Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Auden Tate seeking trade
(09-18-2020, 02:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: just a guy. were you born yesterday?

I have never, ever, seen this abbreviation. Between your posts regarding football and your apparent knowledge of hip terms, you are trying too hard to seem like you know what you're talking about. 
Reply/Quote
Tate is the 7th WR not the 3rd or 4th. the 6th is Erickson and he plays special teams. I get that he wants to play but it was only 1 game. If making him inactive became a pattern I would get going public but not after 1.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:50 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I've tried to help you open that fn pea brain of yours. You only see things one way, yours! Narcissistic much??
Is it possible for you to make a post without mentioning Burrow? Truly, are you capable of understanding these sentences?

There is no need to even mention the QB in this thread, none. Yet, here you are; JB this, and JB that with every other post.

The only reason I brought him up was it’s disappointing we could potentially have some internal strife going on when things should be looking up. A WR having good chemistry with his QB, and that QB looking like he could be franchise quality is relevant to a thread like this. I want to see them play together more. I didn’t just bring up some random Burrow stats out of nowhere for no reason.

FFS
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are we siding with the player who wants out or not this time?

I think there's a huge difference in a player "wanting out" and a player in a contract year saying "If you aren't going to use me, let me go somewhere where they will"  Tate wants to play here. He should have Ross' spot no doubt. Ross has done nothing this year to deserve a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:21 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: To be fair, later in the article Tate's agent clarifies that he does not intend to seek a trade at this time, but that it's an option for the future. Sounds like his agent was popping off a bit. We don't know what Tate himself has said - probably nothing.

Having said that, I was shocked at Tate not being active. I have serious questions about this coaching staff's player evaluation. I get the special teams thing, but I don't see why Tate can't play special teams. His agent says he can and you know he'll do whatever the coaches ask. Frankly I think he's probably our 3rd best WR right now. Higgins can sit.

I'd keep Higgins and Tate and deactivate Ross all day every day.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I have never, ever, seen this abbreviation. Between your posts regarding football and your apparent knowledge of hip terms, you are trying too hard to seem like you know what you're talking about. 

You and Wes Mantooth shouldn't feel alone, I had no clue what he was talking about either. "He's just JAG" "He's JAG" Sounds to me like something Paris Hilton would say..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I mentioned during camp that Higgins or Tate would be game day inactives because of special teams...

Side Note Erickson has looked very bad on punt returns this year.

I mean, he's returned it twice and last night was a fair catch in his only attempt.

Can't make that call with such a small sample size.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:32 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-auden-tate-could-seek-trade-amid-limited-role-in-cincinnati-offense-to-start-2020/amp/

Kind of pissed he got the bench Over Ross. Higgins, and Thomas.

Also, heaping a ton of praise and then getting dropped to “carry depth at other positions” is serious gaslighting.

Of course he is!!!

This is how a team starts to implode.  We needed some drama...it must have rubbed off while in Cleveland.

Seriously, what the F is ZT thinking here?  Who stepped up last year when Green and Ross were down.  Boyd and Tate.  Boyd already had a nice contract.  Tate is a 7th round pick.  He stepped up and showed what he could do and he didn't rest on that as he worked this offseason with Anquan Boldin on footwork.  He was dominant at camp.  Now, he rides the pine.  

Brilliant, ZT, absolutely brilliant.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd keep Higgins and Tate and deactivate Ross all day every day.

Yes.. agree.. been saying that for a while, maybe now others will start to see the light.. especially the Coaches.... and others on here too.. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only reason I brought him up was it’s disappointing we could potentially have some internal strife going on when things should be looking up. A WR having good chemistry with his QB, and that QB looking like he could be franchise quality is relevant to a thread like this. I want to see them play together more. I didn’t just bring up some random Burrow stats out of nowhere for no reason.

FFS

How do they have good chemistry together?  They hooked up for a couple of TD's against 3rd stringers in practice and they suddenly have good chemistry?  

Burrow didn't throw it to Tate once against LA.  If they have such good chemistry, why didn't he try to get it to him when he was in the game?  Why didn't the guy that slammed his fist on the table for them to resign AJ tell the coaches that Tate should be active and a bigger part of the offense?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only reason I brought him up was it’s disappointing we could potentially have some internal strife going on when things should be looking up. A WR having good chemistry with his QB, and that QB looking like he could be franchise quality is relevant to a thread like this. I want to see them play together more. I didn’t just bring up some random Burrow stats out of nowhere for no reason.

FFS

Ok... I agree, somewhat. QB isn't our main concern at this point. The kid is going to be solid. We need to push on. This team has much bigger fish to fry at this point.

That is what I was hoping to convey. Nice post btw. It was well conveyed as well as received in such manner.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You and Wes Mantooth shouldn't feel alone, I had no clue what he was talking about either. "He's just JAG" "He's JAG" Sounds to me like something Paris Hilton would say..... Ninja

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one.

I immediately thought of that old tv show JAG that was on back in the 90's.  That's the best I could come up with.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: How do they have good chemistry together?  They hooked up for a couple of TD's against 3rd stringers in practice and they suddenly have good chemistry?  

Burrow didn't throw it to Tate once against LA.  If they have such good chemistry, why didn't he try to get it to him when he was in the game?  Why didn't the guy that slammed his fist on the table for them to resign AJ tell the coaches that Tate should be active and a bigger part of the offense?

That’s literally all we heard coming out of camp. Burrow was really liking Tate. The fact that they didn’t hook up in one game (that no WR did anything in) is irrelevant. How many snaps did Tate even play?

Reply/Quote
I wonder if JAG is a regional thing. I've heard it, but not in a while. Saying somebody who hasn't heard it was born yesterday reveals more about the person who assumes it's universal than the person who hasn't heard it.

I also want to say this thread started out with such a promising and important topic, but has really gone south. Some seriously childish behavior all through the thread - I guess that happens when the Bengals are 0-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s literally all we heard coming out of camp. Burrow was really liking Tate. The fact that they didn’t hook up in one game (that no WR did anything in) is irrelevant. How many snaps did Tate even play?

Jake Kumerow and Armon Binns were all world in camp according to the media, too.  As I've said on here before, training camp highlights don't mean anything.  If anything, coaches look for the guys who make it look easy against the backups.  If you're having to go up and make contested catches against the backups, you aren't that good.

Tate played 15 snaps, the same as Mike Thomas.  Thomas was targeted 3 times, catching 2.  If he likes Tate so much, why didn't he try to get him involved?  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:45 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote:  Some seriously childish behavior all through the thread - I guess that happens when the Bengals are 0-2.

Oh yeah? Says you....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s literally all we heard coming out of camp. Burrow was really liking Tate. The fact that they didn’t hook up in one game (that no WR did anything in) is irrelevant. How many snaps did Tate even play?

15, IIRC.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because sometimes a WR's primary role is to clear out for someone else.  Route combinations are important.  Maybe Higgins, Thomas, and/or Green are better at the kinds of routes Tate is best at.  Maybe they don't want to bring the defense up further by putting a guy that slow out there.  

This logic as a defense for Ross is a joke. It's really old. He's making $5.5m to be a decoy? He sucks at everything else. You're telling me we couldn't get a fast cost for a fraction of the cost? I'd be we could get a fast guy for a fraction of the cost that actually contributed.

Ross brings jack shit to the team. He's an experiment that hasn't paid off and is honestly a waste to continue to try. He hasn't lived up to his draft position, paycheck, or anything. The Bengals are even dumber than originally thought if they drafted someone with the #9 pick to "clear out space" for the rest of the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jake Kumerow and Armon Binns were all world in camp according to the media, too.  As I've said on here before, training camp highlights don't mean anything.  If anything, coaches look for the guys who make it look easy against the backups.  If you're having to go up and make contested catches against the backups, you aren't that good.

Tate played 15 snaps, the same as Mike Thomas.  Thomas was targeted 3 times, catching 2.  If he likes Tate so much, why didn't he try to get him involved?  

It was one game. Would a couple targets his way have convinced you he should be given more snaps? I don’t understand the resistance here. Our WR’s have not been good. Shake things up. If Tate does nothing then we know. Right now there is no possible way you’re going to convince me he couldn’t be better than Ross.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s literally all we heard coming out of camp. Burrow was really liking Tate. The fact that they didn’t hook up in one game (that no WR did anything in) is irrelevant. How many snaps did Tate even play?

Tate got all that training camp hype when Green, Higgens, and Ross were not even playing.

NFL coaches' jobs depend on them winning.  Why the hell would they keep better players on the bench?
Reply/Quote