Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Available Right Tackles
This thread is simple, Hart doesn't appear to be the guy at RT and Ced O is worse than the day he arrived in the Nati.....

Whos available on the FA front or does anyone have a list of potential camp casualties that we could bring aboard from another team?

According to this link, there is one T available:

Will Beatty - Philadelphia

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/ (also note on this list Iloka is the 3rd best player available)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hart played well against chicago struggled against all pro with Dallas which other tackles have also, so I'm not ready to just give up on Hart with little on market
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought Fisher looked okay as backup LT, so maybe cut OG and look for back up RT.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hart played well against chicago struggled against all pro with Dallas which other tackles have also, so I'm not ready to just give up on Hart with little on market
You could just watch how awful he was with the Giants last year. Hart is going to get Andy killed back there.

And yes, he had a 'decent' game against the Bears. That's an outlier, not the norm. What you saw against the Cowboys is who Hart is.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
LT- Boling
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: LT- Boling
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn
This might be the best all around lineup we could put out there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You could just watch how awful he was with the Giants last year. Hart is going to get Andy killed back there.

And yes, he had a 'decent' game against the Bears. That's an outlier, not the norm. What you saw against the Cowboys is who Hart is.

Well Bill's have a solid line so he he holds his own we are ahead of last year 
Reply/Quote
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

Yeah, this is who I would go with unless we sign someone before the season operner
Reply/Quote
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

I think there's about a zero percent chance of this happening, but I'd be fine with this in some form.  I'd probably give Westerman a shot at LG.
Reply/Quote
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn
Would rather start westerman at lg and redmond at rg.  
Reply/Quote
Hart is turning 24 this week. I think his age 24 season will be his best yet
Reply/Quote
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

Yes except Westerman over Hopkins
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 08:44 PM)corpjet Wrote: This thread is simple, Hart doesn't appear to be the guy at RT and Ced O is worse than the day he arrived in the Nati.....

Whos available on the FA front or does anyone have a list of potential camp casualties that we could bring aboard from another team?

According to this link, there is one T available:

Will Beatty - Philadelphia

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/  (also note on this list Iloka is the 3rd best player available)

I am not sure of relevance of IIoka being 3rd best when this is a FA group depleted as most good players were signed already.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If they are going to bring someone in, they need to do it, so they have time to learn the calls......
Reply/Quote
There is no one to bring in. The Vikings have lost almost their whole line, the Patriots lost their rookie Wynn, almost every team has 0 depth at tackle. I was listening to someone this weekend discuss how tackle in the NFL is a wasteland right now. There is no depth to be had and not even enough quality starters (as we know). We are going to be stuck with what we have pending a big cut due to cap issues (I was hoping this was going to be Donald Penn but it didn't happen).

I think short of maybe seeing if Incognito is willing to try RT we are stuck with what we have and we will just need to make due. Hart got beat up by an All Pro DE so I'm not going to panic about that. If he can be serviceable against average DE's we can game plan around the top ones.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is no one to bring in. The Vikings have lost almost their whole line, the Patriots lost their rookie Wynn, almost every team has 0 depth at tackle. I was listening to someone this weekend discuss how tackle in the NFL is a wasteland right now. There is no depth to be had and not even enough quality starters (as we know). We are going to be stuck with what we have pending a big cut due to cap issues (I was hoping this was going to be Donald Penn but it didn't happen).

I think short of maybe seeing if Incognito is willing to try RT we are stuck with what we have and we will just need to make due. Hart got beat up by an All Pro DE so I'm not going to panic about that. If he can be serviceable against average DE's we can game plan around the top ones.

Hate to say it, but our best bet might be to suck it up elsewhere and stick an extra lineman on the right side.... go with one less receiver since both our running backs can catch.....
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hate to say it, but our best bet might be to suck it up elsewhere and stick an extra lineman on the right side.... go with one less receiver since both our running backs can catch.....

You can scheme around one weak position on one side, but not on both sides as we saw last year. You can do things like bootlegs away, you can attach a TE inline and chip, you can keep a HB in to check and release. I am not as worried because knowing where the rush will come from most of the time can be worked around. I expect a lot of screens to the right to try and slow down the rush a bit.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hate to say it, but our best bet might be to suck it up elsewhere and stick an extra lineman on the right side.... go with one less receiver since both our running backs can catch.....

They can go jumbo sets with fisher...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

I'm with this, except I would put Redmond at RG and Westerman at LG.  Boling and Glenn are our best tackles and those are the most important positions (and most glaring weakness) on the line.
Reply/Quote
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

How much experience does Clint have at LT? Same with Glenn? This would have be the most (individually) inexperienced line in the NFL with that much shuffling. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote