Poll: Are you happy with the John Ross pick?
This poll is closed.
Yes
47.87%
90 47.87%
No
32.45%
61 32.45%
Indifferent
19.68%
37 19.68%
Total 188 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll
John Ross is not just about speed. He has shown to be a good route runner. He has shown to be able to make tough sideline catches. He was absolutely excellent in the redzone for Washington
[Image: C-gdZpnVYAAQfq3.jpg]

Those numbers are FANTASTIC
The deep ball thing is not even an issue regardless of your opinions on Dalton because Ross has the ability to track the ball in the air. THAT is where the best deep ball receivers make their bread. If he gets injured, it will suck. But this is a pick that is absolutely worth it because Ross has game changing ability that the whole team does not have outside of AJ. He had one of the best playmaker scores recorded by football outsiders. Playmaker score, while never perfect like any metrics system, has predicted sleepers like Stefon Diggs, and called out weaker prospects like Treadwell, Devonte Parker, and Kevin White

The Bengals are not a team that typically takes risks in the first round, and this is the exact kind of risk to take. It's not a risk of talent nor playing ability. It's a risk of health which is largely based on luck. I could not be happier
Not really a fan of the pick. Feels like Marvin has turned into Al Davis.
(04-28-2017, 03:37 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Not really a fan of the pick. Feels like Marvin has turned into Al Davis.
What reasoning do you have behind this thought process
(04-28-2017, 03:37 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Not really a fan of the pick. Feels like Marvin has turned into Al Davis.

Is every fast player an Al Davis pick?

Ross was taken where he was projected to go, whereas Heyward-Bey was viewed as a reach due to his hands and other flaws.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Hilarious

You really ought to do some research on John Ross before you make this absurd statement.

Great post Eox. There is some clarity for you OTY, right above your post.
(04-28-2017, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is every fast player an Al Davis pick?

Ross was taken where he was projected to go, whereas Heyward-Bey was viewed as a reach due to his hands and other flaws.

When I pick my players, I want them to all be slow. If they are slow then other teams play slow too. This makes the game go longer and gives us more chances to score. It's simple math
(04-28-2017, 03:47 PM)eoxyod Wrote: When I pick my players, I want them to all be slow. If they are slow then other teams play slow too. This makes the game go longer and gives us more chances to score. It's simple math

lol
If you don't believe me, here's one game of Ross with NO go routes. Pure route running and receiving ability
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/857972006146514945

Here are the videos of him tracking the deep ball. It's not just the speed. It's adjusting to the ball in the air and getting it
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/857975706537611264
(04-28-2017, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is every fast player an Al Davis pick?

Oh stop making stuff up. Ross was NOT projected to be in the top 10. If anything he was expected to slide into the 2nd.
(04-28-2017, 03:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Oh stop making stuff up. Ross was NOT projected to be in the top 10. If anything he was expected to slide into the 2nd.

According to random reports that no one can take seriously during the draft because news is all over the place
(04-28-2017, 03:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Oh stop making stuff up. Ross was NOT projected to be in the top 10. If anything he was expected to slide into the 2nd.

Athlon's had Ross as the #1 WR in the draft.
Lindy's had him at #2 ahead of Mike Williams

Every draft publication had Ross as a 1st round grade. Was he a #9 pick? Not so sure. But he definitely is top-20. I'm not a huge fan of the pick myself, but I don't hate it either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I was disappointed last night and not feeling much better about it today. Sincerely hope I have to eat crow.

I only heard this from you. Never heard Ross was going to slide to the 2nd.

I heard lots of analysts saying we might take him at 9 though.

Sounds like you are the one making stuff up.
(04-28-2017, 04:34 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I was disappointed last night and not feeling much better about it today. Sincerely hope I have to eat crow.

I honestly wonder why people are not happy with this pick. Besides Green and MLJ our WR's have always had a tough
time getting seperation. This guy does this better than anyone, he will be wide open all the time. Allen's medicals were
much worse than John Ross, hence why he fell so far. Hooker is not a need. Deep draft for TE's so Howard was not a
bad pass. After the top 5 receivers this draft falls off a cliff...

I love this pick and wouldn't of had it any other way and the more i study up the more i love it.
(04-28-2017, 09:47 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: This is the silver lining I am hoping for, but I hope the Bengals did not go towards him due to Brown comparison.  However Brown went in the 6th Round I believe...  I just don't see us picking a player with questionable health, who might play this year or might not, in the first round when in all honestly our WR Core is not as bad as our OL, or Tackles, or DE (Johnson).  Something is not right about this pick.   So many other Solid options, and we should just let him slide cause I have a feeling he was going to go 2nd round deep.  But I am just Salty cause we didn't get Mike Williams...   Wink

Williams was already gone anyway.  At least in this day and age, under the current CBA, a first round bust doesn't cost crazy money.  Sam Bradford got a $78 million contract with $50 million guaranteed under the old CBA as a #1 pick.  He never lived up to that.  Now, even if we made the wrong choice, it doesn't cost insane money to make that mistake.  However, I have this feeling that I haven't had in a long time.  I think we got a future star in Ross.  Just a gut feeling.
(04-28-2017, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I honestly wonder why people are not happy with this pick. Besides Green and MLJ our WR's have always had a tough
time getting seperation. This guy does this better than anyone, he will be wide open all the time. Allen's medicals were
much worse than John Ross, hence why he fell so far. Hooker is not a need. Deep draft for TE's so Howard was not a
bad pass. After the top 5 receivers this draft falls off a cliff...

I love this pick and wouldn't of had it any other way and the more i study up the more i love it.

How do you know Allen's medical condition is worse than Ross'? I saw a report today the Redskins were comfortable with Allen's shoulders because Dr. James Baker cleared him.

The Bills were taking him at 10 if we did not, they immediately traded out when we took him.
(04-28-2017, 05:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How do you know Allen's medical condition is worse than Ross'? I saw a report today the Redskins were comfortable with Allen's shoulders because Dr. James Baker cleared him.

I don't, just using some common sense on wondering why a top 5 grade talent fell that far.

The Ravens seemed like a perfect fit for him and he would of been a need for them and THEY even passed on him.

Sure makes more sense to me that Allen's medicals are worse than Ross's.

Do you get me?
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)eoxyod Wrote: If you don't believe me, here's one game of Ross with NO go routes. Pure route running and receiving ability
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/857972006146514945

Here are the videos of him tracking the deep ball. It's not just the speed. It's adjusting to the ball in the air and getting it
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/857975706537611264

Those feet made me have flashbacks to Chad. Great sideline catch and made people miss like Chad.

(04-28-2017, 04:09 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Athlon's had Ross as the #1 WR in the draft.
Lindy's had him at #2 ahead of Mike Williams

Every draft publication had Ross as a 1st round grade. Was he a #9 pick? Not so sure. But he definitely is top-20. I'm not a huge fan of the pick myself, but I don't hate it either.

Exactly. WalterFootball had him top 10, and several CBS writers had him going to the Bengals. Lapham and many others as well. 

On top of that, Rotoworld said 6 of 16 team scouts who were polled, said Ross was the top WR in the draft. That was more than both Williams and Davis (who went top 10 as well).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(04-28-2017, 05:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Those feet made me have flashbacks to Chad. Great sideline catch and made people miss like Chad.

Exactly. WalterFootball had him top 10, and several CBS writers had him going to the Bengals. Lapham and many others as well. 

On top of that, Rotoworld said 6 of 16 team scouts who were polled, said Ross was the top WR in the draft. That was more than both Williams and Davis (who went top 10 as well).

TKUHL is making stuff up..... Smirk