Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Available Right Tackles
(08-19-2018, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: LT- Boling
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

I don't expect Bolling moves to LT.   i think he could be the RT.   I think Westerman and Redmond could win out at G.

Hart MAY last as RT. Ced Og MIGHT get a shot at G.  This  O-Line movie will have some plot twists.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:19 PM)redwood Wrote: I don't expect Bolling moves to LT.   i think he could be the RT.   I think Westerman and Redmond could win out at G.

Hart MAY last as RT. Ced Og MIGHT get a shot at G.  This  O-Line movie will have some plot twists.

Redwood, i agree with everything besides Og getting a shot at Guard, he cannot even handle weaker Ends, no
way he could handle DT's. I am thinking it is about time to just cut ties and bring in a guy like Alex Boone as
Sunset said. Boone can play all over the line and can play RT like Sunset brought to my attention.

BTW, in the Offseason i was disagreeing with people saying we should cut Og, but i think it has played out and
he is not going to get any better.
Reply/Quote
Og makes close to $3M cap this year and plays like a guy at the league minimum. It is NOT rocket science what should be done with him. Mikey probably wants to convert him to a TE
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: LT- Boling
LG- Redmon
C- Price
RG- Hopkins
RT- Glenn

Flip Boling and Glenn and this could work.

I wouldn't be shocked if the team took a flyer on Menelik Watson.  It sounded like they were ready to draft him a few years ago until Andre re-signed the night of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 01:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Flip Boling and Glenn and this could work.

I wouldn't be shocked if the team took a flyer on Menelik Watson.  It sounded like they were ready to draft him a few years ago until Andre re-signed the night of the draft.

Heard Menelik was worse than Og last year, granted he was going against Mack two games but still...

Not my top prospect, i like Alex Boone much better from what Sunset said.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where Boling struggles is in run blocking. Can't see that being helpful on the Right side. He did finish 2017 at LT and performed well.

Of course it won't happen and hopefully there's no need (someone putting it together at RT. I still have hopes that Pollack will get Hart up to speed. He has the build for RT

We could throw every dime we have left at Joe Thomas

Would be a serious waste of time.
He's lost 50+lbs since retiring, so he's about 250-260 now.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 07:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Would be a serious waste of time.
He's lost 50+lbs since retiring, so he's about 250-260 now.

Why wouldn't he scale down?  He's made enough money to last a lifetime.  I'll bet he feels like a new man, with all of that pressure off of his lover back, knees, hips and ankles.

Edit: Just for shits and giggles, I'll say that he'd still be a world better than Ogbuehi at 260#.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why wouldn't he scale down?  He's made enough money to last a lifetime.  I'll bet he feels like a new man, with all of that pressure off of his lover back, knees, hips and ankles.

Edit: Just for shits and giggles, I'll say that he'd still be a world better than Ogbuehi at 260#.

60 year old Anthony Munoz would probably be better than Og...

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 60 year old Anthony Munoz would probably be better than Og...

I guarantee that's true...… Anthony has lost the weight and the strength Og never had.....but he still has heart, which Og never had....
Reply/Quote