Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Auden Tate seeking trade
(09-18-2020, 04:17 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This logic as a defense for Ross is a joke. It's really old. He's making $5.5m to be a decoy? He sucks at everything else. You're telling me we couldn't get a fast cost for a fraction of the cost? I'd be we could get a fast guy for a fraction of the cost that actually contributed.

Ross brings jack shit to the team. He's an experiment that hasn't paid off and is honestly a waste to continue to try. He hasn't lived up to his draft position, paycheck, or anything. The Bengals are even dumber than originally thought if they drafted someone with the #9 pick to "clear out space" for the rest of the offense.

Ross was MORE productive than Tate last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:37 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This is poor from Tate.

Ross is our only speed guy & serves a function even when not getting the ball. Plus he only played 28 snaps. AJ & Boyd are 1,000 yard guys. Erickson is the #2 slot guy. Thomas played well.

I say make him a TE.

You can have all the speed in the world, but if you ain't catching the ball you ain't scaring the defense or pulling a safety.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tate got all that training camp hype when Green, Higgens, and Ross were not even playing.

NFL coaches' jobs depend on them winning.  Why the hell would they keep better players on the bench?

So coaches never make mistakes in player evaluations? Some guys can turn into gamers even if they don’t always impress in practice. I don’t see a downside to sitting Ross and giving his snaps to Tate at this point. Ross had 0 catches in a game Burrow threw for over 300 yds. He is a non-factor right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ross was MORE productive than Tate last year.

You're arguing something I never even discussed. What I responded to was that Ross' main job is to clear out space for the rest of the team. I said that joke is old. You don't waste the #9 pick of the draft on a guy to clear space for the rest of the team. You certainly don't also pay them $5.5m a year if that is the main thing they contribute to the team.

Since you want to argue something I never even addressed, here's a question for you. Look at these numbers

3 seasons + 2 games of 2020 - 51 rec, 733 yds, 10 TD
2 seasons + 1 game of 2020 - 44 rec, 644 yds, 1 TD

After looking at those numbers, would you say that either of those players were worthy of the #9 pick of the draft? Is either worth $5.5m? If you weren't a Bengals fan and didn't know which was which, wouldn't you assume they were both late round picks?

Ross gets more excuses made for him than anyone. The guy is a joke. The fact that he was taken so high should've cost someone their job. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You can have all the speed in the world, but if you ain't catching the ball you ain't scaring the defense or pulling a safety.

Ya, this dude just isn't a football player. That's the problem. No drive or love for the game..
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Glad to hear I wasn't the only one.

I immediately thought of that old tv show JAG that was on back in the 90's.  That's the best I could come up with.

Speaking of stuff from the '90s..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely..... the John Ross experiment needs mothballed.

Agreed

At some point you need to just say enough is enough. Doesn't matter what part of what year of the contract he's in.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:51 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: You're arguing something I never even discussed. What I responded to was that Ross' main job is to clear out space for the rest of the team. I said that joke is old. You don't waste the #9 pick of the draft on a guy to clear space for the rest of the team. You certainly don't also pay them $5.5m a year if that is the main thing they contribute to the team.

Since you want to argue something I never even addressed, here's a question for you. Look at these numbers

3 seasons + 2 games of 2020 - 51 rec, 733 yds, 10 TD
2 seasons + 1 game of 2020 - 44 rec, 644 yds, 1 TD

After looking at those numbers, would you say that either of those players were worthy of the #9 pick of the draft? Is either worth $5.5m? If you weren't a Bengals fan and didn't know which was which, wouldn't you assume they were both late round picks?

Ross gets more excuses made for him than anyone. The guy is a joke. The fact that he was taken so high should've cost someone their job. 

Yup, the excuses have way past run out.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tate got all that training camp hype when Green, Higgens, and Ross were not even playing.

NFL coaches' jobs depend on them winning.  Why the hell would they keep better players on the bench?

Fred you had you meds ? This is the Bengals we're talking about !
Reply/Quote
Judge Advocate General (JAG)

The title of the OP seems unfair to Tate. It's nothing more than his agent blowing smoke
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would shop Tate for a O-Lineman .....now
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:32 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-auden-tate-could-seek-trade-amid-limited-role-in-cincinnati-offense-to-start-2020/amp/

Kind of pissed he got the bench Over Ross. Higgins, and Thomas.

Also, heaping a ton of praise and then getting dropped to “carry depth at other positions” is serious gaslighting.

Isn't the title of the thread--Auden Tate seeking trade--maybe a bit misleading when the very link itself clearly says he "could seek a trade?"
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Judge Advocate General (JAG)

The title of the OP seems unfair to Tate. It's nothing more than his agent blowing smoke

Exactly. I don't know why this is a story.  It's just posturing by an agent.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fred you had you meds ? This is the Bengals we're talking about !

What? They haven’t had a storied history of getting things right?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean, he's returned it twice and last night was a fair catch in his only attempt.

Can't make that call with such a small sample size.

He wasn't great last year as a PR either.
He was 12th in the league out of 15 "eligible" players for yards per return (6.3). Eligibility = 1+ PRs per game.
10th best PR averaged 7.6 YPR, while the leader was at 12.4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You can have all the speed in the world, but if you ain't catching the ball you ain't scaring the defense or pulling a safety.

Ross caught the same % of his targets last year as Tate(50%).  He's not good, but he plays a role in the offense that we don't really have anyone else to fill.

If it was me, Thomas has shown enough the first couple of games to be the number 3 WR.  AJ has been awful and Higgins should get the bulk of his snaps until if/when he rounds back into form.  I would try to move Tate for a NT or a TE now that Uzomah is done for the year.
Reply/Quote
Auden needs to start over Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He wasn't great last year as a PR either.
He was 12th in the league out of 15 "eligible" players for yards per return (6.3). Eligibility = 1+ PRs per game.
10th best PR averaged 7.6 YPR, while the leader was at 12.4.

Gio Should of been our PR for a while now...
Reply/Quote
I honestly believe by mid year Tate and Thomas could play over Green and Ross... The youth movement is coming..
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Gio Should of been our PR for a while now...

Or Wilson. Or Phillips. (Hold on for one more day)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote