Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awuzie likely out for year
And he got hurt on the play where Pratt had a wide open run to the QB and went after a pump fake.

Reply/Quote
Bengals are great team when healthy but have little depth at most positions. CB is suddenly thin and Apple is not the answer long term. Looks like round 1 CB this draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Depth was my major concern about this team going into the season. If they stayed relatively healthy, like they did last year, I had high hopes for them. But Chase, Reader and Awuzie missing significant time has really put us in a bad spot. We're now relying on rookie cornerbacks to save the season, presuming Dax is CB6 behind Awuzie (injured), Apple (injured), Hilton, Cam (rookie) and Flowers (injured).
Reply/Quote
William Jackson is on the trade block. He's on the trade block because he was benched though.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Depth was my major concern about this team going into the season. If they stayed relatively healthy, like they did last year, I had high hopes for them. But Chase, Reader and Awuzie missing significant time has really put us in a bad spot. We're now relying on rookie cornerbacks to save the season, presuming Dax is CB6 behind Awuzie (injured), Apple (injured), Hilton, Cam (rookie) and Flowers (injured).

It was just a week or two ago people were on here complaining that Dax and CTB were not getting any playing time. Well, now they'll get some playing time. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: William Jackson is on the trade block. He's on the trade block because he was benched though.

Oh hell no...... I'd rather lose out the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Depth was my major concern about this team going into the season. If they stayed relatively healthy, like they did last year, I had high hopes for them. But Chase, Reader and Awuzie missing significant time has really put us in a bad spot. We're now relying on rookie cornerbacks to save the season, presuming Dax is CB6 behind Awuzie (injured), Apple (injured), Hilton, Cam (rookie) and Flowers (injured).

We beat a Falcons team with the secondary depleted.

The Browns beat us with a backup QB and were missing their top CB. We weren't even competitive.

If Chase was out there, we still lose big. This was Dallas or the Steelers game.
Reply/Quote
If only they'd listened to bfine in RD 2:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-bfirst-Mock--31407?pid=1184223#pid1184223

Quote:RD 2: Tariq Woolen/CB/6’3”/205 lbs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If only they'd listened to bfine in RD 2:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-bfirst-Mock--31407?pid=1184223#pid1184223

and we would still be short a CB because we wouldn't have drafted0 CTB in the 2nd if your guy was drafted.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They aren’t going to make any moves before the deadline. I don’t think they had real interest in winning against the schedule this year. Top 10 draft pick next year and right now I don’t think Burrow deserves a monster contract. His play is not good enough for one.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:47 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They aren’t going to make any moves before the deadline. I don’t think they had real interest in winning against the schedule this year. Top 10 draft pick next year and right now I don’t think Burrow deserves a monster contract. His play is not good enough for one.

The Burrow situation will be interesting. He's going to want a huge contract. If they offer him lower or don't offer him, it could get contentious.

For the record, I think they offer him a massive contract and retain him.

As far as a tough schedule...we've played mainly backup QB's and former busts all year minus Lamar. We probably couldn't have faced easier QB's. And we're 4-4.

We lost to 2 teams in the Browns and Steelers that have a combined 3 wins not counting us.

I think the SB run last year was fun, but we're now saddled with inept coaches. And that's going to severely limit our progress going forward.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: William Jackson is on the trade block. He's on the trade block because he was benched though.

He just got released today. 

Would be an interesting option but he seems like a huge turd tbh. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He just got released today. 

Would be an interesting option but he seems like a huge turd tbh. 

With Awuzie out...might not have any better options.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Burrow situation will be interesting. He's going to want a huge contract. If they offer him lower or don't offer him, it could get contentious.

For the record, I think they offer him a massive contract and retain him.

As far as a tough schedule...we've played mainly backup QB's and former busts all year minus Lamar. We probably couldn't have faced easier QB's. And we're 4-4.

We most to 2 teams in the Browns and Steelers that have a combined 3 wins not counting us.

I think the SB run last year was fun, but we're now saddled with inept coaches. And that's going to severely limit our progress going forward.

They are 4-4 against the weak part of the schedule. They are about to play against teams that will put up 30 in the first half with those DBs
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:37 PM)pally Wrote: and we would still be short a CB because we wouldn't have drafted0 CTB in the 2nd if your guy was drafted.

But at least our drafted CB would be good. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We beat a Falcons team with the secondary depleted.

The Browns beat us with a backup QB and were missing their top CB. We weren't even competitive.

If Chase was out there, we still lose big. This was Dallas or the Steelers game.

Off topic, but in response to your comment on Dallas/Steelers....  We just can't seem to handle teams with primetime rushers (Steelers- TJ, Dallas- Micah Parsons, Browns- Miles Garrett).  We need to be able to run the ball so that rushers can't just pin their ears back, but we don't even seem to try.  I wish they'd at least rotate Perine and/or Evans in for a series at a time, just to see if it makes a difference.  Not just a token carry here or there.  I believe Perine had one carry for seven yards last night.... Mixon just looks a step slow and totally defeated, whether it's lost confidence or whatever, and he can't pass protect at all.  I love Zac for the roster and culture he's help build.  But we need an offensive mind to get us over the hump.  Unfortunately, he's not it....  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And he got hurt on the play where Pratt had a wide open run to the QB and went after a pump fake.

Sucks, have to make a trade for a Corner now. Awuzie was playing like an All-Pro damn it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:47 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They aren’t going to make any moves before the deadline. I don’t think they had real interest in winning against the schedule this year. Top 10 draft pick next year and right now I don’t think Burrow deserves a monster contract. His play is not good enough for one.

Geez, he had a bad game but I won't go that far. The playbook and how they are calling plays and using the personnel is the
problem in my eyes. You are usually a great poster Gdale, but this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And he got hurt on the play where Pratt had a wide open run to the QB and went after a pump fake.

Pain....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote