Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016
I'm curious as to what other teams have decided to go over on a Thursday. Lately, teams have been leaving for London as soon as their previous game is over. Hopefully we don't have jet lag in the game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm curious as to what other teams have decided to go over on a Thursday. Lately, teams have been leaving for London as soon as their previous game is over. Hopefully we don't have jet lag in the game.

I believe the Bills left on Sunday night this year to play a Sunday game.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 10/30/16 is a Sunday.

Regardless, I believe the Bills left on Sunday night this year to play a Sunday game.

Correct.  IIRC, they left for London immediately after losing to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm curious as to what other teams have decided to go over on a Thursday. Lately, teams have been leaving for London as soon as their previous game is over. Hopefully we don't have jet lag in the game.

It's a real mix of approaches from what I've seen, no-one seems to have worked out the best way to do it yet. Interestingly, the Redskins could be over here for two weeks as they might be Jacksonville's opponent in Week 7. Not sure whether that would be an advantage or not.
Reply/Quote
"Hey taxpayers, BUY ME A ***** STADIUM"

"Hey fans, We'll be in LONDON"

And a **** you to you as well mr brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here is the full London schedule:

Colts vs Jaguars - Week 4
NFC East Team vs. Rams - Week 7
Redskins vs. Bengals - Week 8

What is interesting is that if the Redskins finish in the same place as the Rams, Washington will play in London two consecutive weeks. Not sure if that would give WSH an advantage but interesting none the less.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:41 AM)jowczarski Wrote: YES.

Giving up a game at PBS.

BREAKING: BENGALS PLAYERS REACT TO LONDON & GIVING UP A HOME GAME. READ/SHARE

so do season ticket holders get this deducted from their overall cost or is a pair of tickets to the game included as well as airfare...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I believe the Bills left on Sunday night this year to play a Sunday game.

(11-25-2015, 12:20 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Correct.  IIRC, they left for London immediately after losing to the Bengals.

(11-25-2015, 12:21 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: It's a real mix of approaches from what I've seen, no-one seems to have worked out the best way to do it yet. Interestingly, the Redskins could be over here for two weeks as they might be Jacksonville's opponent in Week 7. Not sure whether that would be an advantage or not.

I will say that everyone has their different approach, but I don't recall a team leaving that late for a London game. Storm and WDT are right about the Bills. They went from the locker room to the airport for their game. The Jags have gone over on so many different days.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
The only thing that I like about this is that we're going 8 weeks, bye week, and then the final 8.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I will say that everyone has their different approach, but I don't recall a team leaving that late for a London game. Storm and WDT are right about the Bills. They went from the locker room to the airport for their game. The Jags have gone over on so many different days.

Yeah, the Jags didn't get here until the Friday this year.
Reply/Quote
i guess the only real benefit here is 1 its not a prime time game everyone else is asleep.. And 2 maybe pick up some more international fans
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:32 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Terrible for you Americans I realise, but I am over the moon here.

If they lose, you're the jinx.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:55 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Fantastic for us U.K based Bengals....been following them since 1988 and the first chance to see them!!

Be really interested to see how many british bengals they are ....we should sell out as there are a lot of UK redskins fans from when NFL first got popular over here

So our opponent will have the fan advantage for one of our "home" games.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: "Hey taxpayers, BUY ME A ***** STADIUM"

"Hey fans, We'll be in LONDON"

And a **** you to you as well mr brown.

The same could be said for almost every team in the league.  It's one game out of the 16 years the stadium has been open.

(11-25-2015, 12:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If they lose, you're the jinx.

Built in scapegoat... nice!
Reply/Quote
don't we have a member from England on these boards? Or maybe it was just the old JN?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So our opponent will have the fan advantage for one of our "home" games.  

so it be like a steelers game
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So our opponent will have the fan advantage for one of our "home" games.  

This is exactly another reason this is BS

Home field is a big deal in the NFL and they just gave us a disadvantage.

I could have sworn the Steelers were the away game when  they went giving them an advantage of playing 8 home games, 7 away games and 1 neutral game that turned into another home game (more fans).

Why is this not Redskin home game? They have the bigger fan base in London it appears
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is awesome. Definetly going to try and go.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so it be like a steelers game

Steelers used to be a home game (not really, but close), but in recent years the Steelers fans are outnumbered 10 to 1 where as it used to be 5 to 1.

So, no Steelers no longer have a home field advantage in Cincinnati and have not now for 3 for 4 years

But, they may in the future if fans like me bail as more tickets will become available for the Steelers fans
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't think any single NFL team has enough fans in England to create a "home field" crowd.

It will be a "neutral" game. Not as bad as an away game, but definitely not as good as a home game.
Reply/Quote