah California has been going through a pretty bad cough literal cough phase for quite a few years now. They'll get it sorted out eventually if they elect moderate common sense politicians from their cities to the state. But the rest of the country needs their economy and agriculture as they are massive for both in relation to the U.S. 

Just saw this post.  I do see signs that people are starting to get fed up.  What I don't know is if those signs are coming from the loudest voices or do they represent the common position.  I will say this, if Gascon is reelected in '24, then kiss this vision goodbye.  LA County has become borderline unlivable in many areas.  If they reelect Gascon then I sincerely believe that all hope is lost for this state.  I get that LA County is not the whole state, but it is the most populous area, and if the past four years weren't enough for people to say no more then I don't see any hope of real change in the future.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 01:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Just saw this post.  I do see signs that people are starting to get fed up.  What I don't know is if those signs are coming from the loudest voices or do they represent the common position.  I will say this, if Gascon is reelected in '24, then kiss this vision goodbye.  LA County has become borderline unlivable in many areas.  If they reelect Gascon then I sincerely believe that all hope is lost for this state.  I get that LA County is not the whole state, but it is the most populous area, and if the past four years weren't enough for people to say no more then I don't see any hope of real change in the future.

Sounds like theirs going to be a Mad Max 5 soon. 

Reply/Quote
One very important thing if you want to go to war ( civil or not ) is to be in a pretty good shape. There are many times when you have to run a mile or two at full speed, jump, climb ... Be mobile and smart.

If more than half of the country is obese as you guys are saying, they are going nowhere. They'll last a week maybe two.

Same thing if you are past 60, ..., you won't go far. Sorry folks ( unless you are 6'3 and 215 lbs of course ).

Civil war is not about who is going to be the loudest and bear the more flags ... It's going to be wild, a fight for every mile across the country. Drones, cyber attacks ... Every bridge, every road, the control of each power plant ... This is going to be wild. You better think about what you really wish.

The smartest people wins at the end. Not M.IShootBeerOnTikTok.

You better be ready, that won't be a TV show.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 11:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Grant did not say civil war...he said "another contest in the future"...however the part in quotes is accurate.

[Image: F5EH0M3X0AAqFSy?format=jpg&name=small]

Dang,, if that quote's accurate, dude nailed it perfectly. It's 100% where we're at. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Somehow I doubt all this quotes lol ...

Einstein never has said as many things since he has died.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  

We are dealing with the type of people who will follow Qanon shaman into an assault on the capital. So you just can’t expect reason and decency imo.

I think the ones who snuck into the Capitol watched a few too many “peaceful protests” the last few years, every time a black man got shot for trying to stab/tase a cop… etc. Those made the Capitol look like a birthday party. An actual assault on the Capitol would involve lots and lots of guns. I swear, if they would’ve just stolen a few TV’s and killed a few people, the media would’ve been totally OK with it. 

This is my take on the Civil War. It’s going to happen, in a way it’s already happening, but the cities and states aren’t monoliths as much as they were in the 1800s. It’s going to happen little by little. A Cold War with a few mass shootings here and there. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There are some borderline mentally unstable trump fanatics that do present a threat. And they can’t stand not being the loudest voice. That may be why you would feel that way. The whole thing is falling apart and unfortunately there are fanboys willing to bring everything else down with the sinking ship.

We are dealing with the type of people who will follow Qanon shaman into an assault on the capital. So you just can’t expect reason and decency imo.

This message is brought to you by the same people who think the world will end in a few years cause "climate crisis", think humans can magically change their chromosomes cause feelz, believe it's all fair for men to compete against women in women's sports and that men should be allowed to go into private areas meant only for women.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 06:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The average American also has it too good to risk taking machine gun fire to the face for politics.  It's the reason why manipulative people in the middle east say "Blow yourself up for the cause, it'll pay off!" and manipulative people here say "Give your money to me, it'll pay off!"

The Bengals have a legit shot at the SB for the next 5+ years if they play their cards right.  Anyone who posts on this board would be a fool to risk spending that time dead.

Ya, but at least they get 7 virgins.  We just get screwed in the.......
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:32 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Kind of off topic....
I recently was playing in a band with some of the guys in Green Jellÿ (still pronounced Jello....the umlauts make the Y an O sound lmao). One of the guys is a huge antivax and anti woke (he's not a huge right winger tho)  anyway... he wants to move back because he can't make the same money he made out there (he does sales type work). He said its harder out here to make a living. 

Holy crap!  Green Jelly!   I have their Cereal Killer CD with "Three Little Pigs" on it.   
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Holy crap!  Green Jelly!   I have their Cereal Killer CD with "Three Little Pigs" on it.   

Wow so that's who that is?  I recall being at some amusement park 30+ years ago and seeing one of those "make your own music video" stands where some kid was doing that song.  Of all the stuff I can't recall, that memory is never leaving me.  Oh well, can't really pick that sort of stuff can you?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wow so that's who that is?  I recall being at some amusement park 30+ years ago and seeing one of those "make your own music video" stands where some kid was doing that song.  Of all the stuff I can't recall, that memory is never leaving me.  Oh well, can't really pick that sort of stuff can you?

Hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gch6SY2TA_o
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:36 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Dang,, if that quote's accurate, dude nailed it perfectly. It's 100% where we're at. Mellow

Which side is which for you?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 05:59 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Which side is which for you?

LOL Is that serious question?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:44 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: LOL Is that serious question?

Patriotism is hardly a quality I'd associate with the modern left.  Judging from the results in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Oakland and Los Angeles I'd have to throw intelligence in there too.

https://www.newsweek.com/store-retail-violence-robbery-theft-stealing-california-1804565

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2023/09/overwhelming-concerns-about-drugs-crime-in-downtown-portland-prompt-safety-surge.html

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/seattle-violent-crime-hits-15-year-high-other-takeaways-from-new-report/

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/bogus-oakland-mayor-pushes-back-on-claim-that-firing-chief-increased-crime/

https://archive.ph/4iy9L

Super intelligent moves.

So I'd say his question is a valid one.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 10:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Patriotism is hardly a quality I'd associate with the modern left.

Yes.  I laugh every time I read WaPo's tagline "Democracy dies in darkness".

The left is absolutely as much a threat to our Democracy as Trump.  After Trump won in 2016, "faithless electors" was actually a real hope and a prayer.  Not illegal like what Trump tried to pull with a fake slate, but that's splitting hairs a little bit.  Not to mentjon the whole illegitimate thing from Day 1, along with a largely meritless 3-yr investigation into the grossly fictitious claim Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election.  But that's what "patriotism" means to Democrats.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote