Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Argument for and against Sewell.
(11-28-2020, 04:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He’s not even the unanimous ot1. If some team gives u a haul with the holes we have u take it.

Penei Sewell has been the unanimous top offensive tackle in college football for two seasons...and the gap between him and Alex Leatherwood or Christian Darrisaw is ALOT bigger than it was last year between Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, and Jedrick Wills. He would been drafted over all those guys as well.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 10:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And that's why you pencil him in at LT and move Jonah over to the right side. 

He has some experience there and he's been in the league and could make the move much easier. 

What has Jonah done as a LT in the NFL that makes you want to move him to RT? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What has Jonah done as a LT in the NFL that makes you want to move him to RT? 

73.1 overall PFF grade. 76.2 passpro grade. 1 penalty on the year. 97.3 pass blocking effiency (24th out of 59 that have played at least 50% of max pb snaps this year--Hart is 49th). 25th in total pressures allowed with only 1 sack (Hart is 45th with 3 sacks). 

He's a clear upgrade to Hart. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 73.1 overall PFF grade. 76.2 passpro grade. 1 penalty on the year. 97.3 pass blocking effiency (24th out of 59 that have played at least 50% of max pb snaps this year--Hart is 49th). 25th in total pressures allowed with only 1 sack (Hart is 45th with 3 sacks). 

He's a clear upgrade to Hart. 

So leave him at LT. Unusual strategy to move and olineman from LT to RT because he's doing well at LT.  

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 10:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell isn't just the best Offensive Tackle in the draft class... he is the best non-QB prospect in the draft class.

IDK, there's a TE in Gainesville that might disagree.

I'm thinking Pitts and Davis in RD 1 might be a better haul than Sewell.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, there's a TE in Gainesville that might disagree.

I'm thinking Pitts and Davis in RD 1 might be a better haul than Sewell.

Kyle Pitts is one of the best receivers in the draft but he is not a well rounded TE prospect. If you are a team that runs alot of 11 personnel that forces the TE to run and pass block more than a TE like Pitts would want too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Kyle Pitts is one of the best receivers in the draft but he is not a well rounded TE prospect. If you are a team that runs alot of 11 personnel that forces the TE to run and pass block more than a TE like Pitts would want too.

Well we don't appear to be moving in the ground and pound direction and Joe loves 5 man protection. 

Reply/Quote
Sewell plays a little upright for me, but he's still a solid tackle and better than anything we've got. To me, we draft him and find a decent guard in FA. With jonah and the other pieces we've got, bam, line fixed.

That gives you six other picks and the rest of FA to fix the defense and find a backup qb.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So leave him at LT. Unusual strategy to move and olineman from LT to RT because he's doing well at LT.  

Except when the guy replacing him is better there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 04:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He’s not even the unanimous ot1. If some team gives u a haul with the holes we have u take it.

Please provide a link to any credible draft site that has an ot rated higher than Sewell. As has been pointed out already, most gave him as the highest rated non qb in this draft.

But it’s the silly season and COVID or not, we can count on you for your outlandish draft takes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 04:06 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The argument for Sewell is easy. He’s a stud tackle that’s gonna be a top 5-7 tackle for the next decade plus. He’s gonna be damn good. He’s good at everything little to no weakness and could be there next Andrew whit worth. Argument against. If we’re picking #3 choice is clear it’s Sewell. But some like me are a fan of trading back. If the price is right. Say dolphins. 11, 42, and next years 1st. Thats 3 top 42 picks. That’s for sure worth it. Getting a top tackle and guard i plus a top defensive player either dlineman or cb in this years class would be worthy it. Dream would be Wyatt Davis, Asante Samuel, Alex leatherwood, and twyman first 3 rounds.

This is a much better draft for Oline than last year.. with so many holes.. you have to consider trading back if the offer is great for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:36 AM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell has been the unanimous top offensive tackle in college football for two seasons...and the gap between him and Alex Leatherwood or Christian Darrisaw is ALOT bigger than it was last year between Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, and Jedrick Wills. He would been drafted over all those guys as well.

Sewell is projected top 5 pick.. but im not sure getting if possible trading back can net us a top tackle and guard or top tackle/guard plus top Dline is not worth it either... We have many holes so we should listen to offers.  Still long shot we will fall perfect to draft him .. I would not trade up to draft him that is for sure.. enough good tackles out there 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 12:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except when the guy replacing him is better there. 

But you don't know that he is. Sewell has 1.5 years of play in the SUC PAC-10. We do know Jonah was a stand out in the SEC and is doing well at LT while playing beside the like of Michael Jordan.

There's no debate that Sewell is the best LT prospect in this draft, but we don't need one of those. We need everything else on the oline. 

You tell me today:

You can have Sewell in RD 1 or you can have Pitts and Davis; I'm taking option 2. 

If we wind up with #1OA do we take Lawrence because he's a better prospect than Joe?

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 01:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But you don't know that he is. Sewell has 1.5 years of play in the SUC PAC-10. We do know Jonah was a stand out in the SEC and is doing well at LT while playing beside the like of Michael Jordan.

There's no debate that Sewell is the best LT prospect in this draft, but we don't need one of those. We need everything else on the oline. 

You tell me today:

You can have Sewell in RD 1 or you can have Pitts and Davis; I'm taking option 2. 

If we wind uo with #1OA do we take Lawrence because he's a better prospect than Joe?

Let's just say i'm very leery on tOSU interior linemen and while the TE would be great, Sewell has the tools and potential to be a great OT and he's only 20 years old. If he didn't progress a single percent, he'd still be good. But we both know he will. 

Jonah has been good at LT but not so good that he can't be moved. 

Gimme option #1

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 01:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we wind up with #1OA do we take Lawrence because he's a better prospect than Joe?

Do we have the option of moving Burrow to another position, with the end result being the team is stronger?

Reply/Quote

What are you smoking, holmes?

Reply/Quote
This is starting to remind me of the "a QB isn't going to fix the team, better to trade down and get more picks" last year. 

Reply/Quote
I don’t really get the knock on Sewell for coming from the PAC 12. Didn’t the GOAT come from USC?

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really get the knock on Sewell for coming from the PAC 12. Didn’t the GOAT come from USC?

I guess if you consider today's PAC 10 equivalent to that of the Munoz' era then you have a point. 

But as I see it: The current PAC 10 has been a joke for a few years. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do we have the option of moving Burrow to another position, with the end result being the team is stronger?

Sure, The team would be much stronger with him as our back up QB.

Reply/Quote