Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Argument for and against Sewell.
(11-29-2020, 02:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, The team would be much stronger with him as our back up QB.

That...wasn't the question. If you're moving Jonah, he's still starting and he's an upgrade to Hart. 

A backup QB doesn't start...if the starter is starting. 

The comparison doesn't work. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let's just say i'm very leery on tOSU interior linemen and while the TE would be great, Sewell has the tools and potential to be a great OT and he's only 20 years old. If he didn't progress a single percent, he'd still be good. But we both know he will. 

Jonah has been good at LT but not so good that he can't be moved. 

Gimme option #1

I also think there are others that have the tools and potential to be great to very good.. so if i can get  two very good linemen ( either both offensive or 1 Oline and 1 Dline) over one lineman that is a bit better , I prefer two over one.   
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess if you consider today's PAC 10 equivalent to that of the Munoz' era then you have a point. 

But as I see it: The current PAC 10 has been a joke for a few years. 

32 players were drafted from the PAC 12 this year (3rd most after SEC & BIG 10).

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:36 AM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell has been the unanimous top offensive tackle in college football for two seasons...and the gap between him and Alex Leatherwood or Christian Darrisaw is ALOT bigger than it was last year between Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, and Jedrick Wills. He would been drafted over all those guys as well.

(11-29-2020, 01:20 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Please provide a link to any credible draft site that has an ot rated higher than Sewell. As has been pointed out already, most gave him as the highest rated non qb in this draft.

But it’s the silly season and COVID or not, we can count on you for your outlandish draft takes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask and you shall receive..... unsure how to put pictures on here but Daniel Jeremiah has rashawn slater as OL1.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ask and you shall receive..... unsure how to put pictures on here but Daniel Jeremiah has rashawn slater as OL1.

That’s like finding one person who ranks Fields ahead of Lawrence. The vast majority has Sewell as the best OL prospect in the draft.

Reply/Quote
The more i look at this team and the many needs to be competitive, if the bounty is strong with extra pick/picks in 1/2 round in a deep Oline draft a trade down fits better for Bengals than drafting Sewell if we are in that position at draft day. If bounty is not that good than I could see drafting him.

Zero support for trading up for him
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 03:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I also think there are others that have the tools and potential to be great to very good.. so if i can get  two very good linemen ( either both offensive or 1 Oline and 1 Dline) over one lineman that is a bit better , I prefer two over one.   

I also don't see the Bengals braintrust being able to turn those multiple picks into something better than a "sure thing". How many bad misses have they had in the last 10 years? And you think that's going to change?

Nah, gimme the easy pick over the 'maybe' with this team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 12:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I also don't see the Bengals braintrust being able to turn those multiple picks into something better than a "sure thing". How many bad misses have they had in the last 10 years? And you think that's going to change?

Nah, gimme the easy pick over the 'maybe' with this team. 

What pick is ever a "sure thing", I believe the last time I checked 4 to 5 of 2017 top ten have either been traded and not performed to their level.. this draft is good draft 1/2 round for Oline.. if the offer presents itself.. take it
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 12:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What pick is ever a "sure thing", I believe the last time I checked 4 to 5 of 2017 top ten have either been traded and not performed to their level.. this draft is good draft 1/2 round for Oline.. if the offer presents itself.. take it

It's simple. If you want to trust the Bengals and their track record, be my guest. 

I'm not changing my mind on this matter. Give me Sewell over any other option--as the safe bet for this team.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That...wasn't the question. If you're moving Jonah, he's still starting and he's an upgrade to Hart. 

A backup QB doesn't start...if the starter is starting. 

The comparison doesn't work. 

You actually asked "can it make the team stronger" and the answer is yes.

We know this; as it has been proven that Burrow is a better NFL QB than Finley. But what we don't know is if Sewell will be a better LT in the NFL than Jonah. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 03:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 32 players were drafted from the PAC 12 this year (3rd most after SEC & BIG 10).

So, I'll take that as a yes. 

We'll just disagree on that one. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s like finding one person who ranks Fields ahead of Lawrence. The vast majority has Sewell as the best OL prospect in the draft.

He was asked to find any and he did. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was asked to find any and he did. 

What the **** is up your ass, Mr literal?

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What the **** is up your ass, Mr literal?

Nothing. The point is why move someone who is doing well? 

Jonah has proven to be a quality starter in his first year and will get better with experience and help on the inside. 

You want to bring in Sewell and have him compete with Hart I'm all for it. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ask and you shall receive..... unsure how to put pictures on here but Daniel Jeremiah has rashawn slater as OL1.

I’ll look for the article. And any comments he made regarding Sewell opting out this year. Let’s see if his rankings change prior to the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is starting to remind me of the "a QB isn't going to fix the team, better to trade down and get more picks" last year. 

It truly is. Just like last year why pass on what is your biggest need (Is this debatable ?) for lower picks. Burrow was a easy choice last year & Sewell would be the easy one this year. Don't screw it up.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing. The point is why move someone who is doing well? 

Jonah has proven to be a quality starter in his first year and will get better with experience and help on the inside. 

You want to bring in Sewell and have him compete with Hart I'm all for it. 

The point being, to strengthen your line by moving Jonah as an upgrade at RT and putting Sewell in at LT (which i believe will be an upgrade to Jonah). 

You don't want to move them. That's cool. 

I'd prefer to move him. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:42 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  It truly is. Just like last year why pass on what is your biggest need (Is this debatable ?) for lower picks. Burrow was a easy choice last year & Sewell would be the easy one this year. Don't screw it up.

KISS principle.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 12:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's simple. If you want to trust the Bengals and their track record, be my guest. 

I'm not changing my mind on this matter. Give me Sewell over any other option--as the safe bet for this team.

So what you're saying is pick your guy and if he doesn't work out bengals fault..that makes a lot of sense.  Right now I would take Higgins over most 1st round receivers so have bengals sdo with that pick in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(11-29-2020, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was asked to find any and he did. 

they are not happy when you prove them wrong.... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote