Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016
Wait, Mike Brown prioritized making money over competitive advantage? Holy crap, has the world just gone insane?!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:59 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Well not from England but from Wales here. Will be a 400 mile round trip for me. But I will be there. And all the hate here i can understand as its a home game for you guys. But we have a few more than 10 Bengal's fans in the UK Wink 

Last time i was at the international series. Cowboys vs Jags I saw a lot of Bengal fans just walking in and out of the place. I imagine we will get a lot there but not up to the standards of say the traditionally well supported UK teams like the 49ers/Cowboys/Dolphins/Patriots/Redskins etc.

Its only 1 game guys. You wont even remember a few weeks later :)

But you won't have 60,000 plus at the game rooting for the Bengals. And that's the only reservation I have for this. Happy for you and all other Great Britain fans who will be able to attend. However, as a fan for the Bengals, losing a home game is a disadvantage for the team. Pity the league couldn't work it out so that all teams making this trip make the game an away game, with just an honorary home team designated for those purposes.

Bottom line here is just follow the money .......that's what this is all about.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
This game will also represent the first time the defending superbowl champs play in London!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:46 AM)Earendil Wrote: Not sure I like this, though I am happy for our fellow fans in the UK.

Yeah, the same. I don't like it personally but our fellow UK fans deserve to see our team.

Don't like giving up a Home game especially. But i guess other teams have had to go through the same.
Reply/Quote
If we have to give up a home game then so should the rest of the AFC North.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:29 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: This game will also represent the first time the defending superbowl champs play in London!

I see what you did there  Cool

I like it  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:29 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: This game will also represent the first time the defending superbowl champs play in London!

Thas right, and we ain't talkin about the Skins! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:54 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: Absolutely I right, I reckon.

It'll end up being 25-30% Bengals, similar for the Redskins and the rest neutral, a lot of whom will root for the home team as they will get a Bengals flag and get carried by the announcers etc. 

Bengals are surprisingly well supported here, probably around mid way if you were to rank all the teams.

I take it you are a transplant.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting silly.  It is logistically impossible for the NFL to have a team in London.  The league just wants to develop a fan base over their who will watch more games on tv and buy more merchandise.  They don't give a shit about the effect on the fans or players.

I just read an article that said NFL stadiums will start getting smaller and smaller because the money is not in ticket sales anymore.  So they don't care if they piss off the people that actually attend the games in person.

I predict that we will have more Thursday night games and probably even games on Tuesday and Wednesday after the next collective bargaining agreement.  The players will sell out for more money.

I dont know about another Thursday. Wednesday, or Tuesday game but there will be a 17th game added on and more playoff games will be added.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I am happy for our British brethren. I know several soccer fans who would lose their minds if their favorite team came over here to play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I take it you are a transplant.

'Fraid not. Just another Brit.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:39 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: 'Fraid not. Just another Brit.

If I ever heard a Brit say "I reckon", my whole image would be shattered.  I know damn well they never say it in any version of "A Christmas Carol" because I've seen them all.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If I ever heard a Brit say "I reckon", my whole image would be shattered.  I know damn well they never say it in any version of "A Christmas Carol" because I've seen them all.

lol. If i was you then, don't head over here any time soon Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:51 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hey all - don't have time right now to scroll through as locker room opens shortly, but here is some instant reaction from your brothers in arms, so to speak, in the UK.

They're excited to have the Bengals there.

Quote:“I am absolutely made up that the Bengals will be coming to London in 2016,” said Michael Smith, who lives in Kent, near London. 

???  SPEAK ENGRISH SON!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If I ever heard a Brit say "I reckon", my whole image would be shattered.  I know damn well they never say it in any version of "A Christmas Carol" because I've seen them all.

I occasionally jokingly use words that are normally reserved for hayseeds and I've only had sex with my cousin like, once.

Anywho, to keep on topic, I find it fascinating how some noted homers are throwing a fit the second Mikey Boy's pursuit of the dollar punches them in nuts.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:14 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I believe they will amend pricing for having a lost game.

Yes they will only charge us for 7 games.

My issue is they also charged us an expensive seat license per seat. We paid for 8 games a year in that license, not 7.

It is just another way the season ticket get ripped off.

We pay taxes with our businesses and our homes to fund the stadium and we buy a seat license. Yet, they take a game away from PBS. There is know way to spin this, it is a raw and bad deal for businesses and tax payers of Hamilton County and the season ticket holders. In most cases, the fans and business owners get a double whammy of lost income on game day and loss of sitting at PBS cheering for their team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting silly.  It is logistically impossible for the NFL to have a team in London.  The league just wants to develop a fan base over their who will watch more games on tv and buy more merchandise.  They don't give a shit about the effect on the fans or players.

I just read an article that said NFL stadiums will start getting smaller and smaller because the money is not in ticket sales anymore.  So they don't care if they piss off the people that actually attend the games in person.

I predict that we will have more Thursday night games and probably even games on Tuesday and Wednesday after the next collective bargaining agreement.  The players will sell out for more money.

I truly think you are right...  ):"
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anywho, to keep on topic, I find it fascinating how some noted homers are throwing a fit the second Mikey Boy's pursuit of the dollar punches them in nuts.

(11-25-2015, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes they will only charge us for 7 games.

My issue is hey also charged us an expensive seat license per seat. We paid for 8 games a year in that license, not 7.

It is just another way the season ticket get ripped off.

We pay taxes with our businesses and our homes to fund the stadium and we buy a seat license. Yet, they take a game away from PBS. This is know way to spin this, it is a raw and bead deal for businesses and tax payers of Hamilton County and the season ticket holders. In most cases, the fans and business owners get a double whammy of lost income on game day and loss of sitting at PBS cheering for their team.

BINGO
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:37 PM)J24 Wrote: I dont know about another Thursday. Wednesday, or Tuesday game but there will be a 17th game added on and more playoff games will be added.

If they expand the regular season schedule it will, probably go to 18.  Other wise the teams that play 9 home games will have an advantage each year.

They will need to expand the roster to like 60 players. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should provide a close circuit viewing of the game at the coliseum for season ticket holders.

How many season ticket holders are there? Would they all fit in there?
Reply/Quote