Poll: Are you happy with the John Ross pick?
This poll is closed.
Yes
47.87%
90 47.87%
No
32.45%
61 32.45%
Indifferent
19.68%
37 19.68%
Total 188 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll
(04-28-2017, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't, just using some common sense on wondering why a top 5 grade talent fell that far.

The Ravens seemed like a perfect fit for him and he would of been a need for them and THEY even passed on him.

Sure makes more sense to me that Allen's medicals are worse than Ross's.

Do you get me?

When it comes to evaluating medical conditions I rely on objective data. (Many times evaluating that data is subjective; see Drew Brees and the Saints and Dolphins.) Not what NFL GMs do or don't do. Which player Ozzie Newsome picked doesn't indicate if Allen's medical condition is worse than Ross' or vice versa.

Do you know Allen was graded higher than Humphrey by the Ravens?

O.J. Howard dropped. What does that say about his medical condition relative to Ross? Nothing.
(04-28-2017, 05:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When it comes to evaluating medical conditions I rely on objective data. (Many times evaluating that data is subjective; see Drew Brees and the Saints and Dolphins.) Not what NFL GMs do or don't do. Which player Ozzie Newsome picked doesn't indicate if Allen's medical condition is worse than Ross' or vice versa.

Do you know Allen was graded higher than Humphrey by the Ravens?

O.J. Howard dropped. What does that say about his medical condition relative to Ross?  Nothing.

Well you definately know tons more than me about medical evaluation, i leave that up to you and the pros.

As far as a football player i would of gladly taken Allen at 9. Shit i might of taken him over Solomon Thomas cause of
his production but ole Saban is known to use the hell out of his guys and Allen played his Senior year.

But i love the Ross pick just as much and just have to wonder why Allen, a guy i had graded as a top 5 pick fell that
far. Dude is a pass rusher that can stop the run, if he is somewhat healthy, that was one hell of a steal for the Skins.
(04-28-2017, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well you definately know tons more than me about medical evaluation, i leave that up to you and the pros.

As far as a football player i would of gladly taken Allen at 9. Shit i might of taken him over Solomon Thomas cause of
his production but ole Saban is known to use the hell out of his guys and Allen played his Senior year.

But i love the Ross pick just as much and just have to wonder why Allen, a guy i had graded as a top 5 pick fell that
far. Dude is a pass rusher that can stop the run, if he is somewhat healthy, that was one hell of a steal for the Skins.

It seemed to me all the Bama players were dropping. I think that is more of an indictment about Nick Saban's program than the individual players.
(04-28-2017, 06:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It seemed to me all the Bama players were dropping. I think that is more of an indictment about Nick Saban's program than the individual players.

Could be, but Foster fell a lot all on his own.
Just saw he's going to wear #15. So once again we will see #15 flying down the sidelines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-28-2017, 06:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Just saw he's going to wear #15.  So once again we will see #15 flying down the sidelines.

Love it. Some Henry guys might not, but i do. Thanks for the update Bonnie. :andy:
(04-28-2017, 06:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Just saw he's going to wear #15.  So once again we will see #15 flying down the sidelines.

Had a feeling for some reason it was 15 lol. He said he'd take 10 or 11, but both are taken.
*Ross moving down sideline*
"THERE ARE 10 SECONDS LEFT. BENGALS DOWN 4"
*Andy chucks up the ball. Severely overthrown*
"Andy throws it! 4...3...2..."
*Ross leaps. Angel with dreads lifts him and carries him 10 yards down field to the ball*
"TOUCHDOWN ROSS! IT'S A MIRACLE! BENGALS WIN! BENGALS WIN!"
*Ross gets pulled over after the game for a DUI*

Chris Henry's in the Outfield. A true underdog story

That was probably too dark
(04-28-2017, 07:12 PM)eoxyod Wrote: *Ross moving down sideline*
"THERE ARE 10 SECONDS LEFT. BENGALS DOWN 4"
*Andy chucks up the ball. Severely overthrown*
"Andy throws it! 4...3...2..."
*Ross leaps. Angel with dreads lifts him and carries him 10 yards down field to the ball*
"TOUCHDOWN ROSS! IT'S A MIRACLE! BENGALS WIN! BENGALS WIN!"
*Ross gets pulled over after the game for a DUI*

Chris Henry's in the Outfield. A true underdog story

That was probably too dark

I think Chris would like it lol
I voted yes but only because Hell Yes wasn't on there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(04-28-2017, 07:23 PM)McC Wrote: I voted yes but only because Hell Yes wasn't on there.

Geez, wondered when the hell you would get over here. Been carrying the Ross statue for awhile McC.

Tired. Mellow

Now i need a brewskie.
(04-28-2017, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be, but Foster fell a lot all on his own.

No doubt. But, factor in what Tim Williams said about drug tests. How many other players are getting away with similar stuff?
(04-28-2017, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

You really ought to do some research on John Ross before you make this absurd statement.

Already know who he is. Don't need to do more research on him. We reached on an injury prone speedy WR.
(04-28-2017, 07:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No doubt.  But, factor in what Tim Williams said about drug tests. How many other players are getting away with similar stuff?

What did Tim say?
(04-28-2017, 07:33 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Already know who he is. Don't need to do more research on him.

If you are comparing John Ross who has excellent hands and crisp route running ability to Heyward Bey you don't
know who John Ross is. To compare this pick to Al Davis's pure speed picks is hilarious OTY.

I am not wasting my time anymore though, been carrying this torch awhile and John Ross will be great barring
injuries. Stick around and check it out. This guy is a TD machine and last i knew scoring more than the other team
is how you win in football.
(04-28-2017, 12:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you think Ross is a 1 trick pony, I would suggest watching him play in any game this year.

He does it all. Long routes, short routes, tricky routes, run plays, quick slants, outs, curls.

He's not a speed freak. He's a great receiver who just so happens to be record breakingly fast.

Ross was my choice.   I envisioned him,AJ,Eifort and maybe Boyd zooming around and some D trying to cover them all.
Yes.. we need players to be healthy. Yes we need  the young Tackles to step up and play like high picks. Yes.. we need to nail the REST of the draft.

i like Ross. That 40 was smokin', but the guy had a GREAT season.
(04-28-2017, 04:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I only heard this from you. Never heard Ross was going to slide to the 2nd.

I heard lots of analysts saying we might take him at 9 though.

Sounds like you are the one making stuff up.

How could you NOT hear that. There was reports that teams have taken him off the board and he may slide to the end of the first or first half of the 2nd. It was the same report when they talked about Takk's injurys. I pasted it on here in a different thread. The only reason Buffalo was going to take Ross is because they really wanted Williams. Since the other 2 top wr's came off it kinda forced their hand. I'm willing to bet the Bills was hoping for Williams going into the draft.
Not at 9, no.

Howard would have been a better pick due to his blocking ability (something we need), his catching ability, and his durability. Not to mention I'm fine with WR. We have 2 young guys going into their second year.

But it's done so..

(04-28-2017, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If you are comparing John Ross who has excellent hands and crisp route running ability to Heyward Bey you don't
know who John Ross is. To compare this pick to Al Davis's pure speed picks is hilarious OTY.

Where do I mention Heyward Bey? Can't form an argument without a strawman I see. 

And TKHUL is right, he was a late 1st early 2nd projection. Right before the draft teams had him in the late teens or early 20s of the 1st.
(04-28-2017, 07:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How could you NOT hear that. There was reports that teams have taken him off the board and he may slide to the end of the first or first half of the 2nd. It was the same report when they talked about Takk's injurys. I pasted it on here in a different thread. The only reason Buffalo was going to take Ross is because they really wanted Williams. Since the other 2 top wr's came off it kinda forced their hand. I'm willing to bet the Bills was hoping for Williams going into the draft.

Alright, i give up. Someone said that Ross might fall to the 2nd.

Didn't happen, we got him and i am happy about it. Chow. :andy: