Poll: Are you happy with the John Ross pick?
This poll is closed.
Yes
47.87%
90 47.87%
No
32.45%
61 32.45%
Indifferent
19.68%
37 19.68%
Total 188 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll
(04-28-2017, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What did Tim say?

He failed multiple drug tests at Alabama. How many did you hear about?
(04-28-2017, 07:45 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Where do I mention Heyward Bey? Can't form an argument without a strawman I see. 

You called it an Al Davis pick, obvious player to think about going for pure speed.

An intentional dig at John Ross saying he is only speed. Grab the strawman and burn his ass, i don't care. Mellow
(04-28-2017, 07:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He failed multiple drug tests at Alabama. How many did you hear about?

Heard multiple but didn't hear what Tim said about it, damn.
(04-28-2017, 07:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You called it an Al Davis pick, obvious player to think about going for pure speed.

An intentional dig at John Ross saying he is only speed. Grab the strawman and burn his ass, i don't care. Mellow
Get back to me when you can form an argument. 
(04-28-2017, 07:49 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Get back to me when you can form an argument. 

You haven't posted anything but conjecture since you said you didn't like the pick
(04-28-2017, 07:52 PM)eoxyod Wrote: You haven't posted anything but conjecture since you said you didn't like the pick

I've posted opinions and facts since I said I wasn't a fan of the pick. Try reading next time, or are you going to resort to fallacies like Nate?
I don't think there has been a pick so intensely debated. Yes he is a playmaker, yes he's fast and will open up our offense. That's all great. The problem people have is his injury history. That's It. It's a legit concern. So unless someone has a crystal ball to look into and say he will stay healthy then Its all a pointless argument. Some like the pick some hate the gamble (not the player) or maybe just hate the position. So who cares. It is what it is. Besides we have another pick coming up to ***** about.
(04-28-2017, 07:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard multiple but didn't hear what Tim said about it, damn.

Williams multiple failed tests. Robinson charges dropped related to gun and weed without clear possession on his part. Foster dilute urine sample at combine. Lot of smoke. Pun intended. Makes me wonder how much the program ignores.
I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind, "He wasn't a good pick at his draft position."

If he was drafted at 16 would he be a good pick? Why? That difference isn't significant. Either we get a player who can contribute (Unless you don't think he can contribute). If you trade back you run the risk of losing a player near the top of your draft board in that player you are going for. Take the player where you can. Besides really running the top 5, draft position doesn't really matter.
(04-28-2017, 07:54 PM)Older Than You Wrote: I've posted opinions and facts since I said I wasn't a fan of the pick. Try reading next time, or are you going to resort to fallacies like Nate?

You haven't posted a fact yet besides saying Ross is fast and has been injured before, which seems like those things cancel each other out. Besides that you actually haven't said anything but "I DON'T LIKE THIS"
(04-28-2017, 07:49 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Get back to me when you can form an argument. 

If your argument is that all he has is speed, then you have no argument.  What you have is bullshit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(04-28-2017, 05:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Williams was already gone anyway.  At least in this day and age, under the current CBA, a first round bust doesn't cost crazy money.  Sam Bradford got a $78 million contract with $50 million guaranteed under the old CBA as a #1 pick.  He never lived up to that.  Now, even if we made the wrong choice, it doesn't cost insane money to make that mistake.  However, I have this feeling that I haven't had in a long time.  I think we got a future star in Ross.  Just a gut feeling.

I am hopeful it works out well for us on this one!  I like your perspective, once you break it down this way.  But I hope he is ready for this year.. Then I will feel a lot better. 
(04-28-2017, 07:54 PM)Older Than You Wrote: I've posted opinions and facts since I said I wasn't a fan of the pick. Try reading next time, or are you going to resort to fallacies like Nate?

What fallucy? You have posted no facts, none.

I would seriously like to know what fallucy i resorted to as you said the pick of John Ross was an Al Davis type pick.

What is an Al Davis type pick? Older and smarter than everyone else person whoareyouagainguy?

Eox posted facts, Shake has posted facts, i have posted facts about the 17 TD's John Ross scored last season.

1 out of every 5 times he catches the ball it is a Touchdown. Mellow
(04-28-2017, 08:04 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am hopeful it works out well for us on this one!  I like your perspective, once you break it down this way.  But I hope he is ready for this year.. Then I will feel a lot better. 

He says he'll be ready for TC.  Hobs said by start of the season.  And the great thing about him is there are so many ways you can use him, so he doesn't necessarily have to know the whole playbook to produce right away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(04-28-2017, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, wondered when the hell you would get over here. Been carrying the Ross statue for awhile McC.

Tired. Mellow

Now i need a brewskie.

Yeah it's been a long lonely day for you, Eox and I. 

I had to take a break from the flaming. I see you're still fighting the good fight. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(04-28-2017, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's been a long lonely day for you, Eox and I. 

I had to take a break from the flaming. I see you're still fighting the good fight. 

Hey man, atleast we have the truth on our side lol....

And John Ross. :andy:
(04-28-2017, 08:09 PM)McC Wrote: He says he'll be ready for TC.  Hobs said by start of the season.  And the great thing about him is there are so many ways you can use him, so he doesn't necessarily have to know the whole playbook to produce right away.

If he is physically ready, then I am on Board.  $Mike Williams is money, but he is not meant to be so I must move on!  

Just hope he is ready to play! Awesome. 
(04-28-2017, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wolf knows whats up. :andy:

imo maybe he's so valuable he should only play WR for us....
let someone else return punts & kick offs...????
or only let him return one kick per game....
Absolutely love it. Synergy. Safeties drop, middle opens up for TEs and Slot WR, running game improves. Absolutely love it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-28-2017, 01:01 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Horrible pick the guy is always injured two meniscus tears, ACL tear and a shoulder injury. Ran a great 40 so we picked him at 9. Ask the Rams about Austin at the 8 pick. Wasted a chance to get better. Lets hope day 2 is better.
You can't overlook health. This team overlooks health and drafts criminals. They haven't figured the obvious, that criminals have no disciplin. I am bound to a team that has crappy ownership. Smh