Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016
(11-25-2015, 12:38 PM)Earendil Wrote: The same could be said for almost every team in the league.  It's one game out of the 16 years the stadium has been open.

Glad to have you on the boards finally Troy. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think any single NFL team has enough fans in England to create a "home field" crowd.

It will be a "neutral" game.  Not as bad as an away game, but definitely not as good as a home game.

It will be like a pre-season game for the players from a crowd perspective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hey all - don't have time right now to scroll through as locker room opens shortly, but here is some instant reaction from your brothers in arms, so to speak, in the UK.

They're excited to have the Bengals there.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:40 PM)basballguy Wrote: don't we have a member from England on these boards?  Or maybe it was just the old JN?

Oh heyyyy. Delighted Bengal fan from England here.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:51 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hey all - don't have time right now to scroll through as locker room opens shortly, but here is some instant reaction from your brothers in arms, so to speak, in the UK.

They're excited to have the Bengals there.

Glad we'll have all 10 of those fans over there 'rocking the Wembley jungle'.  :snark: The more I process the fact that our boys will be playing 3000+ miles away from home the more I dislike it. You can spin it however you want.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
There is no denying the competitive advantage the "home" team loses and it's a shame they choose to write that part off.

Also I better not have to go to Yahoo.com to steam the game. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think any single NFL team has enough fans in England to create a "home field" crowd.

It will be a "neutral" game.  Not as bad as an away game, but definitely not as good as a home game.

Absolutely I right, I reckon.

It'll end up being 25-30% Bengals, similar for the Redskins and the rest neutral, a lot of whom will root for the home team as they will get a Bengals flag and get carried by the announcers etc. 

Bengals are surprisingly well supported here, probably around mid way if you were to rank all the teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:52 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Oh heyyyy. Delighted Bengal fan from England here.

Bring home a winner!
Reply/Quote
At least I will have good reason to start drinking liquor at 8:00 AM.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:54 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: Absolutely I right, I reckon.

It'll end up being 25-30% Bengals, similar for the Redskins and the rest neutral, a lot of whom will root for the home team as they will get a Bengals flag and get carried by the announcers etc. 

Bengals are surprisingly well supported here, probably around mid way if you were to rank all the teams.

You're probably right. Somewhere in the upper echelon after the big teams like Raiders, Dolphins, Giants, Pats, 49ers, Steelers and Colts.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:54 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Bring home a winner!

Well not from England but from Wales here. Will be a 400 mile round trip for me. But I will be there. And all the hate here i can understand as its a home game for you guys. But we have a few more than 10 Bengal's fans in the UK Wink 

Last time i was at the international series. Cowboys vs Jags I saw a lot of Bengal fans just walking in and out of the place. I imagine we will get a lot there but not up to the standards of say the traditionally well supported UK teams like the 49ers/Cowboys/Dolphins/Patriots/Redskins etc.

Its only 1 game guys. You wont even remember a few weeks later :)
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:59 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Well not from England but from Wales here. Will be a 400 mile round trip for me. But I will be there. And all the hate here i can understand as its a home game for you guys. But we have a few more than 10 Bengal's fans in the UK Wink 

Last time i was at the international series. Cowboys vs Jags I saw a lot of Bengal fans just walking in and out of the place. I imagine we will get a lot there but not up to the standards of say the traditionally well supported UK teams like the 49ers/Cowboys/Dolphins/Patriots/Redskins etc.

I truly am happy for you guys across the pond and I hope your right that there's a lot of orange in Wembley. My group's going to try to make the trip over for the game, but it hurts the wallet. 
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:59 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Well not from England but from Wales here. Will be a 400 mile round trip for me. But I will be there. And all the hate here i can understand as its a home game for you guys. But we have a few more than 10 Bengal's fans in the UK Wink 

I couldn't be more excited.

Reply/Quote

Dont get us wrong im happy for you guys to get a chance to see the bengals live.

just dont like losing home field here when its finally been rocking
Reply/Quote
DO the Bengals really give up a home game. It seems a pretty simple affair to have two teams play in England when they are both scheduled for away games.....
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dont get us wrong im happy for you guys to get a chance to see the bengals live.

just dont like losing home field here when its finally been rocking

Yeh I understand. And if i was in your shoes with a season ticket i would probably feel the same. 

We have a big NFL Community in the UK i think a lot of Americans would be surprised.

http://forum.nfluk.com/index.php

At the moment like any forum just people moaning about things lol. In this instance due 2 the 2nd game being in Twickenham people the other side of London moaning about travel LOL.

they should try travelling from the other side of the UK or potentially in some of your cases the other side of the pond :)
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: DO the Bengals really give up a home game. It seems a pretty simple affair to have two teams play in England when they are both scheduled for away games.....

Yes they DO math is simple 8 games in your stadium... are home games.

and they only have 7.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals just lost a season ticket holder of 4 seats.

My guess is my family of friends will also get rid of their seats as well so the Bengals likely to lose 8 seats.

Obviously, the NFL nor the Bengals care as they are getting richer by other means.

It is just not fair to sell us an expensive seat license for 8 regular season games and then only give us 7 games.

So congrats to the Bengals and the NFL for pissing off season ticket holders on one more city.

I believe they will amend pricing for having a lost game.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
this kind of stinks.  Not a fan of TNF, was not a fan with the Bills in Toronto, and am not a fan with football in another continent.  So tired of the NFL trying to get every penny out of everyone.
Reply/Quote
After reading comments from the UK Bengals fans it warmed my heart a little. I'm happy for them and hope the Bengals put on a show if they make it to the game!
Reply/Quote