Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BJ Hill Re-signing with Bengals
(03-14-2022, 04:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm taking neither. It doesn't have to be an either-or or the lesser-of-two-bad-contracts.

You already have the 10th highest paid DE, 11th highest paid DT, and 19th highest paid DE on the DL.

What's your point? 

Do we not want a good DL? Did you see what the Rams did to us in the SB? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Will Bengals resign Spain and then have him and Carman battle out LG?
Reply/Quote
This deal is getting some good grades out there. According to Walter Football:

"The Bengals have to be laughing at the Bears. Chicago signed Larry Ogunjobi to a 3-year, $40.5 million deal with $26 million guaranteed. Cincinnati retained a superior player at the same position for $10 million less overall and $11 million less guaranteed.

Not only is Hill better than Ogunjobi; he's a couple of years younger as well. I think this is a slight overpay, but compared to Ogunjobi's contract, it's a huge bargain."

Link: https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php
Reply/Quote
Well Hill and Reader absolutely stuffed the run in the playoffs. I really think Hill is a huge diamond in the rough. I think he’s awfully good when you look at his all around performance. As far as the playoffs he proved a plenty.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:18 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Will Bengals resign Spain and then have him and Carman battle out LG?

I’d suspect so. I think they keep Hopkins. That gives them a hell of a position group with ridiculous versatility which is so important.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:21 PM)Bengalion Wrote: This deal is getting some good grades out there. According to Walter Football:

"The Bengals have to be laughing at the Bears. Chicago signed Larry Ogunjobi to a 3-year, $40.5 million deal with $26 million guaranteed. Cincinnati retained a superior player at the same position for $10 million less overall and $11 million less guaranteed.

Not only is Hill better than Ogunjobi; he's a couple of years younger as well. I think this is a slight overpay, but compared to Ogunjobi's contract, it's a huge bargain."

Yeah, it might be a slight overpay for BJ, we don't know that. Could be a bargain if he continues to grow as a pass rusher.

(03-14-2022, 04:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well Hill and Reader absolutely stuffed the run in the playoffs. I really think Hill is a huge diamond in the rough. I think he’s awfully good when you look at his all around performance. As far as the playoffs he proved a plenty.

No doubt, Reader and Hill owned Brian Allen one of the best run blocking Centers in the league in the SB too.
Reply/Quote
Needed that signing , glad to see
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hope so, but this means we still need to bring back or replace Spain.

In addition to replacing Reiff. This could be a very different line in 2022.

Not that anyone would be upset by that. LOL

Spain just tweeted a winking emoji. I think he’s coming back.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d suspect so. I think they keep Hopkins. That gives them a hell of a position group with ridiculous versatility which is so important.

Raimann is still your man then...

Personally I cut Hop and add a RT. I don't want a raw rookie, Prince or Fred Johnson starting at RT opening day.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d suspect so. I think they keep Hopkins. That gives them a hell of a position group with ridiculous versatility which is so important.

Honestly, I would totally roll with this line:

Jonah - Karras - Hopkins - Cappa - Collins (or Trent Brown).

But, I'm sure Karras was brought in to play Center. But the versatility is good!
Reply/Quote
Excellent news
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well Hill and Reader absolutely stuffed the run in the playoffs. I really think Hill is a huge diamond in the rough. I think he’s awfully good when you look at his all around performance. As far as the playoffs he proved a plenty.

Agree rather than an overpay I think it is accurate and if he continues to excel it could actually be a win for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain just tweeted a winking emoji. I think he’s coming back.

Hope so
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain just tweeted a winking emoji. I think he’s coming back.

Which is fine with me, he didn't play well in the postseason but I heard he was hurt. 

Spain played very well when healthy in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for this. Good 3T against the run with some pass rush ability. I would still like to see them draft another 3T they could rotate on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Honestly, I would totally roll with this line:

Jonah - Karras - Hopkins - Cappa - Collins (or Trent Brown).

But, I'm sure Karras was brought in to play Center. But the versatility is good!

I’d rather Williams- Spain/Jackson- Karras- Cappa- Collins/Brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain just tweeted a winking emoji. I think he’s coming back.

I dont care that much for Spain.  He crumbled in the playoffs against good defenses.  Why sign him to a 5 million a year contract if you could sign Connor Williams to a 7 million per year contract.

This is assuming Williams and Spains contracts would be close to PFF prediction.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:27 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Agree rather than an overpay I think it is accurate and if he continues to excel it could actually be a win for the Bengals.

Well I’d say there’s an epidemic of overpaying permeating today in the NFL universe.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:31 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im dont care that much for Spain.  He crumbled in the playoffs against good defenses.  Why sign him to a 5million a year contract if you could sign Connor Williams to a 7 million per year contract.

True unless it’s a lot less.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What's your point? 

Do we not want a good DL? Did you see what the Rams did to us in the SB? 

Our expensive d-line was largely responsible for absolutely stuffing the Rams run game.

Also making King Henry look like Serf Henry.

(03-14-2022, 04:21 PM)Bengalion Wrote: This deal is getting some good grades out there. According to Walter Football:

I don't always agree with Walter, but this is pretty spot on with how I feel.

It miiiight be a slight overpay, but I'm good with that. If he maintains or improves on 2021, it's not an overpay at all.

(03-14-2022, 04:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain just tweeted a winking emoji. I think he’s coming back.

If that's the case...

LT - Jonah
LG - Spain
C - Karras
RG - Cappa
RT - ?

If we fill RT with a good player, I could roll with that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote